Rams or England ?

Seaside Ram

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Total cop out mate!

Who gives a flying duck about the 3rd and 4th position play off.

The Notts County game has more significance to see the team Frank turns out.

But what if England playing in the final versus derby's opening game?

I'd chop of my left testicle to see England win the World Cup.

And then I'd eat it if Derby got promoted too.

I'd need it slow cooked in a red wine jus and served over a bed of wilted greens with some moroccan couscous, but I'd still eat the ducker.

Pussy. 

Eat it raw, and the only jus is naturally produced, then it would mean something!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England to win the World Cup for the second time in my lifetime (68 years).

Although I wasn't born in 1946 when the Rams won their only FA Cup I agree with Cloughie that to win the League (twice!) in the space of three years is a much greater achievement!

Mind you, I'd love Frank to manage an FA Cup winning Rams team!

7 hours ago, richinspain said:

But the OP states an FA Cup win, not promotion. I’m 55. In my lifetime we’ve reached the semifinals once. Our one and only FA Cup win was in 1946, which was also our last final. Even though the World Cup only comes around every 4 years England ‘s win was more recent and the next one will probably come before Derby’s next Cup win(??for next Sunday). Realistically the FA Cup and League Cup are our real possibilities of domestic success in the near future, and if past success is anything to go by very slim chance at best. For me, DCFC without a shadow of a doubt. I hope England bring it home but I would still choose the Rams every single time and with no guilty feelings.

You're spot on Rich. The OP does indeed state FA Cup. My error.

Loved it as a boy. Monday lunch time at school waiting for the draw. Final day with the 'its a knockout' etc. Almost the only live match we saw on TV. 

But then because of the money involved in the league we saw managers start to treat it less seriously and this increased to such a degree that I no longer go to FA Cup matches.

Cant remember the last one I went to, or was even bothered about.

Afraid the love for the competition has been sucked away by the premier league leeches.

So, to sum up. If its FA Cup or World Cup I'm even more England than i thought.

???

45 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

England to win the World Cup for the second time in my lifetime (68 years).

Although I wasn't born in 1946 when the Rams won their only FA Cup I agree with Cloughie that to win the League (twice!) in the space of three years is a much greater achievement!

Mind you, I'd love Frank to manage an FA Cup winning Rams team!

So you're of an age when playing in the FA Cup final was a real event.

Wall-to-wall coverage on ITV and BBC all day, cameras on the team bus, tickets going for a fortune and the entire country watching.

Possibly the worst ever loss for me as a Derby fan was at Hillsborough on April 3rd 1976. And no, I didn't need to look up that date, it's etched on my ducking mind.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

You're spot on Rich. The OP does indeed state FA Cup. My error.

Loved it as a boy. Monday lunch time at school waiting for the draw. Final day with the 'its a knockout' etc. Almost the only live match we saw on TV. 

But then because of the money involved in the league we saw managers start to treat it less seriously and this increased to such a degree that I no longer go to FA Cup matches.

Cant remember the last one I went to, or was even bothered about.

Afraid the love for the competition has been sucked away by the premier league leeches.

So, to sum up. If its FA Cup or World Cup I'm even more England than i thought.

???

Can you remember hoping for Palace or Southampton and getting Man Utd?

4 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Can you remember hoping for Palace or Southampton and getting Man Utd?

Was only 8 so I only have a faded memory of it. Remember my Dad not talking for 2 days after we lost tho.???

On 9 July 2018 at 07:10, IlsonDerby said:

In 2014 I'd have lent towards Derby. Now I lean towards England. I guess its how likable a team is that is important to me. I want to watch a likable bunch of players have success. 

I hear what you're saying and not meaning to doubt your sentiment but I wonder if you'd still feel the same if Derby were in the FA cup semi-final or potentially on the verge of automatic promotion and England weren't playing in any tournament.

England for me.  Simply because it might make the country smile for a few months.  Nobody would give a toss about Derby winning the Premier League outside of Derby after a couple of months.  Look at Leicester getting poo from their own fans when they were mid table after 4 games the following season.  The embedded entitlement within our fan base would make that kind of situation unbearable.  NO THANKS!!!

One things for sure, either one would result in me going on the biggest bender of my life and being AWOL from home/work for days...

On 09/07/2018 at 07:18, Seaside Ram said:

The morons in Nottingham re-affirm my original thoughts, I'll be happy when this World cup is over . Makes you really want to go to a bar and have some prat lob a beer over you and shout  In-ger-lund !!! 

Doesn't this literally happen at every well attended Derby away game? 

Don't let that get in the way of tarring us all with the same brush though! 

Archived