v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I am glad that Clement is not our Manager. 

Lampard today is Derby's happiest ever Manager. 

I agree. If you watch Frank's post match interview from today his body language and his tone of voice is really interesting.  He's genuinely excited by how we've played in the last two games and can't wait for Friday. I hope that's infectious because it will serve us well if it is.

It's the Championship so there will be good runs of form and times when we will lose/draw games we should win; there's more difficult matches this year and more with a bit of added spice; there are teams which appear to have improved and the ones that have come up will be on a roll.  But. It's daft to ignore the fact that we've had a good pre-season, that the novice manager and his novice management team have done well, that we're playing in a different and more positive style, that they've created a positive mix of youth and experience and even dafter not to take all that positive energy into the new season.

There will be occasions when we will need to recall this feeling but hopefully not too many.

14 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I agree. If you watch Frank's post match interview from today his body language and his tone of voice is really interesting.  He's genuinely excited by how we've played in the last two games and can't wait for Friday. I hope that's infectious because it will serve us well if it is.

It's the Championship so there will be good runs of form and times when we will lose/draw games we should win; there's more difficult matches this year and more with a bit of added spice; there are teams which appear to have improved and the ones that have come up will be on a roll.  But. It's daft to ignore the fact that we've had a good pre-season, that the novice manager and his novice management team have done well, that we're playing in a different and more positive style, that they've created a positive mix of youth and experience and even dafter not to take all that positive energy into the new season.

There will be occasions when we will need to recall this feeling but hopefully not too many.

Excellent post, ilkleyram. 

2 hours ago, ram59 said:

I do wish people would calm down or have I been in a coma and missed us winning the championship and Cup double? 

Remind me, just how many competitive games have we played under FL. 

Remember there are forums for Stoke, forest, boro, WBA, etc all claiming that the league is already won. 

Miserable git.

6 hours ago, Alpha said:

It was the Wolves league game that made me decide I wanted Rowett gone.

I get that you want to play on the counter Gary but they aren't attacking because they're winning.

Gary, they're just passing it about at the back.

Gary? Why are we trying the counter attack when they have 8 men behind the ball? Can't we press them a bit?

Gary why do we keep trying to kick and chase?

Gary, we have no players in their half when they have the ball. You remember we are losing.

Oh, they scored again.

Well I can really see a successful future playing entirely on the counter attack whether we are being attacked or not. 

The reality is we have a negative manager in the building and he's just signed a new contract. 

And people are defending him because Wolves are good... and next year they actually want to put this against City, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool. 

Yay

Don't forget taking Vydra off for Hanson to hold on to the 2-0 deficit. 

Just looked on the wolves forum lots stating “it’s only a friendly, but if we lose next Saturday’s friendly I’ll be worried”

They seemed miffed Douglas is going, hate Bonatelli or whatever his name is too.

One said he was concerned they were losing to Derby, I think they’ve forgotten our recent record against them (less last season)

Bless em, it was only a few mind, and most seem level headed.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Just looked on the wolves forum lots stating “it’s only a friendly, but if we lose next Saturday’s friendly I’ll be worried”

They seemed miffed Douglas is going, hate Bonatelli or whatever his name is too.

One said he was concerned they were losing to Derby, I think they’ve forgotten our recent record against them (less last season)

Bless em, it was only a few mind, and most seem level headed.

We've had nowt to fear from Wolves since Stevie Bull stopped slamming them past us!

30 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

We've had nowt to fear from Wolves since Stevie Bull stopped slamming them past us!

That's not how we approached the fixtures last year. 'Rabbits in headlights' springs to mind.

I went to the away game at Wolves last season and my already negative feelings I had for Rowett really came to a head .Yesterday's performance was light years away .

Without getting carried away you could see they had a bit extra quality on the ball as you would expect considering the money they have spent .

I am absolutely delighted with what I have seen so far which is Notts away ,Mansfield [well maybe not Mansfield] and Soton and now Wolves .The thing that worries me about the Mansfield game is I don't reckon Derby fancied the physicality of it.

Max Lowe was a revelation yesterday if he stays fit we will be hard pressed to keep him and the whole team was excellent after the dour stuff of last year I have my love of DCFC back .

So in conclusion if we have a bit of steel /resilience about us  and time will tell we are up.

Frankus Lampardius Maximus is on a military campaign to get Promotion this Year. He knows exactly who he wants to sign and knows that a great start is vital. Bizarre that no team has bid for Vydra. Paper talk is a load of bullshittius maximus on occasions. Vydra wanting £50,000 pw is therefore tripius maximus. Has Vydra's head been turned? I want Vydra to stay but intrigued who we would sign if we had the Vydra money.

Last minute deal is not ideal and no deal is not a deal better. I would not move Elland high water to sell Vydra. Are dirty tricks afoot?

30 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Frankus Lampardius Maximus is on a military campaign to get Promotion this Year. He knows exactly who he wants to sign and knows that a great start is vital. Bizarre that no team has bid for Vydra. Paper talk is a load of bullshittius maximus on occasions. Vydra wanting £50,000 pw is therefore tripius maximus. Has Vydra's head been turned? I want Vydra to stay but intrigued who we would sign if we had the Vydra money.

Last minute deal is not ideal and no deal is not a deal better. I would not move Elland high water to sell Vydra. Are dirty tricks afoot?

All I got out of that is you watched Gladiator in film 4 the other night!?

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

All I got out of that is you watched Gladiator in film 4 the other night!?

Actually I recordered it the other night but have not watched it again yet. 

Smell the soil, we are going up EnigmaRamicus Maximus ?⬆️

15 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The last two Saturday's have seen victories against two premiership outfits, combined posts of over 70 pages comprising of massed euphoria, optimism, happy smiley faces and not a scapegoat in sight.

...........the worlds gone mad!!?

Enjoy it OSR

News flash OSR changes name to OTT

Not long ago, Forest were playing flowing, easy-on-the-eye football but getting poor results, and saying, 'Well, I'd rather watch this even if we don't get promoted than that turgid rubbish Rowetts got them playing up the road, despite their league postion'.

Now, we're saying 'Well, I'd rather watch this easy-on-the-eye football even if we don't get promoted, rather than the dour stuff Karanka will churn out even if they're up near the top'.

Strange folk, football fans.

2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

I am absolutely delighted with what I have seen so far which is Notts away ,Mansfield [well maybe not Mansfield] and Soton and now Wolves .The thing that worries me about the Mansfield game is I don't reckon Derby fancied the physicality of it.

Need to factor in that we had done a full training session before the Mansfield match, which you would never do in the season. If they looked tired and lacking physicality, it was because they’d been put through a full-pace training session early into pre-season and then had to go out against a physically League 2 side who probably hadn’t done the same. That’s not representative of what we’d actually see if we were playing them competitively (not to mention the fact we wouldn’t change the entire XI at half time!)

Archived