Inside info

admira

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Coconut said:

No, I can't.

He doesn't have the drive, doesn't have the engine for it. He struggles to get about the pitch, struggles to get himself involved in games.

He was largely anonymous for us in the first few months of his career here, however a couple of goals against Hull announced his scoring capability and showed his technique. He was still on the periphery of our general play until Wassall took over the team, pushed him a little further forward and got him playing a lot closer to Martin. He played well in that role.

In the seasons after that we were almost asking him to play a box-to-box role, and he was hopeless at it.  He just doesn't have the legs. Even when McClaren came back our style of play didn't change to suit and he simply hasn't performed elsewhere either.

Nonsense. 

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I think Butterfield will play under lamps, technically a a very sound player, great passer of the ball and can grab a goal too.

I've always liked Butterfield and think some of the stick he gets is undeserved.

Hopefully he gets a clean slate and get back to his best.

You got me thinking. And yes everyone deserves a second chance. Butters was definitely ok on the ball, could pass and had a shot on him. What happened and who took the wind out of his sails ? Ok so He was never a forceful driver forward with the ball, more of an opportunist.  I think tidy and and occasionally dangerous would have been a better summary. He seemed to then morf in to a sideways none risky passer of the ball and lacked aggression and physicality without it. All this at a time when he should have been growing in strength and intelligence. Time and Lamps will tell. I am dubiously on the fence but not going to cast the  “evils” until absolutely necessary. 

3 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Honestly mate Checking Thread after Thread looking for links - Searching twitter and Google its just strange. Lampard came out and said "Everyone has a clean slate" gonna end up with Butterflied in midfield, Even though hes the type to think hes better than Mr Lampard.....

Know him personally do you?

17 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I think Butterfield will play under lamps, technically a a very sound player, great passer of the ball and can grab a goal too.

I've always liked Butterfield and think some of the stick he gets is undeserved.

Hopefully he gets a clean slate and get back to his best.

Sorry mate with the very best will in the world I couldn’t agree less 

he’s not “ a great” passer of the ball .... he’s ok

Huddlestone is a great passer of the ball.... Thorne is a good passer of the ball... Butterfield is ok tops 

for me he also lacks any sort of physical presence and in this league that gets punished if your not really good on the ball

hes neither quick or strong on the ball and is unable to eat up the ground like a young Bryson used to.

im not a huge fan of Bradley but one thing I thought he did do especially well in the last month or so of the season just was get around the pitch breaking up play, once he got it he was less clever but that’s another conversation.

butterfield just doesn’t have a lot to offer us imo 

at his best, and this isn’t a criticism or belittling it but he got “us playing” when he came on in a few games

hes get on the ball and move it quickly and efficiently which gave us some much needed control in some games that were drifting away from us.

id sit there and think that’s the player we bought, but then he’d start the following week and be utterly invisible and overrun.

id love to see him come good, as I would any player at this club but I just don’t think he’s got enough in his locker to get us where we want to be.

7 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

If Lamps can get Butterfield grinning then you'll know he's a good manager.

Butters will probably make Frank depressed.

he could make Lorraine Kelly miserable. 

8 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

If Lamps can get Butterfield grinning then you'll know he's a good manager.

image.png.5bd3ba875565ff0412727a25e3171ca0.png

I give you the rarest of all things, a smiling Jacob Butterfield. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

image.png.5bd3ba875565ff0412727a25e3171ca0.png

I give you the rarest of all things, a smiling Jacob Butterfield. 

Rumour has it if you take a picture of a smiling Butterfield you're damned to go backwards for the rest of your life. 

May God have mercy on your soul SaintRam 

If you think this is bad doctor, don’t check out the last page of the Alan Sugar thread in the pub section like I just did, ain’t got a Scooby Doo who they’re on about but I don’t think it’s the Sid James lookalike that likes telling folk they’re fired. 

Archived