Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Saity said:

A lot of the time Roy the striker will trigger the press then everyone presses and only in certain circumstances, i'm sorry to say that CM is not that type of striker and SM should never have given him a nice big longer contract, the proof of how much he is worth is in the price.....we would struggle to get 2 - 2.5M for him and is on big wages apparently....would you keep a player who at best is probably going to be a sub or take a chance with someone like Marriott who fits the style FL has mentioned and although comes from a lower league is no different to when we signed Dean Saunders from Oxford...big gamble at 1M which was big money at the time yet was a great signing 

Wow. 

fb6660cb5cf5f568e810e5ab07bd6585.png

Surely we'd be able to generate 4 or 5 million from elsewhere to go with whatever remains of the Weimann money. With Mount joining, for centre midfield we'll have Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson, Mount, Hanson, Elsnik. It's easier said than done, but get a couple of those shifted 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Surely we'd be able to generate 4 or 5 million from elsewhere to go with whatever remains of the Weimann money. With Mount joining, for centre midfield we'll have Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Butterfield, Johnson, Bryson, Mount, Hanson, Elsnik. It's easier said than done, but get a couple of those shifted 

I assume if this is true then either Vydra will stay or we will sell to strengthen elsewhere in the squad. Interesting 

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Didn't we also get some extra money because Huddersfield stayed up from the Ince transfer? 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Didn't we also get some extra money because Huddersfield stayed up from the Ince transfer? 

The two loans will cost money though.

Probably the majority of the Weimann fee. Still need a bit more to fund Marriott.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

And have been bidding for Jozefzoon too. I still have my doubts over this Derby have no money story that the media keep bringing up

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

And have been bidding for Jozefzoon too. I still have my doubts over this Derby have no money story that the media keep bringing up

It's good in some ways, if people think we're skint because they probably wouldn't try rip us off as much as other clubs who were throwing cash about. I think the media is a tad OTT on the Derby skint front.

Just now, Saity said:

Does anyone know if we are definitely still in for Marriott ?? as I read he was going on tour with his club I know they said a club has had 3 bids in last few days.....

There's a handful of clubs heavily linked with us being one, but no one other than the clubs actually involved knows which have actually made bids. All we do know is that one clubs seems very eager to get him as they've made multiple bids for him, but still no team has met their valuation which is supposedly around £6.5 million 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

There's a handful of clubs heavily linked with us being one, but no one other than the clubs actually involved knows which have actually made bids. All we do know is that one clubs seems very eager to get him as they've made multiple bids for him, but still no team has met their valuation which is supposedly around £6.5 million 

Nicko has just answered a couple of tweets about Marriot:

@JonnyBates91
Replying to @reluctantnicko 
With mason mount already pictured in a derby shirt and harry Wilson a good possibility that would surely kill any interest in Marriott?
@reluctantnicko
No money for Marriott. Unless Vydra goes.

@nathan16905256
Replying to @reluctantnicko 
Think Hull will go for Marriott when Grosicki sells? Beverly born too
@reluctantnicko
At 6.5m? No.

So Hull won't pay £6.5m but we will (if we had it?!)...

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Thanks mate I'm hoping we are one of them as some posh fans told me he's very high energy and obviously knows where the goal is.....maybe it is reliant on Vydra going out as some say

Archived