Inside info

admira

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2018 at 01:42, Parsnip said:

This is going back a few years but me and a few mates were at the All Tomorrows Parties festival down in Hastings and we got talking to some girls who told us they were a band called Snow Patrol who were playing the next night. We bought them drinks, took them back to our room (it was at pontins), let them drink all our booze and smoke all our fags. 

Anyway we turned up next day to the Snow Patrol gig to find out it was a group of lads! Never saw them chicks again.

Did this DCFC employee have red hair and a cheeky smile?

Are you sure they were girls?

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

What about all the times he gave the ball away, committed needless fouls and got tired all within the space of his 449 minutes?

Tired? I mean, for one Two Shots repeatedly claimed he was never fit for us but even so, it was always him dropping deep and trying to get us playing during the slide…

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I said as a joke that Rowett was not playing him so we could sign him cheap in the summer. For the life of me it was the only reason I could think of. 

Supremely talented footballer, literally never had a bad game and almost always had an impact when he came on. 

I like the fact he's fiery, will put his foot in and ruffle feathers. I'd be very happy to get him back.

Did he really impact games? 

Goals and assists impact games and I don't remember too many of them. 

Sure he's a flair player who gets people of their seats but for me it always looked like he was trying too hard to impress.

Strange that you often talk down the impact of the leagues leading scorer yet lavish praise on someone with less impact but a few tricks up his sleeve.

If Ince had tried half the stuff Palmer had tried last season he would be getting ripped to shreds yet because this guy comes from Chelsea it seemed more acceptable. 

Would not be against him coming back, feel we may say a better player if he was given a proper run in the team. 

30 minutes ago, needles said:

Seems to have legs this Kasey Palmer thing. I thought he was disappointing, but in a side that didn't really suit him and only playing him in spells. 

Could be useful with the right players and style around him. There's a player in there.

I was also a bit disappointed with him, undoubtedly, he's got a lot to offer, but too many times he seemed to go off on his own with his head down not looking around for team mates. Also seemed to easily get wound up by canny opposition players. 

That said, these things can be overcome with experience. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I said as a joke that Rowett was not playing him so we could sign him cheap in the summer. For the life of me it was the only reason I could think of. 

Supremely talented footballer, literally never had a bad game and almost always had an impact when he came on. 

I like the fact he's fiery, will put his foot in and ruffle feathers. I'd be very happy to get him back.

Absolutely. This ^. KP is precisely the caliber of player we need. Would be delighted to see him here AND played. What on Earth was Rowett doing?!!! 

3 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

I always wonder about these Chelsea loanees, do you think that Chelsea ever see them in their plans?

Seems no matter how well they do elsewhere, they never end up in the first team...

Pretty sure they don't, but make a good business flogging the likes of Bamford and getting big loan fees in. Plus, it means the next genuine world class youngster has less chance of being somewhere else ( ditto the man u academy)

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sure he's a flair player who gets people of their seats but for me it always looked like he was trying too hard to impress.

Strange that you often talk down the impact of the leagues leading scorer yet lavish praise on someone with less impact but a few tricks up his sleeve.

If Ince had tried half the stuff Palmer had tried last season he would be getting ripped to shreds yet because this guy comes from Chelsea it seemed more acceptable. 

Would not be against him coming back, feel we may say a better player if he was given a proper run in the team. 

Only started twice and played just a total of 449 minutes, managing two goals and two assists; so that’s a goal or an assist every 112 minutes. Looked to be just about the only player trying to grab games by the scruff of the neck in the slide. 

The point about Ince is more of a reflection on people’s unfair attitude towards him than anything to do with Chelsea.

19 minutes ago, cannable said:

Only started twice and played just a total of 449 minutes, managing two goals and two assists; so that’s a goal or an assist every 112 minutes. Looked to be just about the only player trying to grab games by the scruff of the neck in the slide. 

The point about Ince is more of a reflection on people’s unfair attitude towards him than anything to do with Chelsea.

He was just not the player Rowett wanted or needed, but, he is a good player, no doubt and I'd love him back, if he plays.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What stuff do you mean?

Palmer suits the No. 10 role as it's traditionally played. The No. 10 role suited Vydra as we played it.

Rowett took the idea of intelligent attacking team play in the opposition's half and threw it in the bin in favour of Huddlestone's quarterback passes down the wing for Weimann/Nugent/Jerome/whoever to get on the end of before cutting it back for Vydra in space. This suited Vydra as it removed some of the responsibilities you'd have in that role if you were a possession based team and allowed him to focus on being the clinical finisher we know he is. However his overall play as a No. 10 was often found wanting.

Palmer is a 'proper' No. 10,  but we often saw him employed too deep (stood next to Huddlestone) or out wide. Even from a deeper position though he did the one thing that none of our other central midfielders are capable of - he ran at players through the middle with the ball at his feet! Heaven forbid!

When played further forward he was always looking to play the incisive through-ball, he wanted to make things happen not by being selfish but by playing others in. I remember some lovely weighted passes to other players who simply hadn't read what he was going to do. He's exactly the sort of player who would have excelled for us in the 2013-2015 era.

Therein lies the problem with Rowettball though- if the focus in training was reflected in the way the team was set-up on the pitch then there was clearly very little time spent in getting the attacking players to build up their relationships and understanding with each other, to work on those little passing triangles to create space, knowing where their teammates will be etc. It feels like the only off the ball runs we ever really worked on were those down the wing.

I can't think of a suitable ending to this post, so this sentence will just have to do.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Can't see us signing Palmer. 

Didn't do enough for me and a new coach will have his own ideas.

Palmer was second choice for Rowett, both when he signed him and once he was available

Says more about Rowetts judgement than Palmers ability don't know why he loaned him .

26 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Loaning Palmer for a few months, coming back from reasonably bad injury, used in bits and pieces and in multiple positions...remind anyone of Lingard? He's turned out ok 

Trying to keep away from the forum while the WC is on and nothing’s really happening DCFC wise, but to be honest I think Lingard is the most underrated player in the England 11 at the minute. For whatever reason he never looked the part here but probably supports the idea that if you can reap the rewards from giving young players minutes on the pitch even if they don’t havrvthet it factor straight away (which brings this nicely back round to DCFC).

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nothing to do with his tricks, plus I don't think he was the type who would throw in a few needless stepovers. 

I have always gravitated towards players with ability, regardless of their form at any one point. Vydra is exactly the same player who scored 3 last season, as the one who scored 21. He's a good player, but technically he's nothing to write home about. He was afforded a 'free role' in the team and he made it work. 

My issue with Vydra is just that, his presence in the team means we have to play with a number 10. He is also a number 10 that doesn't create a great deal for other players around him. In effect, he's a striker who doesn't play on the last man or a midfielder who never sees the inside of his own half. 

Palmer, fundamentally, is a better footballer than Vydra. They're completely different players, but I mean strip back to the bare bones that Palmer has more about him (in my opinion, of course). Lawrence too. Ince more so than the rest of mentioned.

I'm concerned that we will keep Vydra and he won't replicate his form from last season. Equally, I don't expect Leon Clarke to get 19 goals again. I could be wrong, but I see Vydra as a good player that got 'lucky' somewhat with the amount of penalties he had last season - 8 or 9 in the end (scoring 7). 

OP hasn’t been online since Sunday and hasn’t made another post since making this thread. Is it possible that we’ve all been “had”, whether by the OP or by the source of the OP’s knowledge?

If it was authentic, wouldn’t have Mackworth Ram or SDSR have confirmed this? 

4 contracts being signed sounds very specific and if true would have been leaked out in the media by now.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

OP hasn’t been online since Sunday and hasn’t made another post since making this thread. Is it possible that we’ve all been “had”, whether by the OP or by the source of the OP’s knowledge?

4 contracts being signed sounds very specific and if true would have been leaked out in the media by now.

Speak for yourself mate, I took one look and thought what a crock of poo - I suspect I'm not the only one. ?

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You make a lot of assumptions.

Besides, @admira is not an every day member, but they've been around a long time and not posted owt like this before, they're pretty well respected.

Sure, whoever told them this info could be talking balls but that's for Admira to take up with them.

Doesn't really matter though does it? It gave folks the opportunity to have a discussion. It's not important whether its true or not at the end of the day.

Archived