Inside info

admira

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I could be wrong, but I see Vydra as a good player that got 'lucky' somewhat with the amount of penalties he had last season - 8 or 9 in the end (scoring 7). 

He won six of the seven he scored, to be fair 

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You make a lot of assumptions.

Besides, @admira is not an every day member, but they've been around a long time and not posted owt like this before, they're pretty well respected.

Sure, whoever told them this info could be talking balls but that's for Admira to take up with them.

Doesn't really matter though does it? It gave folks the opportunity to have a discussion. It's not important whether its true or not at the end of the day.

Of course it matters because many people, including members and lurkers may view this thread and get excited for no reason. I understand that the OP may have other commitments so may not be able to use the forum but at least have the decency to respond to people’s questions if they are going to make this thread, as they have been online since making the thread. That’s just my view. If Admira is right then I take it all back and apologies to him/her.

7 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Speak for yourself mate, I took one look and thought what a crock of poo - I suspect I'm not the only one. ?

That’s fair but a lot of people have chosen to believe it. I find it very odd that an employee would tell a person all of this info, what happened to confidentiality. If this is genuine then the OP’s source would be in a lot of trouble and would potentially suffer severe consequences.

If it’s true then I take it back Admira but my faith in transfer forum ITKs apart from a select few is somewhat sceptical after German CB gate and the same person saying that Ighalo was coming to Derby. 

I particularly worry about the consequences for the person you spoke too though, especially as it appears that you didn’t know personally know the person by the fact that you had to check them out afterwards. It makes me wonder how many other people they have told.

34 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That’s fair but a lot of people have chosen to believe it. I find it very odd that an employee would tell a person all of this info, what happened to confidentiality. If this is genuine then the OP’s source would be in a lot of trouble and would potentially suffer severe consequences.

I wouldn't necessarily question the poster but why would one employee know all this unless they were a very senior employee with access to a lot of information? They could have been fed a line.

1 minute ago, ShoreRam said:

I wouldn't question the necessarily question the poster but why would one employee know all this unless they were a very senior employee with access to a lot of information?

But being senior why would they jeopardise that position by passing on sensitive information?

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

But being senior why would they jeopardise that position by passing on sensitive information?

They probably wouldn't but a more junior member of staff may be posing as better informed than they really are. Maybe.

41 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Of course it matters because many people, including members and lurkers may view this thread and get excited for no reason. I understand that the OP may have other commitments so may not be able to use the forum but at least have the decency to respond to people’s questions if they are going to make this thread, as they have been online since making the thread. That’s just my view. If Admira is right then I take it all back and apologies to him/her.

I agree that in certain contexts people believing something that later turns out to be false is a problem,

But this is a post about potential transfer dealings for Derby County. If people have chosen to believe it their worlds will not shatter should it prove to be untrue.

"Oh well, I guess either Admira or their source were lying and/or wrong." 

And the world moves on.

It's unhealthy to overdramatasize things, you'll lose perspective.

On 24/06/2018 at 08:49, Rample said:

There is also of course the over 23 category - players on the fringe such as van Ginkel, Miazga and Hector.

Few bits of random trivia - Baker was courted by Derby as a youngster when he was at Luton before choosing Chelsea, he also made his Chelsea debut  against us.  And more pointlessly Ampadu made his Wales debut as a sub for Ledley.

I like the sound of him.

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Nothing to do with his tricks, plus I don't think he was the type who would throw in a few needless stepovers. 

I have always gravitated towards players with ability, regardless of their form at any one point. Vydra is exactly the same player who scored 3 last season, as the one who scored 21. He's a good player, but technically he's nothing to write home about. He was afforded a 'free role' in the team and he made it work. 

My issue with Vydra is just that, his presence in the team means we have to play with a number 10. He is also a number 10 that doesn't create a great deal for other players around him. In effect, he's a striker who doesn't play on the last man or a midfielder who never sees the inside of his own half. 

Palmer, fundamentally, is a better footballer than Vydra. They're completely different players, but I mean strip back to the bare bones that Palmer has more about him (in my opinion, of course). Lawrence too. Ince more so than the rest of mentioned.

I'm concerned that we will keep Vydra and he won't replicate his form from last season. Equally, I don't expect Leon Clarke to get 19 goals again. I could be wrong, but I see Vydra as a good player that got 'lucky' somewhat with the amount of penalties he had last season - 8 or 9 in the end (scoring 7). 

I really can't understand why you would have such concerns over someone that has scored 68 goals in 148 games yet put more faith in someone that has scored a total of 6 goals in his career.

Like I said, I would be happy with Palmer coming back but haven't seen anything that convinces me he would be a guaranteed success here.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I really can't understand why you would have such concerns over someone that has scored 68 goals in 148 games yet put more faith in someone that has scored a total of 6 goals in his career.

Like I said, I would be happy with Palmer coming back but haven't seen anything that convinces me he would be a guaranteed success here.

Concerns isn't the word I'd use. I don't think Palmer would score as many as Vydra, but I think if you replaced him with Vydra last season we would have had more of the ball, perhaps more creativity in the final third? I don't know. 

Sell high, buy low. Vydra's value is high at the moment, so let's wheel and deal our way to improvement. Again, I do like Vydra, in fact if he stays then I would change the formation to accomodate him, but I'd rather reinvest in the team and not have that headache - personally. 

36 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Concerns isn't the word I'd use.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I'm concerned that we will keep Vydra and he won't replicate his form from last season.

?

Other than that agree with the rest of the post, happy to sell Vydra if it strengthens the team as a whole.

Archived