v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

Rams vs Wolves.

Saturday 28th July 2018 3pm kick off.

Last game of pre season, last dress rehearsal. How close to the Reading team will this be? Most players to get a full 90?

Will there be more there than against Southampton? 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Wolves apparently took a fair few to Stoke so there should be some sort of away following this week.

And a great chance for some ale intake in relaxed circumstances for an away day 

I assume that he would start with something very close to his starting 11 (subject to more signings and injuries) but will probably still try a couple of alternative ‘plans’ to give people a chance to stake a claim.  Likely to be a far more difficult game than Southampton but that’s no bad thing.  

Who gets left out of the squad will be interesting.

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

I assume that he would start with something very close to his starting 11 (subject to more signings and injuries) but will probably still try a couple of alternative ‘plans’ to give people a chance to stake a claim.  Likely to be a far more difficult game than Southampton but that’s no bad thing.  

Who gets left out of the squad will be interesting.

You would hope so

Very disappointed when this was announced as our "showcase" final friendly, but after seeing all but one (Coventry) games I am actually looking forward to it now

Settle for a scoring draw with no injuries and hopefully no big mistakes leading to players being slaughtered before we have even started

45 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Very disappointed when this was announced as our "showcase" final friendly, but after seeing all but one (Coventry) games I am actually looking forward to it now

Settle for a scoring draw with no injuries and hopefully no big mistakes leading to players being slaughtered before we have even started

I remember our 'showcase' friendly being Barcelona... oh how times have changed with the opposition... Barcelona only get to play spurs this year... bet they're wishing it was Frank lampards Derby County! 

Get fitter, no injuries and it's job done. Decent win and we travel to Reading buzzing. Lose and we're brought down to Earth and have stuff to work on. Will Vyds have left, in which case will Waghorn have arrived? Sweet Marriott to start, or Nuge or even La Maison? And Flo-Jo benched again? 

Despite Paul Clement doubtless gracing us with his presence, I reckon we'll start with the expected Reading lineup:

Carson

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Lowe

Ledley 

Bryson           Mount 

Wilson         Marriott       Lawrence

If Waghorn comes for a big fee, where does he fit into the team? 

43 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Get fitter, no injuries and it's job done. Decent win and we travel to Reading buzzing. Lose and we're brought down to Earth and have stuff to work on. Will Vyds have left, in which case will Waghorn have arrived? Sweet Marriott to start, or Nuge or even La Maison? And Flo-Jo benched again? 

Despite Paul Clement doubtless gracing us with his presence, I reckon we'll start with the expected Reading lineup:

Carson

Ledley 

Bryson           Mount 

I would also go with that starting 11, looks very good on paper, but football is played on grass, so time will tell I suppose,  subs will be Roos, Pearce, Huddlestone, Johnson,  Flo, Nugent and Bennett.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

I would also go with that starting 11, looks very good on paper, but football is played on grass, so time will tell I suppose,  subs will be Roos, Pearce, Huddlestone, Johnson,  Flo, Nugent and Bennett.

I wondered about subs, but thought perhaps there'll still be eleven as it's preseason. After a good preseason it will be disappointing if Thomas doesn't get a look-in, but if we're down to 7 subs I suspect you've picked them. Then if Waghorn arrives is it Nugent or Bennett who makes way?

21 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wondered about subs, but thought perhaps there'll still be eleven as it's preseason. After a good preseason it will be disappointing if Thomas doesn't get a look-in, but if we're down to 7 subs I suspect you've picked them. Then if Waghorn arrives is it Nugent or Bennett who makes way?

Glad I'm not making that decision, if I was  mind, would have to go with Bennett - he's earnt

his place and deserves a run.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Carson

Ledley 

Bryson           Mount 

Well I'd say in this 4 3 3 he'd fit really well. It suits a big lad up front in the middle and Waghorn's built like a brick shithouse. So the question could possibly be where does it leave Marriott?

Archived