2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DerbyPride said:

I had it on good authority that MON was almost offered the Derby job pre Billy Davies but due to his wife being ill at the time he could only commit to the job on a part time basis.

He was quite good back then though. I would’ve liked that appointment. Not so sure now though. Has he ever managed at championship level?

Great appointment i'm afraid. couple of promotions with Wycombe, promotion and league cup with Leicester .  Managed to keep Villa top half of the prem whilst flogging players and keep an appalling Sunderland up. We know how they imploded after he left .   Trophys with Celtic is a given granted.

Also did a great job with getting the ROI team to Euro 16 and then qualifying from the toughest group.   Expect to see them promoted next year.  Possibly this year, but the best they'll get this time is the play offs which will be the usual lottery.

42 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Great appointment i'm afraid. couple of promotions with Wycombe, promotion and league cup with Leicester .  Managed to keep Villa top half of the prem whilst flogging players and keep an appalling Sunderland up. We know how they imploded after he left .   Trophys with Celtic is a given granted.

Also did a great job with getting the ROI team to Euro 16 and then qualifying from the toughest group.   Expect to see them promoted next year.  Possibly this year, but the best they'll get this time is the play offs which will be the usual lottery.

According to vitalfootball he had a pretty significant net spend in each of his villa seasons. 

9 hours ago, DerbyPride said:

I had it on good authority that MON was almost offered the Derby job pre Billy Davies but due to his wife being ill at the time he could only commit to the job on a part time basis.

I thought the main stumbling block with that one was that he wanted shares in the club as well?

54 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wycombe? My word that was 20 plus years ago.

What's big ron up to?

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Yes; I think MoN is a good appointment. I have a lot of respect for him. He gave a very moving speech at Pride Park at Brian’s memorial. A very clever and intelligent chap with a degree in law from Trinity College and an expert on the Hanratty case. The only potential issue as others have noted is that he speaks his mind and that may not sit easily with the big Greek. I suspect he’ll get them up next year. I actually once succeeded him as coach when he went off to Celtic...that’s right...He was coach of my son’s school team and when he left I took over the job. I think the Red Dogs have chosen well...for once. 

Archived