v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

I do wish people would calm down or have I been in a coma and missed us winning the championship and Cup double? 

Remind me, just how many competitive games have we played under FL. 

Remember there are forums for Stoke, forest, boro, WBA, etc all claiming that the league is already won. 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I do wish people would calm down or have I been in a coma and missed us winning the championship and Cup double? 

Remember there are forums for Stoke, forest, boro, WBA, etc all claiming that the league is already won. 

Nobody is saying we're going to storm the league. People are just feeling positive because we beat a tough side, playing entertaining and expansive football. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, otherwise what's the point in being a supporter if you can't take joy in victory?

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Fifth it is then.

Just now, ram59 said:

Remind me, how long have Lampard and Morris had with this squad ? A  Year ? 6 months ? I’m pretty sure it’s around a month but stand to be corrected.

What they have achieved in this short time is an outstanding contrast to the tripe dished up by their predecessor, by a country mile so forgive us for our optimism and pleasure at being entertained.

5 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Now I like to think of meself as a miserable old git, and  I can see your point. But come on, after the dull-as-ditchwater offerings of last season and what with the players Lampard's brought in. you have to allow people to get a little excited.

And, yes, I do know that I posted something very similar to @ram59 a couple of months ago.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Remind me, how long have Lampard and Morris had with this squad ? A  Year ? 6 months ? I’m pretty sure it’s around a month but stand to be corrected.

What they have achieved in this short time is an outstanding contrast to the tripe dished up by their predecessor, by a country mile so forgive us for our optimism and pleasure at being entertained.

Totally agree mate.

Watching the first half I was stunned at how exciting we looked.

When these players get used to each other I think the sky's the limit.

And Max Lowe, wow! That kid is going to be special!

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Why do you want people to calm down?

I don't get why some people who aren't pumped up would want to tell people who are, that effectively, they shouldn't be.

I shall bask in my own excitement like Cleopatra basked in asses milk, until that I see something to make me think otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Nobody is saying we're going to storm the league. People are just feeling positive because we beat a tough side, playing entertaining and expansive football. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, otherwise what's the point in being a supporter if you can't take joy in victory?

I've got to take issue with you there, 1 in 5 have predicted us to win the league, on the back of a couple of friendlies. 

Yes, I am looking forward to entertaining football and hoping that it clicks into place, but our management team is very inexperienced in both management and the championship. 

There's no harm in looking forward to the new season and the signs are encouraging, but some people seem to be going over the top. 

15 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've got to take issue with you there, 1 in 5 have predicted us to win the league, on the back of a couple of friendlies. 

Yes, I am looking forward to entertaining football and hoping that it clicks into place, but our management team is very inexperienced in both management and the championship. 

There's no harm in looking forward to the new season and the signs are encouraging, but some people seem to be going over the top. 

I was asked if I was drunk when I was the first person on here to predict that we would win the league this year. Now it appears that 20% of posters may have a similar issue??

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Just listened to Clements post match reaction to Reading 0-4 Palace. I'm sure he was drunk and I don't know what they put in the water down there but he looks rough. Anyway, he was stating that they have played some "top" teams but didn't mention that they haven't won a single pre season game. He then said "Palace are quality and are a top 10 Prem side" - he lost all credibility after that statement ?

Here's the interview in question:

22 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Isn't that all part of being a football fan though? If you don't enjoy yourself during the good times, then like I said, what's the point? So what if people are going over the top? Let them enjoy things. I'm personally more excited for this year than any of the other seasons I can remember. 

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’ve blown it. Seen the comments from Wolves fans and put money on us for promotion and to win the league! As a derby fan pre-season is the only time you can be euphoric! 

Are you drunk? ???

I am euphoric. Long may. It last. 

Archived