Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's perfectly reasonable. I'm no chosen of Nixon, I won't defend him to the hilt or owt.

His vague statements help me keep my eye out for more legit info about those players, that's all. 

He might be guessing but it would make sense, to fund a £5m signing we would need to sell Vydra 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Saity said:

Wow What ??

Wowsers! 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

I think what he meant was "wow, someone's hit the nail on the head there".

But I might be wrong.

Wow someone's hit the nail on the head there. ?

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah I said after the Notts County game that after reading how Marriott plays, with high energy and pace, I think he'd be perfect for the system Lampard wants to play. I'm easy either way though, if we keep Vydra, great, he was the top scorer and in an attacking team I don't see why he can't score a decent number again, although his contract situation would be a little worrying. And if we sell him and sign Marriott, that's also great. He's younger, cheaper and surely would be on much less wages than Vydra

Seen this. or similar, several times now. How have we all decided that we know what system(s?) Lampard is going to employ? We've seen one friendly so far, for all we know, Frank might have had a crisis of confidence and decided to go with the 'lump it up to the big lad' tactic.*

*For the hard of understanding, I should point out that I don't think that this is very likely.

4 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Seen this. or similar, several times now. How have we all decided that we know what system(s?) Lampard is going to employ? We've seen one friendly so far, for all we know, Frank might have had a crisis of confidence and decided to go with the 'lump it up to the big lad' tactic.*

*For the hard of understanding, I should point out that I don't think that this is very likely.

Even if he did for some reason go for the limp it long tactic, Marriott is someone who will chase long balls forever so he'd probably even suit that ?

6 hours ago, EraniosSocks said:

See Newcastle are matching Rondons buy out clause. Think WBA will be in for vyds ? ?

Not yet. Need Mitro gone. So we need mitro to fulham, rondon to newcastle, vydra to WBA and then Marriott to us ?

18 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Not yet. Need Mitro gone. So we need mitro to fulham, rondon to newcastle, vydra to WBA and then Marriott to us ?

I think Middlesbrough are trying to get a swap going to take Philips to the smog and send assomalonga to WBA - we shall see 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think Middlesbrough are trying to get a swap going to take Philips to the smog and send assomalonga to WBA - we shall see 

Phillips for assombalonga. WBA definetly getting the better deal that. Regardless of his forest history I’d have Britt here in a heart beat 

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It's one of those rare instances where it works out well for both teams, should it go ahead. Assombalonga sniffs out half chances in the box better than any other striker in this league. He doesn't offer much else though. Phillips is a top quality winger at this level.

Anyway, Marriott back in the squad to play tomorrow - for Posh that is. 

Archived