Kasey Palmer - Signed for Blackburn on loan

DarkFruitsRam7

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Play Keogh in midfield - kill two birds with one stone.

This is an idea i thought would have worked well last year, move Keogh along with Huddlestone and put Pearce in at centre back with Davies

Provides us with more mobility in the midfield surely?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

We can't judge Palmer on anything, he wasn't played enough or on a continuous basis. Maybe the lad needed 4-5 games that he started which would have let him settle.

I agree we didn’t see enough of him for whatever reason but I can comment on what I observed without judging his potential. 

A rough diamond certainly & I’m fairly comfortable that we have the right environment & ex Chelsea personnel to improve him. 

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Would love him back IF fully fit. I read he only started 2 games out of 16 appearances last season. That is crazy for a player of his quality. I can only think that he was injured when we signed him as it was a proper deadline day move wasn't it so probably was coming back from injury and thrown in.

He's an exciting talent and with the right management and guidance is a serious threat. 

And he was on loan at Huddersfield last season but he only started a couple of games there from August to December 

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Midfield diamond of 

Huddlestone

Palmer                                 Thorne/Mount

Lawrence

Abraham                   Marriott

tenor.gif?itemid=5435160

5 hours ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Would love him back IF fully fit. I read he only started 2 games out of 16 appearances last season. That is crazy for a player of his quality. I can only think that he was injured when we signed him as it was a proper deadline day move wasn't it so probably was coming back from injury and thrown in.

He's an exciting talent and with the right management and guidance is a serious threat.

Exactly this. I thought Rowett had claimed that they were managing an injured player for the entirety of his loan period. He was injured at Huddersfield too. I thought he looked the part when he came on, but there's nothing to be gained by buying injured players. He has to prove he is robust enough to last a season.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly this. I thought Rowett had claimed that they were managing an injured player for the entirety of his loan period. He was injured at Huddersfield too. I thought he looked the part when he came on, but there's nothing to be gained by buying injured players. He has to prove he is robust enough to last a season.

Someone is going to have to remind me which game it was, but there's one Kasey Palmer moment which completely sold me on him.

He picks up the ball deep, beats one, then two, then three, then four. The ball looks glued to his feet, and his movement with it was exceptional. Just as he looks as if he's run himself into trouble, Palmer pops the ball through the defenders, finding the on-running Weimann, who buries the ball in the back of the net.

After that, Rowett started to lose me. How on earth you could see that quality and not think to play him, I couldn't understand. Perhaps he was injured a bit. Perhaps he didn't trust him. I don't know, but what I do know is that, in Palmer, we could have an exceptionally quality player on our hands!

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Someone is going to have to remind me which game it was, but there's one Kasey Palmer moment which completely sold me on him.

He picks up the ball deep, beats one, then two, then three, then four. The ball looks glued to his feet, and his movement with it was exceptional. Just as he looks as if he's run himself into trouble, Palmer pops the ball through the defenders, finding the on-running Weimann, who buries the ball in the back of the net.

After that, Rowett started to lose me. How on earth you could see that quality and not think to play him, I couldn't understand. Perhaps he was injured a bit. Perhaps he didn't trust him. I don't know, but what I do know is that, in Palmer, we could have an exceptionally quality player on our hands!

QPR away, his only start I believe.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Away against QPR

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I remember the move you’re on about. The most talented player in our squad. If only we had a coaching team that has worked with him for an extended period of time before....

Suspect he would have followed a similar time line to Jordon Ibe's loan. Looked a little unsure in what he was doing, but given the chance to have a run of games, learn what to do, what not to do, and he could have been terrifying.

Combination of a niggly injury, and Vydra's form, put paid to that.

Loan with view to a permanent in January, for me. My only concern would be, where would this leave Lawrence? Will he be seen as a winger? Or would he be given a chance to prove himself in the #10 spot?

People need to realise that Rowett didn't choose players like Palmer with ability he chose players who worked hard like Weimann.

For instance when people say that Lawrence wasn't good last year - them people need to understand why he didn't have as much of an impact as everyone thought........Rowett made him Defend. Lawrence is an attacker, he scores goals and makes assists - He is not a defensive player. Rowett always wanted his wide men to trackback and as a counter attacking team when you've just ran 60 yards backwards just to run 70 forwards again your quality wont be there due to exertion when you get the ball to feet - He had too much defensive responsibility. Hopefully Frank will let the attackers attack and defenders defend, simple.

Rowett really was an insanely frustrating manager, how he has landed on his feet I have no idea.

Rowett literally made Bryson and Hughes look useless by playing them as defensive as possible.

Lawrence was hindered by being asked to defend constantly.

Palmer made brief appearances and then was asked to play a holding midfield role...an attacking number 10 from Chelsea asked to play holding mid.

I need to move on.

16 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Rowett was a defender first and foremost and has the mindset of a defender in everything he does.

I can imagine he is dynamite in the bedroom.

Teasing the woman for hours until she is completely knackered and then bang, Gary goes on the counter attack, only to fail to deliver.

Archived