Inside info

admira

7 minutes ago, Saity said:

The difference is Lampard hasn’t met any of the squad yet 

How would you feel if your new boss walked in and said nice to meet you and here’s 4 new people who might take your place ...even if he thought it ...assess and meet the players and then introduce new players would probably be better....just saying...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Saity said:

How would you feel if your new boss walked in and said nice to meet you and here’s 4 new people who might take your place ...even if he thought it ...assess and meet the players and then introduce new players would probably be better....just saying...

Football isn't quite the same.

If I was a Derby player right now, and I turned up for pre-season. Met Lampard and Morris for the first time and was introduced to four loans who "would probably be better" than me, I would recognize that this is football and I clearly need to step the duck up or I'm going to get shipped out. I wouldn't worry about where my next wage is coming from, either. Every player we have would find another team.

There's just no real time to do a full review of the squad before signing new players. The transfer window is too short once pre-season training starts.

Lampard said in the pre-season interview, "I've not spoken to all of them, I've met some of them..." (the ones who are in for fitness stuff) and "I've spoken to some on the phone...". I would put money on it that those phone calls were not saying things like "Just to let you know your position in the squad is safe as houses." 

He will have prepared the players who need to be prepared. He's not an idiot. 

It would be quite remarkable if Lampard suddenly announces four loan signings at once. If not simply for how well he's been able to keep the names under-wraps. 

Can't see it myself, but would love it to be true. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

If I was a Derby player right now, and I turned up for pre-season. Met Lampard and Morris for the first time and was introduced to four loans who "would probably be better" than me, I would recognize that this is football and I clearly need to step the duck up or I'm going to get shipped out. I wouldn't worry about where my next wage is coming from, either. Every player we have would find another team.

There's just no real time to do a full review of the squad before signing new players. The transfer window is too short once pre-season training starts.

Lampard said in the pre-season interview, "I've not spoken to all of them, I've met some of them..." (the ones who are in for fitness stuff) and "I've spoken to some on the phone...". I would put money on it that those phone calls were not saying things like "Just to let you know your position in the squad is safe as houses." 

He’s only spoke to a few on the phone and although football is football and of course it’s different there’s a right way and wrong way to do anything and as a recent player would probably see it more from the players point of view than a cut throat manager ...just my view ..

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

It would be quite remarkable if Lampard suddenly announces four loan signings at once. If not simply for how well he's been able to keep the names under-wraps. 

Can't see it myself, but would love it to be true. 

That is the most logical argument for the whole OP being untrue. 

During his original press conference didnt Lampard say he had some players in mind of who he would like to bring in?

Both him & Morris will know who at Chelsea they would like. I would also think Morris will know a lot about youngsters at other clubs, including our own that could make the step up to our first team so a possible 4 loans is a possibility.

I would also expect Lampard to have watched last season's games to give him an idea of what he would like to improve but tactically and players wise so I don't think not meeting the squad is that much of an issue just yet.

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

And yeah you’re right he’s not an idiot and won’t want to piss people off before meeting them properly ...first impressions count ....and if true why have none been announced unless Lampard doesn’t want anyone to know 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

During his original press conference didnt Lampard say he had some players in mind of who he would like to bring in?

Both him & Morris will know who at Chelsea they would like. I would also think Morris will know a lot about youngsters at other clubs, including our own that could make the step up to our first team so a possible 4 loans is a possibility.

I would also expect Lampard to have watched last season's games to give him an idea of what he would like to improve but tactically and players wise so I don't think not meeting the squad is that much of an issue just yet.

I agree with your post but still think he’s want to meet the players first before changes even if he has ideas of who needs to go  already 

18 minutes ago, Saity said:

I agree with your post but still think he’s want to meet the players first before changes even if he has ideas of who needs to go  already 

Yeh i agree that he would probably want to deliver the news face to face, but I dont think that would stop possible loans being agreed.

It’s worth bearing in mind that Chelsea are all over the place just now with roman visa issues , there is real uncertainty around their manager and no real transfer activity inwards either so to believe that deals have been done on the hurry up for loan players to derby is perhaps not too realistic 

1 minute ago, archied said:

It’s worth bearing in mind that Chelsea are all over the place just now with roman visa issues , there is real uncertainty around their manager and no real transfer activity inwards either so to believe that deals have been done on the hurry up for loan players to derby is perhaps not too realistic 

While that is true, tis Neil Bath that organises all the loans etc. 

The academy at Chelsea runs pretty independently of the first team due to its size. That's one of the main reasons why so few youths get chances at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

This:

Palmer's major problem was he was a flair, creative attacking talent - Which always comes with a chance of losing the ball - Rowett much preferred his players hard working and not ball-losing - It's why he couldn't get the best out of Lawrence - Someone needs to fill that lad full of confidence and then just send him out on to the pitch to do whatever he wants

Guy who works in the shop? Or a legit role? (won't ask what role)

Sounds very positive though

It says he checked his name on the club website so must be in a role senior enough to be listed.

11 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

It says he checked his name on the club website so must be in a role senior enough to be listed.

After last season's performances I would have thought we'd be throwing whatever content on there we can to hide the videos of the games... Waiting to see the two-part interview with a silent Rammie and the in depth profiles of the part-time catering staff...

15 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

After last season's performances I would have thought we'd be throwing whatever content on there we can to hide the videos of the games... Waiting to see the two-part interview with a silent Rammie and the in depth profiles of the part-time catering staff...

I've got no doubt that @admira has posted what he's been told in good faith.

That doesn't make it true however, and seeing as the club monitor this forum I'm not sure it was wise to say he'd checked the source's profile on the OS.

I'm sure those pages receive very few visitors relatively to most of the site, so it would be quite easy for the club to narrow down a mole hunt based on recent page visitors.

That's why I repeatedly clicked on the pages for Kevin Phillips, Rory Delap and Mark Sale after reading, to muddy the waters.

Sorry boys, enjoy Snake City.

Just now, Edtheram said:

Any Chance of us signing anyone? ? its been 3 weeks and we haven't sorted out backroom staff out yet - Pre Season starts tomorrow thought the club would of done more by now? ?

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.

Chances are we've done most of the ground work with who Lampard wants in, but Rowett/Stoke only announced their decisions Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Any Chance of us signing anyone? ? its been 3 weeks and we haven't sorted out backroom staff out yet - Pre Season starts tomorrow thought the club would of done more by now? ?

Absolutely no chance. We will be playing next season with the squad we have now (minus a few players because obviously we're about to go into administration due to FFP) and the team will be coached solely by Lampard and Morris.

Bring on Reading!

Archived