Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think it's a good sign that we are interviewing already. I think it means we have been planning this for a while. I will not get too cocky yet until we know who is the new manager, but the idea we could get £2 million in compensation for an outcome that we wanted to happen is pretty damned good work by Mel it seems at the moment. 

I agree and I think Mel has probably had words with Rowett after the Fulham game about our brand of football etc and Rowett has jumped ship knowing he’s on thin ground.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think it's a good sign that we are interviewing already. I think it means we have been planning this for a while. I will not get too cocky yet until we know who is the new manager, but the idea we could get £2 million in compensation for an outcome that we wanted to happen is pretty damned good work by Mel it seems at the moment. 

£2.2M compo, that extra £2000,000 could pay the wages of a couple of all season loans from Frank's old club Chelsea.

Just now, GenBr said:

Random guy on the Derby County Reddit saying Lampard to be announced tomorrow.  Might have just made it up though.

Just read this myself. Anyone could make a rumour up though I suppose ! 

Might try start a Malcolm Christie player manager rumour... ?

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Random guy on the Derby County Reddit saying Lampard to be announced tomorrow.  Might have just made it up though.

The media surrounding this will be mental, if this was nearly done it will be plastered all over the place well in advance. 

Still can’t see it myself

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The latest evolution of “bloke down the pub says.”

Goodbye twitter rumour retweets. Hello Reddit weirdo upvotes. 

4 hours ago, maydrakin said:

It is worth bearing in mind that we have a squad of reasonable egos - would they be able to respect Dean Smith? I could see the “what have you ever won?” argument cropping up.

Lampard is inexperienced, but should be at least in the thrall of the dressing room...

Such as...

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Your profile pictures very apt, this quote is very superhands ?

10 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Barry down the pub knows a guy who knows another a guy who plays darts with one of the cleaners at Pride Park ill have you know and he tolx me wassall has the job - never been wrong so far. If it turns out to be true i will be very disappointed in our own ITKers.

Archived