Inside info

admira

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I really hope it's all true and we've signed 4 really good exciting loans. 

Don't understand why we'd sign 4 players and not announce it though? 

It's possible that agreements have been signed, but contracts have not. The latter, as Boycie says, could be waiting for some FFP reason.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Think ramblur mentioned next year we would struggle with FFP. So I wonder whether we are on the mark for this year and we are waiting to do business after July 1st. That’s a wild guess but as good as any!

Also sounds very sensible 

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Think ramblur mentioned next year we would struggle with FFP. So I wonder whether we are on the mark for this year and we are waiting to do business after July 1st. That’s a wild guess but as good as any!

From an accounting perspective, I'm not sure that the date we announce a deal makes a great deal of difference....

8 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

From an accounting perspective, I'm not sure that the date we announce a deal makes a great deal of difference....

You can sign agreements before said date (which have no financial bearing), then sign contracts on that date. Then announcements follow.

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Without knowing the ins and outs I'd guess for ffp purposes the deal is counted when it is officially 'signed' in the same way that a the fee from a loan to perm is counted at the end of the loan. 

Prime example is with Forest at the moment, they've signed three very expensive players but only paid for one. The other twos cost will be at the end of next season when they 'officially' become permanent signings. 

17 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

The other twos cost will be at the end of next season when they 'officially' become permanent signings. 

Correct, though I think those only become permanent if they get promoted (yeah I know...as if...guffaw!)

Also would Frank come back and on first day of meeting the players  say...oh by the way I’ve signed 4 of the Chelsea youth team ..that would surely make the players feel differently to if....Frank meets them has an assessment then signs them ...walking in with 4 Chelsea loanees might not be the way to do it 

14 minutes ago, Saity said:

Also would Frank come back and on first day of meeting the players  say...oh by the way I’ve signed 4 of the Chelsea youth team ..that would surely make the players feel differently to if....Frank meets them has an assessment then signs them ...walking in with 4 Chelsea loanees might not be the way to do it 

What's the difference with that and the teams who've signed a bunch of players before pre-season starts?

On 26/06/2018 at 11:57, Anag Ram said:

Can't see us signing Palmer. 

Didn't do enough for me and a new coach will have his own ideas.

Palmer was second choice for Rowett, both when he signed him and once he was available. 

This:

22 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Says more about Rowetts judgement than Palmers ability don't know why he loaned him .

Palmer's major problem was he was a flair, creative attacking talent - Which always comes with a chance of losing the ball - Rowett much preferred his players hard working and not ball-losing - It's why he couldn't get the best out of Lawrence - Someone needs to fill that lad full of confidence and then just send him out on to the pitch to do whatever he wants

On 23/06/2018 at 11:36, admira said:

I’ve just met a DCFC employee and had a long chat. I looked them up on the club website afterwards and can confirm the name is correct. I’m not going to reveal it for obvious reasons  

Guy who works in the shop? Or a legit role? (won't ask what role)

Sounds very positive though

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

What's the difference with that and the teams who've signed a bunch of players before pre-season starts?

The difference is Lampard hasn’t met any of the squad yet 

Just now, Saity said:

The difference is Lampard hasn’t met any of the squad yet 

There also isn't the time to review the squad that there has been in the past. The transfer window closes before the season starts. There's no opportunity to see any of the players in a competitive game in his system and still be able to ship them out. He will have to show more reliance in the footage of their performances over previous seasons than other managers have had to. By that notion, he probably already has a good idea of who's surplus to requirements in his mind.

He knows he needs to cull the squad, the players know that's his remit too. I'd hope they were able to be more professional about meeting new signings as well as a new manager.

If he and Jody Morris are aware of four youth players they are certain will be good players at this level, its a bit of a no-brainer to bring them in early, not only will it benefit having them training for the maximum amount of time, it will be far easier to identify which players are surplus to requirements if you have a full contingent in place already. If there are two players of the same position who have a maybe next to their name, but one of them starts playing really well with one of the new signings, then that player will probably be kept over the other. If you don't bring the new players in, you don't get that opportunity.

Archived