Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

After watching that today. Painfully obvious we need a striker. 

Also a RB if Wisdom is gonna be centre half. Keogh is finished here. 

Him and Pearce were dreadful tonight 

Give over. Are we going to do this once again? Write Keogh off and then come 4 or 5 months into the season be like, "oh, I said we should sell Keogh but he's proven me wrong again." A poor half during pre-season isn't enough to suggest a player is finished here. If it was, you'd have been on here on Saturday saying Davies is finished here, because he was shocking against Notts County 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Totally agree regarding Keogh. I really hope Lampard noticed how utterly poor his positioning was for the final goal. Wisdom at CB with Davies for me. 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Give over. Are we going to do this once again? Write Keogh off and then come 4 or 5 months into the season be like, "oh, I said we should sell Keogh but he's proven me wrong again." A poor half during pre-season isn't enough to suggest a player is finished here. If it was, you'd have been on here on Saturday saying Davies is finished here, because he was shocking against Notts County 

Keogh has been finished here for 2 seasons mate. Not just based on a pre season friendly. 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Davies has been the worst CB in the 2 friendlies so let's give him the elbow as well while we're at it

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Its incredible how often he's written off, despise being phenomenal all of last season. 

I actually thought Keogh was the reason it wasn't 5-6 to Mansfield tonight. Pearce & Bogle were all over the place. I'd have to watch the goals again, but it's Pearce fails to stop the pass for the third & Bogle brings down the lad for the second. Pearce & Roos, obviously, at fault for the first. 

Not exactly sure what Keogh could do? 

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Went to game tonight. Worse Stag night ever. The size of the task has been made clear to Frank. Keogh had a nightmare, looked like he was playing for a move. 

Carson, Davies, Thomas, Lowe, Bogle, Bennett, Bryson, Huddlestone all did well. 

News flash -  Do not watch this match as it is a euphoria buster. I warned you. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I actually thought Keogh was the reason it wasn't 5-6 to Mansfield tonight. Pearce & Bogle were all over the place. I'd have to watch the goals again, but it's Pearce fails to stop the pass for the third & Bogle brings down the lad for the second. Pearce & Roos, obviously, at fault for the first. 

Not exactly sure what Keogh could do? 

They were through 1 on 1 thanks to yet another misplaced pass (not sure who from) and he charged back and managed to make a last ditch tackle

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Its incredible how often he's written off, despise being phenomenal all of last season. 

I agree that he was in many games, but all? He also had some absolute shockers last season and lost the captaincy. 

He always has an excellent start to the season, but goes missing in our annual meltdown.

If we ever kept a manager for longer than a season, I think he would have been moved on.

I will be delighted if I am proved wrong though! 

Keogh has the attitude you always would want. Loves the club and ok it's not always been plain sailing but he has been a great servant. 

He is a scapegoat for some and it seems like any mistake he makes is magnified. Davies for example could never do wrong.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

They were through 1 on 1 thanks to yet another misplaced pass (not sure who from) and he charged back and managed to make a last ditch tackle

Had Bogle not have gone into the back of their player, it seemed likely that Keogh could have actually stopped their 2nd. He got back and covered well, only to find a player at his feet instead of the ball. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I agree that he was in many games, but all? He also had some absolute shockers last season and lost the captaincy. 

He always has an excellent start to the season, but goes missing in our annual meltdown.

If we ever kept a manager for longer than a season, I think he would have been moved on.

I will be delighted if I am proved wrong though! 

Name me 1 player that phenomenal in every single game in a season. 

Defender does worse when the team concedes more chances, in other news water is wet. We do poorly because the team is doing poorly and allowing the opposition more chances. It's a team effort, that isn't down to Keogh. 

Couldn't disagree more. Most of the managers we've had have seen the value of Keogh.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Had Bogle not have gone into the back of their player, it seemed likely that Keogh could have actually stopped their 2nd. He got back and covered well, only to find a player at his feet instead of the ball. 

Yep and he's being let off because he's young, which is fair enough, but Keogh is now 'finished' ?

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Went to game tonight. Worse Stag night ever. The size of the task has been made clear to Frank. Keogh had a nightmare, looked like he was playing for a move. 

Carson, Davies, Thomas, Lowe, Bogle, Bennett, Bryson, Huddlestone all did well. 

News flash -  Do not watch this match as it is a euphoria buster. I warned you. 

Interesting you say that. Most everyone else said he was rubbish.

i need to watch it back

People defending Keogh are almost as petty as the ones slating him. He's been a great servant for the club, but he isn't part of the long term future. He has two more seasons at best. Anyway back on topic.... I really hope Derby can shift Vydra soon. Think Marriott would work his socks off if he came here. 

Archived