Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

1 minute ago, GeneralRam said:

This was McLaren's "home" and look how we treated him.

But he decided he wanted to go and live in the 'big house' at the top of the hill, only to find when he got there it needed a lot of renovating and he wasn't equipped to do the work.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d be interested to find out who Lampard’s backroom staff might be...imagine if he brought John Terry in as his number 2  icon_yikes.sml.gif

Lampard and Jody Morris..... im not sure if I am really excited about that or gutted...

Lamps wouldn't be my first choice but with regards to seeing Derby job as a stepping stone...so would basically every other manager! That's championship football! We either appoint someone who's sentimentally attached to the club or it'll be a step on the career ladder (either on way up or way down!) 

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Lampard and Jody Morris..... im not sure if I am really excited about that or gutted...

I was listening to a podcast earlier this week (it was either Guardian Football Weekly or The Totally Football Show, I can't recall which) and one of the podders was raving about Jody Morris. He is incredibly well thought of as a coach at Chelsea and a large component of their success in converting so many players through their academy.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I can't believe fans are happy bringing someone with no management experience at all in to sort this mess out and no money to spend....

Remind we how we have done with the below;

Manager with experience with money to spend

Manager without experience with money to spend

Manager with experience with no money to spend

Nothing is guaranteed in football ?

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Remind we how we have done with the below;

Manager with experience with money to spend

Manager without experience with money to spend

Manager with experience with no money to spend

Nothing is guaranteed in football ?

time to try Manager without experience with no money to spend?

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

But he decided he wanted to go and live in the 'big house' at the top of the hill, only to find when he got there it needed a lot of renovating and he wasn't equipped to do the work.

We made him homeless 

27 minutes ago, bcnram said:

What is 'this mess' that needs sorting out? Just curious in case I have missed something.

The fact that it would seem that we are skint, going to have to offload players, have no money to bring new players in and that our old Manager seems intent on buying the few decent players we have...

If Lampard comes in and Derby get off to a flyer, the Prem media cognoscenti would be fawning over which 'real' job he will be moving to within months. 

Pellegrini might **** it up in West Ham's FOC stadium - and then Lampard would be fast-tracked to rescue them from another debacle of a season, so that the 'entitled' Sarf Londoners don't have to spend too much of their valuable leisure time throwing coins at the WHU main board directors.

The future is clear!

(NOT) 

?

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I doubt it. How many among us have been for job interviews without our employer's knowledge?

and how many of you are under a fixed term contract of 2 or 3 years at your employer. (you can just give your notice in, and work the required notice period)

In football, it has to be agreed by the club your currently at, so that compensation can be agreed should said manager be the chosen candidate

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nicked from MikeH on Popside

Hmmmmm. IF (big if at the mo) this is true then I'm not against it, I think it would raise our profile, reignite the enthusiasm of the fanbase and potentially even players, he should have loads of contacts from his own experience and from Uncle Harry, he will also know who to get hold of in Chelsea's youth team and be trusted with them and we HOPE he's going to play expansive footy!

The downsides mostly revolve around the fact that he obviously has no experience, it could be a very tough first job taking on an downsizing operation, with a fragmented squad that have been converted to play direct counter attack football. I think if he came in with an quality experienced assistant then we could be onto a winner!

If it's him then good luck to him as he's going to need it, I usually have a feeling good or bad with our appointments but if it's Lamps then I don't either way which is possibly a good sign. 

As with all our managers (even Pearson who I couldn't stand) he would get my backing.

3 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

If Lampard comes in and Derby get off to a flyer, the Prem media cognoscenti would be fawning over which 'real' job he will be moving to within months. 

Pellegrini might **** it up in West Ham's FOC stadium - and then Lampard would be fast-tracked to rescue them from another debacle of a season, so that the 'entitled' Sarf Londoners don't have to spend too much of their valuable leisure time throwing coins at the WHU main board directors.

The future is clear!

(NOT) 

?

If he's doing well and we're flying then if he ditched us, it'd be easier to get a replacement than if we've starting sinking with some old has been manager!

Archived