Derby County have already interviewed candidates about the vacant manager's position

Rample

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well their "new" home is now south, but they aren't really a south London club. 

Well bugger me, I lived in London (central, and south), for 7 years, and clearly learned naffin'!

I wouldn't go asking WHU fans if they consider themselves Norf Landan, anyways, gor blimey lav a dack!

?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

With Lamps there’s obviously question marks about his experience, but essentially we’d be getting a manager who every fan in the world knows. He’d undoubtedly raise our profile worldwide. Would be fascinating if it happened....and it’s not completely implausible that he’d perhaps lace up his boots and come on for the last few minutes of games. 

He’d be the biggest global footballing star we’ve had since Ravenelli or Taribo West. I could see attendances rising and can even envisage more live games on Sky. If we are actually skint, then from a commercial point of view Frank Lampard actually makes a lot of sense. 

Do you think attendances would rise if we were losing and sliding down the league?

Why not Lampard, it’ll be fun. We’ve had one hell of a rollercoaster these past 4 years and with Rowett it’s been kind of like riding a rollercoaster on a completely horizontal track, adhering to the speed limit in a built up area.

Frankie would chuck a couple loop-the-loops into our rollercoaster. Get us playing like the sides he played in, couple of helping hands from his old mates at Chelsea and Mourinho at United to help us along. At least it might be entertaining.

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

After thinking about this, I would love to see Derby go for Alex Neil from Preston or Paul Simpson. That would be my ideal candidates, but I doubt that is the same thinking that Mel will have regarding this.

Never boring being a Derby fan.

Paul Simpson has a terrible managerial record

2 minutes ago, bcnram said:

You need to upgrade what you read and believe ?

I am reading between the lines...if we aren't in a bit of financial trouble Mel can go and get a decent Manager that is currently in work. What I think will happen is he will go for a novice like Lampard or has been like Big Mick who is out of work to save the pennies, we will sell the likes of Vydra, Davies and Carson and not bring a lot of fresh blood in. We will see....

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Remind we how we have done with the below;

Manager with experience with money to spend

Manager without experience with money to spend

Manager with experience with no money to spend

Nothing is guaranteed in football ?

I like your thinking. None of those have worked recently, so we'll go for the one remaining option:

Manager with no experience and no money to spend.

Genius ?

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Paul Simpson has a terrible managerial record

Apart from winning a World Cup. And some decent service in the lower leagues. 

PistoldPete2

Top 3 in the betting said to be smith, lampard and oneill. Who are all better options than most of the rest in the list imo. 

Every young manager has to start somewhere, we are a complete rebuild job regardless who gets the job. Just because someone has experience that doesnt bring any guarentees.

Lampard was my shout on the managers poll, the only name who I would class as exciting and would cause a stir amongst fans and the media. He has never managed so the budget wouldnt really matter in terms of how big or small it is, he will have some good contacts to get us some young talent on loan which in itself could help the wage budget.

People can relate to him being inexperienced like Clement but some say he shouldnt have been sacked and who knows if he had stayed maybe he would have got his little black book of contacts out eventually so no point in comparing.

16 minutes ago, Saity said:

Nixon has mentioned Waffle please please no!!!! Will be most uninspiring appointment ever!!!

You know we say that but I'm many ways it makes sense...would cost us sod all,knows the academy,plays in the 'derby way',would probably be comfortable working to a budget.

On the downside,for some reason he got a lot of stick last time for the way he spoke and acted post games (rowett knocked him into a cocked hat with his verbal ******** tho) and he's a unfashionable choice amongst the fans.

Personally,after the first few games were under his belt,I thought he was doing really well for a rookie last time in....

At least we played attacking football and he's got more experience under his belt now.

So whilst I'd perhaps prefer Smith or warburton for the job,I wouldn't be distraught over Darren either,especially to stabilise the club for a season.

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you think attendances would rise if we were losing and sliding down the league?

I think the fans would perhaps be a bit more forgiving if the football was easier on the eye. Ultimately I think it’s fair to say that next season the expectations will be lower. 

1 minute ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

I think the fans would perhaps be a bit more forgiving if the football was easier on the eye. Ultimately I think it’s fair to say that next season the expectations will be lower. 

They wouldn't. 

We have to win, and we have to win with football artistry. 'The Derby way'™.....

I like Waffle, but come on....

I actually like Lampard, but no.

Crucial that we get this right - Smith would seem to be the outstanding candidate, and the sensible option, rather than some of the other flights of fancy.

Sensible over novelty please.

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

I like Waffle, but come on....

I actually like Lampard, but no.

Crucial that we get this right - Smith would seem to be the outstanding candidate, and the sensible option, rather than some of the other flights of fancy.

Sensible over novelty please.

Thank you

46 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

You know we say that but I'm many ways it makes sense...would cost us sod all,knows the academy,plays in the 'derby way',would probably be comfortable working to a budget.

On the downside,for some reason he got a lot of stick last time for the way he spoke and acted post games (rowett knocked him into a cocked hat with his verbal ******** tho) and he's a unfashionable choice amongst the fans.

Personally,after the first few games were under his belt,I thought he was doing really well for a rookie last time in....

At least we played attacking football and he's got more experience under his belt now.

So whilst I'd perhaps prefer Smith or warburton for the job,I wouldn't be distraught over Darren either,especially to stabilise the club for a season.

Not for me mate sorry ...we can do much better

Archived