v Wolves (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Max Lowe was brilliant today, he is so convincing on the ball. He's going to be a big player for us this year. Mason Mount is such a complete midfielder, he has so much time on the ball, and has got incredible vision. 

Our football today was superb at times, quick one touch passing was used often. The Lampard revolution is going to be excellent to watch.

Totally agree and, last time I'm going to mention it (probably!), to think we could still have had Rowett in charge AND we got £2million COMPENSATION ?

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

I thought he did OK going forward when choosing to pass rather than beat his man. He came up against Boly and was just flattened any time he tried to get past him, but when he looked for a pass, more often than not it would lead to at least a half chance. I was just really impressed by his defensive performance after being moved to a central role in the 2nd half

That run back and challenge on the edge of our box in about the 86th minute. Thought if that was a league match he had just secured us 3 points. Impressive.

26 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Ledley - kept everything ticking

As daft as it sounds Ledley make "keep everything ticking" into an art form. Going to go out on a limb here, but I think he's the best pure defensive midfielder (as opposed to deep laying playmaker) in the championship.

30 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The two guys sat in front of me literally spent the entire game moaning about Lowe - he's always out of position, he's never played well for then first team, hes always injured, he ain't good enough, he's gonna cost us promotion this year and on and on and on. 

I thought he was good today, he had much more of a testing game than against Southampton, and he came through it well enough.

You must sit near me.... sounds like the moaning numpties that I have to tolerate every home game.  ?

Watched on rams tv, first time I’ve watched them this pre-season. Promising signs, sloppy sometimes but great desire to win the ball back. Wilson can play better but his work rate was phenomenal. Mount looks good. Star men were Lowe and Lawrence. Lowe has come of age and looks top quality now. Even Nuge was excellent - has to start first game if he’s still here.

Real positive signs. The players who were solid last season are still solid, Lowe and Bennett have both taken their games to the next level, the new signings are class and Lawrence looks ready to rip up the division.

And all against a strong wolves side!!

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

As daft as it sounds Ledley make "keep everything ticking" into an art form. Going to go out on a limb here, but I think he's the best pure defensive midfielder (as opposed to deep laying playmaker) in the championship.

He's a better John eustace.

9 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

You must sit near me.... sounds like the moaning numpties that I have to tolerate every home game.  ?

They aren't normally sitting there, so I'm assuming theyre the kind of fans that form opinions based entirely on imagining what's happening in the game via radio Derby commentary.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

The two guys sat in front of me literally spent the entire game moaning about Lowe - he's always out of position, he's never played well for then first team, hes always injured, he ain't good enough, he's gonna cost us promotion this year and on and on and on.

Oh dear, oh dear. It's gonna be a bloody long season for you if you're all season ticket holders. Lowe was really good again, but yes he needs to get better defensively.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I would also add, I thought Wolves showed a lot of quality. You could see why they won the league. Last season the game against Wolves frustrated me more than any other. We played like a league two side in a big FA Cup draw. Today we controlled the game for the most part. We were the ones with the foot on the ball. It’s just so refreshing to see. I know Lampard is inexperienced, but I think the improvement he’s already had on this Derby team deserves so much credit. He’s got us playing peak McClaren days, for me, which I honestly don’t have any higher praise. 

It was the Wolves league game that made me decide I wanted Rowett gone.

I get that you want to play on the counter Gary but they aren't attacking because they're winning.

Gary, they're just passing it about at the back.

Gary? Why are we trying the counter attack when they have 8 men behind the ball? Can't we press them a bit?

Gary why do we keep trying to kick and chase?

Gary, we have no players in their half when they have the ball. You remember we are losing.

Oh, they scored again.

Well I can really see a successful future playing entirely on the counter attack whether we are being attacked or not. 

The reality is we have a negative manager in the building and he's just signed a new contract. 

And people are defending him because Wolves are good... and next year they actually want to put this against City, United, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool. 

Yay

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear, oh dear. It's gonna be a bloody long season for you if you're all season ticket holders. Lowe was really good again, but yes he needs to get better defensively.

Or we could just go the Roberto Carlos route and say that he's gonna bomb on literally all the time and make the other teams right winger defend him instead... 

I love this interview.

Owen asking great questions. 

Frank so excited that he can hardly get his words out fast enough.

42 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

They aren't normally sitting there, so I'm assuming theyre the kind of fans that form opinions based entirely on imagining what's happening in the game via radio Derby commentary.

If that's true then maybe you should cut them some slack - how can anyone get an accurate impression of what's happening by listening to the current numpties on Radio Derby.

Thought Lawerence, Mount and Wilson complimented each other very well, and looked very much in sync with each other’s thinking....

Ledley though, absolutely brilliant in midfield..... tidies and knits together so well.

Hope Lowe and Bennett can stay injury free.....

Thought it was telling Jerome never got a sniff today as well....

Archived