2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

13 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I went today. First half was totally lacklustre, players already downed tools.. Second half was the most undisciplined and brainless display I've ever had the misfortune of watching. Danny Fox you might get a few fans onside by singing in the stand on occasion, but I think you're a prize w*nker. 

New manager has a mammoth job to do, and clearly not a lot of time to achieve it. Whoever that might be. 

Well done @Red_Dawn for coming on a Derby County fan's web site and telling it like it is. I love the rivalry between the two clubs, but don't really hate you as a club. I've always said that I would love Forest to win 36 games in a season in the Premier League, but lose out to being champions by 6 points to the mighty Rams. The rivalry can only be a rivalry when there is something to play for, so even though it amuses me to see what's happening at your end of the A52 it also saddens me that the true fans are the ones that suffer (it's probably not your fault you're a Red, just like most on here are Rams through natural selection ?). Keep up the faith and hopefully in a few years time we will be able to lock horns on an even standing in the Prem.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

The sad face reaction was because it shouldn't be like this.

You were having a cracking season, literally a fag paper from top 6, after a few years of struggle.

Your shot that hit the bar against us could have gone in, either team could have won or lost Vs Norwich, and those tiny margins make the difference!

Bullpoop, you've ended up with another maniac in charge, and it pretty much sums up everything wrong with English football at the moment!

Whilst you are so right in all this, (as near always Rev), just remember this.

It’s Forest you’re talking about, so it’s still funny!!!!!! 

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

Well done @Red_Dawn for coming on a Derby County fan's web site and telling it like it is. I love the rivalry between the two clubs, but don't really hate you as a club. I've always said that I would love Forest to win 36 games in a season in the Premier League, but lose out to being champions by 6 points to the mighty Rams. The rivalry can only be a rivalry when there is something to play for, so even though it amuses me to see what's happening at your end of the A52 it also saddens me that the true fans are the ones that suffer (it's probably not your fault you're a Red, just like most on here are Rams through natural selection ?). Keep up the faith and hopefully in a few years time we will be able to lock horns on an even standing in the Prem.

Thanks mate, thats a nice post. One thing I have missed living down south is the random bants in work and the like. Looks like I'm taking a job in Nottm town Centre so moving my family back soon. Haven't lived in the midlands for over 10 years now. Will be strange I'm sure. 

Also, you never know, we might both end up getting promoted. 

Doubt it though ?

15 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Surprised MON would put up with such owners as Forest's.. only time will tell

He's not a Greek rogue, what's going on? Not sure if we should laugh or not, guess it depends if he brings Roy Keane with him.

Odd one, would imagine his Forest history played a part getting the job which shows there is at least one person at the club which isn't completely clueless to the clubs past which will no doubt please them.

Without looking I guess they are happy, possible inspired by this one, they tolerated Karanka's football so I guess this gets a thumbs up

12 minutes ago, David said:

He's not a Greek rogue, what's going on? Not sure if we should laugh or not, guess it depends if he brings Roy Keane with him.

Odd one, would imagine his Forest history played a part getting the job which shows there is at least one person at the club which isn't completely clueless to the clubs past which will no doubt please them.

Without looking I guess they are happy, possible inspired by this one, they tolerated Karanka's football so I guess this gets a thumbs up

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47546

Not as happy as you may think.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Genuinely surprised by that, they love their history over there and thought they would be up for reliving the 70's again.

Stuart Pearce must have left a sour taste in their mouths.

Guessing again that being linked with Jokanovic all weekend got them all excited over what he did with Fulham, now they've ended up with a manager that Mick McCarthy was seen as an upgrade.

1 minute ago, David said:

Genuinely surprised by that, they love their history over there and thought they would be up for reliving the 70's again.

Stuart Pearce must have left a sour taste in their mouths.

Guessing again that being linked with Jokanovic all weekend got them all excited over what he did with Fulham, now they've ended up with a manager that Mick McCarthy was seen as an upgrade.

All the red dogs I work with were certain they were getting Jokanovic...I’m going to enjoy work tomorrow ?

I like O'Neill, but this appointment feels about 10 years past it's sell by date. I think O'Neill has looked short of ideas in his last few jobs. Sunderland were as drab as, well as drab as Sunderland usually are, under his tenure and his time with Ireland was ultimately a failure. He only qualified for one tournament and that was the expanded Euros where nearly 50% of entrants now go to the finals, and he needed a play off to achieve that. I don't know why he insists on dragging the neanderthal Keane around with him either.

Just now, jimbo jones said:

All the red dogs I work with were certain they were getting Jokanovic...I’m going to enjoy work tomorrow ?

Glad they didn't, would have been hard to find some pelters for them.

I don't see O'Neill as that bad of an appointment then, but then my ambitions for the club are probably a lot lower than theirs. For me they have probably just about established themselves as a Championship side which is a little hard to take. ?

Archived