Rams or England ?

Seaside Ram

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always the rams !

they never let you down, you know what your gonna get before they kick off the first game of the season.

top two by Christmas 

not top two by May !

dont need all this drama of World Cup semi finals messing with my melons man !

you Rams !

England ???????. All, day, long. Would take a World Cup won over a rams cup win or promotion every single time. And I’ve been aware of football from the 1989 at the age of 9 and a derby and England fan for the same amount of time. Just saying. Don’t quite understand why anyone would trade an England World Cup win for rams success and I love the rams. But hey, each to their own I guess. 

2 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

England ???????. All, day, long. Would take a World Cup won over a rams cup win or promotion every single time. And I’ve been aware of football from the 1989 at the age of 9 and a derby and England fan for the same amount of time. Just saying. Don’t quite understand why anyone would trade an England World Cup win for rams success and I love the rams. But hey, each to their own I guess. 

I think you need a certain level of intelligence to be able to make an informed decision. I bailed out from the DET and tried this one instead, but its really no different other than the lack of blatant abuse. 

Its very disappointing. When i joined i thought it was happy days. 

Not so. 70 % clueless. 10% even more clueless and the rest dont agree with me??

Oh and BTW.

Cut out the puns boys. 

Theyre pathetic to the extreme.

6 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Always the rams !

they never let you down, you know what your gonna get before they kick off the first game of the season.

top two by Christmas 

not top two by May !

dont need all this drama of World Cup semi finals messing with my melons man !

you Rams !

Am already over losing to Croatia. This England side has exceeded all expectations and credit is due to the manager and players but the real business starts next month.

4 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

I think you need a certain level of intelligence to be able to make an informed decision. I bailed out from the DET and tried this one instead, but its really no different other than the lack of blatant abuse. 

Oh and BTW.

Cut out the puns boys. 

Well as we know a Semi can go either way , if you concede Soft goals it's Hard to take. Now it's not Coming home after all !! ??

52 minutes ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Am already over losing to Croatia. This England side has exceeded all expectations and credit is due to the manager and players but the real business starts next month.

I was tense during the England match in a way I hadn't been since we were clinging to the lead against Norwich in about 2002, a game that effectively kept us up. But in the last 10 minutes last night I managed to say oh well it wasn't to be, Notts County on Saturday. The World Cup escapade has definitely whetted my appetite for the season, can't wait to see what Frankie boy puts out.

9 hours ago, superzak said:

Rams everytime, England well what can you say about that bunch thats polite, total losers

Only a 'loser' could watch them young lads play their hearts out and take nothing from it. There's a difference between not being good enough and being a loser. Sorry to say it, but your post does you no credit at all.

10 hours ago, superzak said:

Rams everytime, England well what can you say about that bunch thats polite, total losers

Well what I can say is that a young exciting united squad that had the nation in raptures just ran out of steam at the death but will come again, as opposed to the overpaid perennial losers wearing Rams shirts who have failed us for the last 4 years, most of whom will never play for their country and most of whom are still on our books.

For me it isn’t even a question - England, my country, every time. 

27 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Only a 'loser' could watch them young lads play their hearts out and take nothing from it. There's a difference between not being good enough and being a loser. Sorry to say it, but your post does you no credit at all.

over reaction i agree with the help of a few sherbets lol...but i also think Croatia were the first team of any quality that England faced in the tounament and after trippier scored they reverted to type...sat back and played as if they were already in the final. Was Harry Kane on the pitch?

54 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well what I can say is that a young exciting united squad that had the nation in raptures just ran out of steam at the death but will come again, as opposed to the overpaid perennial losers wearing Rams shirts who have failed us for the last 4 years, most of whom will never play for their country and most of whom are still on our books.

Why follow Derby at all then? Quite a damning statement on the club you support.

I don't understand why people can't have a preference for one without destroying the other, chances are this England team will not win the World Cup in 4 years time, or the next, will they be perennial losers? I mean we have to go back to 1966 since we last won it,  Derby have been the Champions of England twice since then. 

We're in the second tier of English football with a large number of English players, of course they are not going to play for their country given the players we have available to pick from for the national team?

If we forget those that have played for England though in Carson, Huddlestone and Nugent, those that are not English: Lawrence and Ledley, Wales internationals, Vydra recently called up to the Czech Republic squad, Martin Scottish international.

We have quite a few that are also representing their countries at U21 and below levels.

All of whom are on our books.

Don't get me started on overpaid, Jesse Lingard on a reported 100k pw at Man Utd doing his dabs. Not exactly a peasant is he.

7 hours ago, Charlie Dram said:

Oh and BTW.

Cut out the puns boys. 

And you wonder why people disagree with you ?

46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Expectations need reigning in.

Firstly, if we are losing £23-24m per annum (prior to sales) and the max ffp annual loss is £13m then we need to cut £10m off the wage bill.

secondly, whilst wages are still high the overspend has to be funded from mel or sales or both.

so why do folk expect that we should be spending / strengthening??

We can't even afford loans.

Even with shackell, baird and bent going out, nothing can come in unless there are some more going out first.

We might be able to afford some low scale transfers or loans but you are correct about mad spending which I don’t expect to see but we have players who have returned from loan who have enhanced the squad and remember they were good enough for someone else to want them and our new manager has to see them properly and see if he is going to want to use them like everyone so our pre season games will become very important as will our initial league games up until the loan window shuts

3 hours ago, Jayram said:

So, England find themselves in a great position but fail due to "running out of steam" whereas Derby, find themselves in a great position but fail due to being "overpaid perennial losers". 

I'm patriotic and have enjoyed England's run in the world cup, I would have loved them to have won it but, let's not kid ourselves. We didn't score that many goals from open play, Kane will only win the golden boot because he scored three penalties and another went in off his heel and we really were lucky with the draw. Croatia were the first decent team (if you exclude the dead rubber game against Belgium) we'd come up against and, whilst England certainly missed some good chances in the first half, from half time we were pretty much just hanging on as Croatia ran the show and ended up as very much deserved winners.

I don't want to take anything away from the team, they've done a pretty good job for an unfancied team, but England only had the nation in raptures because they were progressing further into the competition than we'd seen for a very long time rather than impressive results against top teams. 

My emotional attachment to the Rams is much stronger than it is to the England team so, it's Derby every day of the week for me.

I haven't really supported England for years, mostly because I saw no reason to. I was brought up on following England meaning racism, hooliganism and nastiness at every turn, watching players who for the large part didn't really look bothered. So I have no affinity with the England team other than I am English and they are representing England. 

This World Cup has given us a team that is far easier to connect with, and for the first time since Italia 90 we have a team who have shown real desire and pride. In Southgate we have a manager with morals and class, someone you can respect.

I've watched England this WC with little emotion, but hopefully that will change now we seem to have a setup that is more readily identifiable with. I don't think we're very good and we've been pretty dull to watch, but now they've had that experience as a young team they should improve. 

As for Derby, the fact this week I've been looking forward to a pre-season friendly at Notts County more than a World Cup semi-final tells you everything I suppose. Can't wait for the season to start.

Simple, I am not English so the Rams all the way. My country is in the WC final on Sunday, so the question is motherland or The Rams...It took me days to recover from QPR at Wembley, whereas when we lost to Italy in the 2006 WC final on penalties I was fine the following day.

I'd pass on a second star to see the Rams win the  FA cup or a Premier league title a la Leicester. One day...

Interesting question. I'm a patriot and have lived the dream these last few weeks but although I was gutted we lost I never thought we'd win it and have got over it very quickly. Would I rather England won the world cup than Derby say win the Championship? Yes absolutely..it's my country. BUT I do feel each Derby loss more that an England loss....losing the Leicester and QPR play off finals practically reduced me to tears and took me ages to get over. I've never had that with an England loss (well apart maybe from the Germany penalty losses in 1990 & 1996). 

Archived