v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

1 hour ago, Igorwasking said:

That Lowe Cruyff turn. When attackers in a Derby shirt do that - I am excited. When our 19 year old left back does that - well - I won’t tell you what happened - but I’m in the spare bed tonight!

That was ridiculous from Lowe, deffo a future star if he can stay fit!

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I love this interview.

Owen asking great questions. 

Frank so excited that he can hardly get his words out fast enough.

You know, I think I’m going to play this interview whenever I’m fed up. Be it work, my sons, the Mrs, whatever, play this and I’ll just snap out of it, I’m sure. 

I really think we’ve cracked getting Frank Lampard in, what a positive influence he’s going to be. ? 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The two guys sat in front of me literally spent the entire game moaning about Lowe - he's always out of position, he's never played well for then first team, hes always injured, he ain't good enough, he's gonna cost us promotion this year and on and on and on. 

I thought he was good today, he had much more of a testing game than against Southampton, and he came through it well enough.

Lowe did have a couple of times where he got himself the wrong side or showed some naivety but honestly I didn’t care. What the lad did do far outweighed any minor slip-ups or lapses in judgement. Some lovely skill at times.

Thats kind of my outlook on the youth in this team; they’ll make mistakes but they’ll also excite us. Let ‘em make the mistakes.

Its only when it’s players who don’t offer anything other than “experience” that get the basics wrong that it gets frustrating.

Lots and lots to look forward to this season.

55 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I love this interview.

Owen asking great questions. 

Frank so excited that he can hardly get his words out fast enough.

Yeah i love this too. This is probably the most authentic I've seen him since he's come in. He's been very slick in interviews, and said all the right things, but he's a pro at that and it felt a little PR. In this interview you can tell how excited and happy he is to be here- absolutely buzzing and clearly cannot wait to get the season going. 

2 hours ago, SKRam said:

If we occupy the top two spots then we’re just being greedy I’ll be happy with one of them ?

Only second place is available. The Gumps have already got the league wrapped up - a month earlier than normal.

18 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

Lowe did have a couple of times where he got himself the wrong side or showed some naivety but honestly I didn’t care. What the lad did do far outweighed any minor slip-ups or lapses in judgement. Some lovely skill at times.

Thats kind of my outlook on the youth in this team; they’ll make mistakes but they’ll also excite us. Let ‘em make the mistakes.

Its only when it’s players who don’t offer anything other than “experience” that get the basics wrong that it gets frustrating.

Lots and lots to look forward to this season.

I think we probably need to temper our expectations on Lowe just a little bit. Given his age, and the type of player he is, I suspect he's going to have a few absolute stinkers this season, where he ends up costing us goals (plural). But I think he'll do more than enough going forward to outweigh that over the full season.

Hopefully the attacking football will give the players a bit more breathing room to make mistakes without the fans getting on their backs too. If we lost a game last season, there was literally nothing else to get excited about, so it was straight to moaning.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I didn’t watch the Derby game today, I was going off what people said on here about the Derby game, seems I made the right choice with the problems with RAMSTV

p.s would it be bad if I said?

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

You chose to watch the Forest game?!

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don’t call it watching,  I call it scouting opponents ?

You know what I call it?

giphy.gif

Frank is clearly a very bright boy. Jody is a master tactician. What a pairing. Hats off to all the staff. 

Basically an unrecognisable team form last season. We would have stood a good chance of winning the play offs if we had played like we did today. 

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

As daft as it sounds Ledley make "keep everything ticking" into an art form. Going to go out on a limb here, but I think he's the best pure defensive midfielder (as opposed to deep laying playmaker) in the championship.

This.

No matter how tight the situation is he will ALWAYS show for the ball, that is brave for a man of his technical ability.  If he had the stickiness and quick feet of a Simon Dawkins he would be underpinning a Champions League midfield no doubt.

Top top player.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stoke have also won the league so play offs are all that’s left.

I saw a tweet from one of their die-hards  yesterday, saying something along the lines of:

”worried that there aren’t enough goals in this side to guarantee automatics, think we should go 4-4-2”

They still haven’t been managed by GR in a competitive game. They are set for an interesting autumn I suspect...

Just got back from the match - had to do some food shopping on the way back! Can't believe people complaining about Lowe. We thought he was immense and can only get better. In fact everyone played play both off and on the ball. So much more entertaining than last year's boring offerings and it was great to see Bryson back putting in a really good shift. Wolves fans very vocal boasting we're in the premiership. Well on today's showing there didn't look a league's difference between the sides. Well done Frank for remotivating our team and using our youngsters

Just listened to Clements post match reaction to Reading 0-4 Palace. I'm sure he was drunk and I don't know what they put in the water down there but he looks rough. Anyway, he was stating that they have played some "top" teams but didn't mention that they haven't won a single pre season game. He then said "Palace are quality and are a top 10 Prem side" - he lost all credibility after that statement ?

8 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Just listened to Clements post match reaction to Reading 0-4 Palace. I'm sure he was drunk and I don't know what they put in the water down there but he looks rough. Anyway, he was stating that they have played some "top" teams but didn't mention that they haven't won a single pre season game. He then said "Palace are quality and are a top 10 Prem side" - he lost all credibility after that statement ?

He lost credibility paying 10 million plus for Butterfield and Johnson 3 years ago

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Wasn't there a point where Reading went 4 games with like 4 shots on target?

Got no dislike for Clement but he seems to like the glamour of being a manager and not the actual dirt work. I'm sure he loves an interview and a nice suit. 

His lack of interest in scouting opponents, his random transfer strategy... does he really want to spend time developing players and helping them understand how to operate as a unit? I kinda think no.

Remember being sat in the South Stand watching our left side (Shackell, Warnock, Johnson and Russell) get pressed back because none of them could pass while teams would lay off the right half (Keogh, Cyrus, Ince, Butterfield) because they might expose small gaps. 

You could see it clearly and yet Clement didn't do anything about it. I think he's interested in being in amongst the elite and doesn't show this level much respect.

Just now, wingfieldram said:

Speaking of Johnson.......I thought he looked good when he came on. 

Everyone wants to play for Frank! 

@Alpha mentioned in another thread that Lawrence is learning to look up under Frank's tutelage, and I noticed Johnson doing just that too this afternoon. 

Archived