If it’s Frank

archied
Message added by David

If it is Frank  

620 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Gritters said:

I'm warming to Lampard if he wants to come. The problem is if he is successful he'll be off pretty quick too.

My concern is his wages for an unproven manager. Talks broke down between him and Ipswich reportedly due to his wage demands. If they can afford to pay the wages of a proven, experienced manager in McCarthy but not an unproven manager in Lampard, how much must he be asking for? And with larger wages comes a larger pay off for him should things be disastrous and Mel's left with no choice but to sack him

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

My concern is his wages for an unproven manager. Talks broke down between him and Ipswich reportedly due to his wage demands. If they can afford to pay the wages of a proven, experienced manager in McCarthy but not an unproven manager in Lampard, how much must he be asking for? And with larger wages comes a larger pay off for him should things be disastrous and Mel's left with no choice but to sack him

Ipswich are pretty tight with the funds. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Didn't someone say Ipswich only offered £300k pa.

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Ipswich are pretty tight with the funds. 

But so are we now days, apparently. It's obviously not my money so I'm not sure why I'm bothered by it, but he shouldn't be getting high level Championship manager wages just because of his name alone

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

But so are we now days, apparently. It's obviously not my money so I'm not sure why I'm bothered by it, but he shouldn't be getting high level Championship manager wages just because of his name alone

I believe he was offered £300k pa. 

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Didn't someone say Ipswich only offered £300k pa.

I've not seen that so not sure, but having just checked it looks like Hurst is the heavy favourite now and he'll be on tiny wages for this level, so it might make sense

18 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

It doesn’t take much money in next manager markets for bookmakers to slash prices,any bets of £25 or more will have them cutting prices and they are unlikely to take any hefty beats in my experience.

I know. Hence my previous post about someone betting a fiver.

8 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can’t be much money when a McCarthy can walk away with no job in place ,,, 

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Can’t be much money when a McCarthy can walk away with no job in place ,,, 

Not quite sure he walked away, but I get your point. I seem to remember the chairman saying they didn't discuss a new contract as they both felt it was time to move on

11 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I believe he was offered £300k pa. 

£300k?? Even I wouldn't get out of bed for that.

Frank is footballing royalty. There's nobody in the game that doesn't respect him. There's no door he can't open. He adds huge value. Pay the man Mel!

Obviously people have been putting bets on lampard causing the odds to be slashed, but i dont care how much you bet they wouldn't go from 20-1(ish) to 1-7 in 24 hours without someone somewhere being in the know.

Especially when the 2nd fave is now at around 5-1. That's just asking people to place bets on the others and lose.. the bookies aren't daft

24 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can’t remember who said it but apparently Ipswich offered 300k pa whilst he wanted 1m pa

3 hours ago, archied said:

If it is frank ( forget other candidates this threads not about that), how do derby fans feel about this week and the swap ? Who’s got best deal ,derby or stoke ?  Great management by mel or disaster?

A lot has happened in such a short space of time.

I've gone from accepting Rowett for another season to being glad he's gone, then angry at him a bit, then to worrying about his replacement, to totally apathetic about who we appoint, to wanting Smith, and then back to apathy.

If we get Lampard so be it. I would prefer more managerial experience, but when you think around it he will be more in touch with our players and have been more relevant in their lifetimes, and will bring something entirely different to any previous recent manager which could be just what we need, the start of a totally new chapter (well, apart from a handful of long term underachievers.)

So that brings me to the other question, the fact that I seem to be able to be more positive about every other manager mentioned than Roger (AKA GR) means we have the better deal regardless.

Stoke is potentially a poisoned chalice but it only takes someone like Berahino to find his level and that can make Roger's life pretty easy. On the other hand they could sulk and they could be bottom in October. I think we're a safer  steady bet over all.

Next summer is a milestone with regards to expiring contracts and I think there will be a very clear before and after. If any manager comes in he gets a year of working things out, and hopefully makes significant progress and gets to reap the benefits of the purge to really kick us on.

Lampard is a very clever man , on the pitch and off. Fluent in several languages and loads of qualifications. He was probably the best midfielder england have ever had. Hes obviously gonna get some pointers from harry redknapp and hes played for some of the best managers and coaching stuff on the earth also. He would of learned a few things ...i really hope we take a chance with him ,and i also hope any toxic ram fans dont turn on him 3 games in. Time to let a manager have a few seasons and build a team as firing someone every year hasnt achieved anything

13 minutes ago, TaylorRam84 said:

Obviously people have been putting bets on lampard causing the odds to be slashed, but i dont care how much you bet they wouldn't go from 20-1(ish) to 1-7 in 24 hours without someone somewhere being in the know.

Especially when the 2nd fave is now at around 5-1. That's just asking people to place bets on the others and lose.. the bookies aren't daft

Bookmarked for gits and shiggles.

3 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Be careful what you wish for. We've just finished in the top 6 of the league - albeit with a squad that arguably should have done better and playing some pretty uninspiring football. But I'm not sure yet another change of manager is good news for us. We're crying out for someone to stick around for 3 to 4 seasons and really build something sustainable, rather than starting again every few months as we've been doing ever since Nigel Clough left.

Agreed  ,but not Two Shots  at the moment I'm really looking forward to next season which I wasn't until he shipped out .Mind you depending on who we get my mood may change.

Archived