Kasey Palmer - Signed for Blackburn on loan

DarkFruitsRam7

Sorry to see that Kasey won't be joining us but I guess securing Mason's services put an end to his chances of a return to Derby. Struck me as a really nice, polite lad who seemed to want to play for us. Don't think he was ever 100% fit last season and still often looked the best player on the park. Maybe he'll be back some time but in the interim, I hope he has a decent time of it at Blackburn.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember seeing him for Gillingham a few years ago and thought he looked a bit special, but because of his hair I completely disregarded him (bad hey).

I did that with van der Laan, 6 months before he signed for us I was chanting gypo at him when we played a midweek game against Port Vale at the BBG. 

7 hours ago, ONEPIEGON said:

Might go against the grain but i hope not, i have seen him play c. 6times for Gillingham and he was largely anonymous, maybe he is a late bloomer. The trick is to man mark and he disappears.

We've got one of those already....as in dead for about 80 years and hasn't played for about 100.......?

4 hours ago, Rample said:

I did that with van der Laan, 6 months before he signed for us I was chanting gypo at him when we played a midweek game against Port Vale at the BBG. 

He looked so much better once he shaved his head...and that's coming from a Madras eating, lager drinking straight guy.

PistoldPete2
11 hours ago, 86 points said:

Sorry to see that Kasey won't be joining us but I guess securing Mason's services put an end to his chances of a return to Derby. Struck me as a really nice, polite lad who seemed to want to play for us. Don't think he was ever 100% fit last season and still often looked the best player on the park. Maybe he'll be back some time but in the interim, I hope he has a decent time of it at Blackburn.

Didn't do enough for us when he was here. I'm sure frank and jody would have snapped him up,if they really wanted him. 

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Didn't do enough for us when he was here. I'm sure frank and jody would have snapped him up,if they really wanted him. 

Sorry but I don't agree with any of that. Firstly, Frank was going to sign him until Mount made it clear he'd play in the Championship. Even Kasey thought he was coming back. As for last season, he didn't really get a chance to shine but was clearly streets ahead of most of the side in terms of raw technical ability and just the kind of player you'd think Frank could nurture. You may not rate him but I reckon he's a great signing for Blackburn if only until Xmas.

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Sorry but I don't agree with any of that. Firstly, Frank was going to sign him until Mount made it clear he'd play in the Championship. Even Kasey thought he was coming back. As for last season, he didn't really get a chance to shine but was clearly streets ahead of most of the side in terms of raw technical ability and just the kind of player you'd think Frank could nurture. You may not rate him but I reckon he's a great signing for Blackburn if only until Xmas.

I don’t think Kasey was ever truly linked with us so you can’t say Frank was going to sign him. Everyone was just looking way too much into his Instagram posts. 

16 hours ago, HantsRam said:

We've got one of those already....as in dead for about 80 years and hasn't played for about 100.......?

Could have sworn that Snake tried to sign him last season (Steve that it is) just about the right age profile 144!

13 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

How much are you expecting him to do in 400 minutes of football over half a season? Even then he managed two goals and two assists.

I also don’t understand the concept of ‘didn’t do enough’. Signing players based off of what they’ve done is lazy, it’s why I have my concerns over Marriott, it’s what caused us to spunk £25,000,000 up the wall. 

You sign players based on what they are. 

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

*Unfollows on social media*

Mods lock Thread, not happy.

We didn't want him it seems. Would have thought he'd have been good cover for Mason and Bryso myself as an injury to either wouldn't be ideal. Can't blame Kasey though!

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

We didn't want him it seems. Would have thought he'd have been good cover for Mason and Bryso myself as an injury to either wouldn't be ideal. Can't blame Kasey though!

Maybe the young man wants to play a bit more regularly than cover for those two! 

Having watched Mount in two friendlies he looks streets ahead of Palmer. I hope he does well at Blackburn, with the usual exceptions of course.

Didn't think he'd come to us after the signings we have made, but if I'm honest I thought he'd end up somewhere better than Blackburn. Deffo a step down from where he's played the last couple of seasons (unless they've suddenly become play off contenders, which I doubt).  

Archived