Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Thanks mate I'm hoping we are one of them as some posh fans told me he's very high energy and obviously knows where the goal is.....maybe it is reliant on Vydra going out as some say

Yeah I said after the Notts County game that after reading how Marriott plays, with high energy and pace, I think he'd be perfect for the system Lampard wants to play. I'm easy either way though, if we keep Vydra, great, he was the top scorer and in an attacking team I don't see why he can't score a decent number again, although his contract situation would be a little worrying. And if we sell him and sign Marriott, that's also great. He's younger, cheaper and surely would be on much less wages than Vydra

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Vydra or Marriott, which one is best? 

Seems we either keep one, or sell one and buy one? 

Vydra or Marriott + £5.5m, which could mean Bayliss, Palmer, Josefzoon, or someone else as well.

I think we all agree Vydra can only play in one system (albeit very well), which means his stock will never be higher than it is now. We're also crying out for a centre forward of the type that Marriott is.

For me it's a no brainer.

Just now, thederbyram said:

Vydra or Marriott + £5.5m, which could mean Bayliss, Palmer, Josefzoon, or someone else as well.

I think we all agree Vydra can only play in one system (albeit very well), which means his stock will never be higher than it is now. We're also crying out for a centre forward of the type that Marriott is.

See Bayliss has been picked by Simmo for the under 19 squad. Might have to watch it see what he plays like

2 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

See Bayliss has been picked by Simmo for the under 19 squad. Might have to watch it see what he plays like

£1.75m was the quoted price earlier in the summer, which is a lot for a league 2 player.

However, if he's a long term replacement for Bryson who can contribute straight away, you could argue it'd be great business for a player whose value is only likely to rise.

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

£1.75m was the quoted price earlier in the summer, which is a lot for a league 2 player.

However, if he's a long term replacement for Bryson who can contribute straight away, you could argue it'd be great business for a player whose value is only likely to rise.

Similar price to that paid for Ollie Watkins from League 2 Exeter - did pretty well for Brentford last season. In this age, its relative pocket change for Derby, will mean a lot for Coventry though.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Similar price to that paid for Ollie Watkins from League 2 Exeter - did pretty well for Brentford last season. In this age, its relative pocket change for Derby, will mean a lot for Coventry though.

It's just a shame he won't be playing against us next week.. we could have kidnapped him and brought him back with us!

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

And now prem teams are after him apparently.

hopefully Bayliss will be in the team today to have a look at

30 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

forgot all about Bayliss has been very quiet on that front but yes looked decent in the games i've seen on the box hope he's still on our radar

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I assume if this is true then either Vydra will stay or we will sell to strengthen elsewhere in the squad. Interesting 

I would find it strange that nixon has any idea of our finances.

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I find it strange Nixon has any idea on anything. Throw enough poo at the wall and hope some of it sticks. 

Never a more true word spoken

16 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I find it strange Nixon has any idea on anything. Throw enough poo at the wall and hope some of it sticks. 

Pretty sure Nixon does know people at clubs, and a few agents.

But those people he knows at clubs don't necessarily know a lot. They just tell him what they think and he presents it as news. Usually stuff that he's wrong about is often in the ballpark.

He's not some omnipotent knowledge base, but he does have contacts. He's just happy to write stories about even the little things he hears, where as more 'legit' journos wait until its concrete. 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty sure Nixon does know people at clubs, and a few agents.

But those people he knows at clubs don't necessarily know a lot. They just tell him what they think and he presents it as news. Usually stuff that he's wrong about is often in the ballpark.

He's not some omnipotent knowledge base, but he does have contacts. He's just happy to write stories about even the little things he hears, where as more 'legit' journos wait until its concrete. 

I think it’s the vagueness that makes me take no interest in his writings. 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I think it’s the vagueness that makes me take no interest in his writings. 

That's perfectly reasonable. I'm no chosen of Nixon, I won't defend him to the hilt or owt.

His vague statements help me keep my eye out for more legit info about those players, that's all. 

Archived