Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, Ramet said:

I still think martin will be a good short term answer cause we all know he is one of the best with the ball at his feet.can he come up with the goods im not sure as we all know hes never gonna run the channels but gonna be intresting to see what frank can do with him if anything at all.

i can see where your coming from but i cant see martin doing the quick high pressing football lampard looking at playing 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Really can't see him coming here unless Vydra leaves. We don't have that kind of money to throw around without outgoings first...

You’d think so. Although these loanees wouldn’t have been cheap. Their wages alone will be high, especially with Wilson signing a new deal & reportedly us offering Liverpool the best deal. 

Didn’t the Posh chairman say Marriott was playing in their friendly this morning? Because he didn’t feature  

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

You’d think so. Although these loanees wouldn’t have been cheap. Their wages alone will be high, especially with Wilson signing a new deal & reportedly us offering Liverpool the best deal. 

Didn’t the Posh chairman say Marriott was playing in their friendly this morning? Because he didn’t feature  

I don't look at Posh's chairman's twitter anymore, after he trolled us with the January deadline day tweet... 

I'd love Mariott here mate! But like you say, loans won't have been cheap so that's probably the majority of the Weimann money gone...

33 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Seen Marriott a couple of times and the local Posh fans down the pub seem to agree with me that he does seem ridiculously overpriced.

Mind you, at the time I thought the same when the cash was splashed on Charlie George, Roy McFarland,Mark Wright, Shilton, Nish, Stimac, , Gabbiadini, Rioch, Todd, Saunders, Davison, Hector, Gemmill, McMinn and even Eranio on a free transfer were all in my opinion vastly overpriced!!!!!

just think what that little lot would be worth now

49 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

I think that's what Tammy Abraham would bring. But there really aren't that many championship-level players who can do both and work in a high-press game. Marriott would be settling on someone shorter, but for more impact in the other areas of the game.

For me I'd rather just stick with Martin than spend £6.5m on someone who might speculatively be decent - It's a lot of money to spend on a risk - Plus I don't know what he'd give us that Vydra doesn't already?

Jerome, Nugent, Martin and Vydra - Not sure I'd be spending £6.5m unless he was the full package - But then I'm not a scout and maybe he is

Just pay the money for him so we don't have to watch another video where it freeze frames all the bloody time to show you which player he is (the one with the man bun if you hadn't already figured it out)...

He looks tidy on the ball though and I like the fact that he shoots with either foot. A good mix of left and right foot finishes there.

A lot of scrapy goals in that video which championship defences won't give you as easily. I think we would be in danger of overpaying at 6million. Doesn't  look great technically, a lot of scuffed shots and bad goalkeeping

I'm sure it's been covered already, but I'm not gonna read through the whole of this thread to find out... 

I'm a bit confused, why are people desperate for us to sell the championship golden boot winner from last season, to buy a player unproven in this league? Yes there would be a profit left over at the end... I get that. But would it be bad if we just kept Vydra and didn't sign Marriott? Why wouldn't that be our preference as fans?

Just now, GadFly said:

I'm sure it's been covered already, but I'm not gonna read through the whole of this thread to find out... 

I'm a bit confused, why are people desperate for us to sell the championship golden boot winner from last season, to buy a player unproven in this league? Yes there would be a profit left over at the end... I get that. But would it be bad if we just kept Vydra and didn't sign Marriott? Why wouldn't that be our preference as fans?

Completely agree, we have a proven clinical finisher on our books already in vydra. Much rather keep him

1 minute ago, GadFly said:

Because Vydra is a bit of a luxury player, and probably plays in the same position as Mount. Meanwhile, we're crying out for a centre forward. It isn't about Vydra being a bad player, it's about Vydra not necessarily fitting us next season. 

Archived