v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

3 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Interesting omissions from the subs, particularly with Jody Morris’s comments the other evening about “ways of letting players know they are not part of the plans” or words to that affect.  I must say that there was a great balance of experience and youthful exuberance across the squad - at no point when the subs were coming on did I feel we were substantially weakening the team.  Exciting times ?

Can you link me to that interview please?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Another thing, Scott Carson’s save today was so ridiculous I laughed. It’s like we’ve got the Great Wall of China in goal. 

It was brilliant! Mind you, he gave me about 4 mini heart attacks throughout the game. Frank/Given has got him thinking he's Neuer ?

51 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But I can say that I can see both Forest and Derby having successful seasons. Hopefully we will get up automatically as I wouldn’t be able to bare a game against them in play offs. The forest Portuguese new signings don’t seem like mugs that some people are saying.

As for Derby, I’ll watch highlights tomorrow but I’m glad Mount, Flo and Wilson played well. I was worried before the game that Bryson was going to miss start of season due to his injury problems so I’m glad he played today.

This is the Derby v Wolves match thread, why would we care about forest?

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Can you link me to that interview please?

It was on Rams TV earlier this week.  Just after 3 mins when they talk about the size of the squad..... maybe how I interpreted the comments but seemed a pretty clear message.  I have to say I think Jody Morris is a hugely influential character and a really important part of Franks coaching staff - very impressive.  Link below if it works....

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/07/everything-is-starting-to-take-shape

Have been more excited about the start of this season more than I can’t remember when. After today’s performance I’m now full of confidence. 

A completely different Derby. No more Hoofball. The new players seem to have revitalised the team.. 

Nugent missed 2 sitters early on but made up for it. I think Marriott might be the icing on the cake thought.

COYR!!

47 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

I lost the connection about 4/5 times just after the start of 2nd half

but ok after that, thank god.

Excellent commitment shown by the whole team, as the commentary stated

who would you pick as MOM, everyone gave everything.  COYR

Ledley - kept everything ticking

Took my daughter to her first game today and she loved it (always helps when we win!). It was also the first time I’ve been to a match we’ve won since the playoff final (I only get to 2-3 games a season as I live beyond the wall). I’ve literally been cursed!

I thought they all looked good today, especially Max Lowe. Great afternoon all round!

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Max Lowe was brilliant today, he is so convincing on the ball. He's going to be a big player for us this year.

The two guys sat in front of me literally spent the entire game moaning about Lowe - he's always out of position, he's never played well for then first team, hes always injured, he ain't good enough, he's gonna cost us promotion this year and on and on and on. 

I thought he was good today, he had much more of a testing game than against Southampton, and he came through it well enough.

I would also add, I thought Wolves showed a lot of quality. You could see why they won the league. Last season the game against Wolves frustrated me more than any other. We played like a league two side in a big FA Cup draw. Today we controlled the game for the most part. We were the ones with the foot on the ball. It’s just so refreshing to see. I know Lampard is inexperienced, but I think the improvement he’s already had on this Derby team deserves so much credit. He’s got us playing peak McClaren days, for me, which I honestly don’t have any higher praise. 

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The two guys sat in front of me literally spent the entire game moaning about Lowe - he's always out of position, he's never played well for then first team, hes always injured, he ain't good enough, he's gonna cost us promotion this year and on and on and on. 

I thought he was good today, he had much more of a testing game than against Southampton, and he came through it well enough.

Should've knocked their heads together.

Archived