Kasey Palmer - Signed for Blackburn on loan

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sage said:

I didnt log in here for poo jokes.

Me neither. Vasectomy jokes, on the other hand....

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Think Chelsea would sell at 2.5 million 

Chelsea are notorious for selling cheap with a set buy back clause, I'd imagine it'd be the same here. If Solanke to Liverpool was worth something close to £10 Mill I can see Palmer being anymore than £5 mill

Midfield diamond of 

Huddlestone

Palmer                                 Thorne/Mount

Lawrence

Abraham                   Marriott

Would love him back IF fully fit. I read he only started 2 games out of 16 appearances last season. That is crazy for a player of his quality. I can only think that he was injured when we signed him as it was a proper deadline day move wasn't it so probably was coming back from injury and thrown in.

He's an exciting talent and with the right management and guidance is a serious threat. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Diamond could be an option actually if we buy attacking full backs. Lampard was arguably at his best under ancelotti’s chelsea, where they used a diamond formation

Such a risky formation which leaves you so vulnerable to counter attacks and penetration down the flanks.

Seems to work quite well in knock-out football (AC Milan in the Champions League under Ancelloti or the current Uruguay side at the World Cup) but im not sure it’s a system you can rely on over a full season. 

Could be an option as you say, due to the fact that we don’t have many wingers and a lot of central midfielders, but we’ll see...

I think many are getting a bit carried away with Palmer. He showed glimpses of class last season but plenty of naivety also. Very much a work in progress.

I just get a sense of the new scapegoat if this deal comes off but of course hope I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Such a risky formation which leaves you so vulnerable to counter attacks and penetration down the flanks.

Seems to work quite well in knock-out football (AC Milan in the Champions League under Ancelloti or the current Uruguay side at the World Cup) but im not sure it’s a system you can rely on over a full season. 

Could be an option as you say, due to the fact that we don’t have many wingers and a lot of central midfielders, but we’ll see...

Perhaps not over the whole season like in the championship but Real Madrid found the right balance of switching between 4-3-3 and the diamond so it can certainly be effective if used properly. 4-3-3 for counter attacking and the diamond for control depending on the opposition, the full backs providing the width. As you say though it requires a lot of hard work from the centre midfielders to prevent counter attacks and it’s a very hard formation to perfect.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think many are getting a bit carried away with Palmer. He showed glimpses of class last season but plenty of naivety also. Very much a work in progress.

I just get a sense of the new scapegoat if this deal comes off but of course hope I’m wrong. 

We can't judge Palmer on anything, he wasn't played enough or on a continuous basis. Maybe the lad needed 4-5 games that he started which would have let him settle.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Play Keogh in midfield - kill two birds with one stone.

Archived