Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Oh, never mind then. Thought we were going to stop signing has-beens?

The point again is that he's taken until nearly 24 to pop some lower league goals in - yes he might be the next big thing and no he might not. 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point again is...

...That we don’t need a striker as we have Chris Martin and he’s like the best striker in the Championship ever!

Come on Roy, just spit it out, you know you want to ?

3 minutes ago, David said:

...That we don’t need a striker as we have Chris Martin and he’s like the best striker in the Championship ever!

Come on Roy, just spit it out, you know you want to ?

Well that is true. ?

But my point was surely we don't need to spend £4-6m on an unknown when Jody will have seen more youngsters in the past 4 years than we've had hot dinners? Aren't we supposed to be 'growing our own' and watching the pennies.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point again is that he's taken until nearly 24 to pop some lower league goals in - yes he might be the next big thing and no he might not. 

It is a gamble but as i've said on another thread  Marriott would probably look at whats behind him possibly in Mount,Wilson,Lawrence,Hudds etc and think ...I'm going to get chances in games and could be a great move for him especially as I think Frank will want us on the front foot but the price is still high for me....4m plus Blackman would be my sort of offer but maybe wages too high with NB

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well that is true. ?

But my point was surely we don't need to spend £4-6m on an unknown when Jody will have seen more youngsters in the past 4 years than we've had hot dinners? Aren't we supposed to be 'growing our own' and watching the pennies.

Unknown to who? 

If you have your own greenhouse that grows the veg, you still need to get the meat from the supermarket. 

Nobody wants just a plate of veg.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well that is true. ?

There is no way Roy that CM would fit into a high pressing style where usually the trigger press starts from the striker and CM is probably exactly the sort of player that MM was probably talking about when he said we need to offload some big earners, I know i'm probably opening up a can here with this but CM for me is in the past, time to move on 

Just now, Saity said:

There is no way Roy that CM would fit into a high pressing style where usually the trigger press starts from the striker and CM is probably exactly the sort of player that MM was probably talking about when he said we need to offload some big earners, I know i'm probably opening up a can here with this but CM for me is in the past for me, time to move on 

Check out the assists that Mounts YouTube video shows - Chrissy could easily be the no9 that's popping some goals in. As for the high pressing style from the striker, well it won't just be a striker running around will it.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't you think £6.5m is a bit rich - surely Jody could pick us out a youngster for less?!

Very rich and a big gamble - goals in league one doesn’t mean goals in the championship- why aren’t stacks of other clubs trying to sign him ? If we sign him so be it if we don’t we do have Martin and Vydra ( nugent blackman Jerome ) - experienced forward  with these youngsters we are signing and appear that we will play them will be vital - a fully fit and motivated Martin could be perfect this season 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Unknown to who? 

If you have your own greenhouse that grows the veg, you still need to get the meat from the supermarket. 

Nobody wants just a plate of veg.

I know what you're doing here.

You've conveniently tried to divert the thread to start yet another vegan debate.. 

you internet people make me sick.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Check out the assists that Mounts YouTube video shows - Chrissy could easily be the no9 that's popping some goals in. As for the high pressing style from the striker, well it won't just be a striker running around will it.

A lot of the time Roy the striker will trigger the press then everyone presses and only in certain circumstances, i'm sorry to say that CM is not that type of striker and SM should never have given him a nice big longer contract, the proof of how much he is worth is in the price.....we would struggle to get 2 - 2.5M for him and is on big wages apparently....would you keep a player who at best is probably going to be a sub or take a chance with someone like Marriott who fits the style FL has mentioned and although comes from a lower league is no different to when we signed Dean Saunders from Oxford...big gamble at 1M which was big money at the time yet was a great signing 

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

You've conveniently tried to divert the thread to start yet another vegan debate.. 

You know you want it, that finger licking chicken so crispy and succulent ?

D5F699D9-37C3-4091-A20D-3FC1EE7FF2F3.png

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Very rich and a big gamble - goals in league one doesn’t mean goals in the championship- why aren’t stacks of other clubs trying to sign him ? If we sign him so be it if we don’t we do have Martin and Vydra ( nugent blackman Jerome ) - experienced forward  with these youngsters we are signing and appear that we will play them will be vital - a fully fit and motivated Martin could be perfect this season 

Its been quoted somewhere that FL was pointed in Marriotts direction by Harry Redknapp and FL and JM liked what they saw and  if Marriott is what they want thats good enough for me....I trust what Lampard does...simple as that....saturday albeit against lower opposition was already better than hoofball rowett and that is without any of Franks additions....trust Lampard 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well that is true. ?

Perhaps he has had input to this already, saying "I've never in all my life seen anyone anywhere near as good - snap their hands off because he will get a hat-trick every game for the rest of his career, with the added bonus that he an international-class goalkeeper when he ever plays there*

*Some hyperbole may apply

8 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

It's the lack of meat that did that.

8 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Why are people assuming i am a vegan?

I have simply considered a vegan diet! Does this put me on the dark green side?

Give it a couple of weeks and you'd be a Soylent Green side.

Archived