Rams or England ?

Seaside Ram

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

So you're more bothered about the FA cup than the league ? Doesn't make sense.

So what if the last time we went up we did crap. The only thing that is still around from those days are us as fans and Pride Park. It's like saying don't try and get that dream job because you might fail at it, instead stay cleaning the CEO's office. I want Derby in the Premier league

Of course it does. A trophy is so much more prestigious. At the end of the day, for all our claims to be a big club, we've won 3 trophies. Nobody cares how many times we got promoted to the Premier League, winning is everything, just being in the Premier League means nothing to me. Promotion is remember for a few years, trophies aren't forgotten. A second FA cup would mean 10 x more to me than promotion ever would. It's not even close. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I can't be 100% sure with a board like this, but broadly speaking copyright laws don't apply on social media.

I had a 2 year battle with Getty Images demanding money off me for using copyrighted images on my blog.

Sharing is fine, but once you download and then use on anything that can be seen as 'for profit' you're open to be sued. 

Getty Images are buggers for going after people. I used to avoid them like the plague when I used to do our company website.

On 19/06/2018 at 08:53, Doodle said:

England for me. As great as an FA Cup win for Derby would be for us and the city in general. A World Cup win would give the whole country a massive lift, at a time of uncertainty. Plus the added bonus of being able to show Jimmy Crankie, her government and the rest of Scotland what we’ve won. 

you speak far to much common sense for this site

5 hours ago, Andicis said:

Of course it does. A trophy is so much more prestigious. At the end of the day, for all our claims to be a big club, we've won 3 trophies. Nobody cares how many times we got promoted to the Premier League, winning is everything, just being in the Premier League means nothing to me. Promotion is remember for a few years, trophies aren't forgotten. A second FA cup would mean 10 x more to me than promotion ever would. It's not even close. 

100% agree.

Yes I want to be in the EPL, but only because it (theoretically) gives us more chance of winning something!

I'd ALMOST rather be in the championship pressing for promotion than being one of those teams that floats between 7th and 14th in the EPL ad infinitum like Everton.

And I mention them because a good friend is a fan and he has had a 'highs and lows' bypass operation which is what makes football so awesome.

On 19/06/2018 at 07:02, Woodley Ram said:

World Cup but a stupid question @Seaside Ram would you pick saving  your dog ? or your ?

Would kick several cats out of the way to save a dog.

As for club vs country.  Can't make up mind really, just as well they never play in the same tournaments.

Really surprised how much fans in this country have fallen out of love/care for England. 20 years ago, doubt results would have been the same in this poll.

Im derby through and through but I would pick Iran to even qualify from their group stage , even if it meant derby got relegated!

On 19/06/2018 at 13:00, Coconut said:

Derby are we, England are they.

I feel absolutely no affinity towards England, or really for that matter being English. It means duck all to me, it's just where I happen to have been born along with 50 million other people. So what? Being English is such a broad definition, it's not really something I consider an identity.

giphy.gif

Archived