Inside info

admira

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

Chances are we've done most of the ground work with who Lampard wants in, but Rowett/Stoke only announced their decisions Tuesday.

Honestly mate Checking Thread after Thread looking for links - Searching twitter and Google its just strange. Lampard came out and said "Everyone has a clean slate" gonna end up with Butterflied in midfield, Even though hes the type to think hes better than Mr Lampard.....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Honestly mate Checking Thread after Thread looking for links - Searching twitter and Google its just strange. Lampard came out and said "Everyone has a clean slate" gonna end up with Butterflied in midfield, Even though hes the type to think hes better than Mr Lampard.....

Really?

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Any Chance of us signing anyone? ? its been 3 weeks and we haven't sorted out backroom staff out yet - Pre Season starts tomorrow thought the club would of done more by now? ?

Thought Pre-Season starts Monday

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Absolutely no chance. We will be playing next season with the squad we have now (minus a few players because obviously we're about to go into administration due to FFP) and the team will be coached solely by Lampard and Morris.

Bring on Reading!

Mel Morris as striking coach.

13 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Here's one for you..

https://trainingground.guru/articles/chelsea-fitness-coach-to-become-head-of-performance-at-derby

I would be surprised to see lots of loan players from Chelsea or anyone else. The club keeps talking up the academy for years and the players are not getting a chance to come through. Even FL has spoke about us having a good academy. Didn't we have the highest average age last season?

28 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

If Lamps can re-find the Butterfield we thought we were signing instead of the crab-like player he evolved into, I'll be happy to see him in the team.....

11 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If Lamps can re-find the Butterfield we thought we were signing instead of the crab-like player he evolved into, I'll be happy to see him in the team.....

Exactly,if lamps can get any player working that hasn't previously then what's not to like esp if it saves us shelling out for a replacement,plus it increases their value on the market.

After his disastrous time here, his awful loan spell and what he said about Rowett's style before it, there was no-one happier at the news of the managerial change than Jacob Butterfield.

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

After his disastrous time here, his awful loan spell and what he said about Rowett's style before it, there was no-one happier at the news of the managerial change than Jacob Butterfield.

No, I still think some posters were happier than butters. I don't know if they were foot nibblingly happy, mind.

I think Butterfield will play under lamps, technically a a very sound player, great passer of the ball and can grab a goal too.

I've always liked Butterfield and think some of the stick he gets is undeserved.

Hopefully he gets a clean slate and get back to his best.

49 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

images.jpeg

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can you imagine if he becomes Jake Butt-pard the all action goal scoring midfield driving force?

No, I can't.

He doesn't have the drive, doesn't have the engine for it. He struggles to get about the pitch, struggles to get himself involved in games.

He was largely anonymous for us in the first few months of his career here, however a couple of goals against Hull announced his scoring capability and showed his technique. He was still on the periphery of our general play until Wassall took over the team, pushed him a little further forward and got him playing a lot closer to Martin. He played well in that role.

In the seasons after that we were almost asking him to play a box-to-box role, and he was hopeless at it.  He just doesn't have the legs. Even when McClaren came back our style of play didn't change to suit and he simply hasn't performed elsewhere either.

Archived