Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s a difficult choice between who I want and who we might need? We all want fast free flowing football that is successful but harder to get and what manager we can get to provide that or do we need a steady hand to see us through next season in the championship with a lot of the players we are stuck with.

smith at Brentford - play good football 

alex Neil at Preston - he has a record of galvanising squads and could be diamond in the pack for us

mick McCarthy - solid and dependable to get results and might turn a few careers around but obviously a short term appointment as mr Warnock will be at Cardiff 

what do we actually need 

Smith at brentford sounds a good antidote to Rowett hoofball. Frank lampard may be a good shout... Hopefully he could get us a few loan deals from prem clubs. 

clarkeram7

I don't think McCarthy is as bad a shout as people may think. His time at Ipswich was admirable considering the circumstances; he got results and promoted young players with a minimal budget.

People have been critical of his style of play on here but thinking back to his Wolves and Sunderland side, they were young, quick and certainly not boring to watch. He has an excellent record at finding rough diamonds and like Warnock gets the best out of them. 

He's experienced enough to be able to handle the big characters and has been around the division for a while so he's current and up to date. 

I think with a bit of money he'd be similar to the appointment of Jim Smith. Everyone said he was old, been around the block too much yet holds a very similar record to McCarthy in the sense he's rarely been at clubs for 6 months here and there. 

He'd be in my top 3!

I'm looking at some of these and seeing things like "a foreign manager" doesn't exactly appeal to me... Surely we need more evidence than them having a fancy name.

We could bring in a foreign lad that in essence has the same pragmatic approach that we have seen with Rowett - would people then be happy with that?

When you also mention "foreign coach to bring some foreign flair" when has this actually worked?

Then again you could question when has recruiting just in England work?

So many questions with so little answers...

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The fact that the betting is now 4/1 the field means they do not yet have a clue who it might be so I can assume all bets are on - open to anyone !!

Smith is 4/6 - check the bet victor site

5 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Marcelo Alberto Bielsa Caldera..........."El Loco" the crazy one! ..........think I've mentioned him on here before.

Usually sacked or moves on after a year so would be right up our street.

Managed the national teams of Argentina and Chile plus lively spells at Espanyol, Athletico Bilbao, Marseille, Lazio (for 2 days) and Lille

Uses a 3-3-1-3 total football" high pressing formation.  Pep Guardiola credited Bielsa as his tactical inspiration and called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.
This is a man who was still a rookie 37-year-old manager at Argentinian club Newell’s Old Boys in 1992 when they lost a Copa Libertadores game 6-0 to San Lorenzo and a group of the club’s hardcore supporters went to his house to protest to him personally about the defeat, he allegedly opened the front door to them holding a grenade and said he would pull the pin if they did not clear off, before chasing them down the street.  Sure that would go down well in Quarndon

For those on Football Manager, FIFA whatever or employed at Moor Farm can I recommend the following five minute video! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRVk4qvDX0

.ok then..................Simmo!

As if Bielsa would accept the job or could work with Mel! hahahaha

Would be a complete train wreck...

Same with another Tactical revolutionary Zdenek Zeman! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8li4e8kLk

7 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Smith is 4/6 - check the bet victor site

Oddschecker always slow....Simpson was 1/2 yesterday - 4/6 is guessing....be interesting when they go 1/5ish - thats when it seems like a strong possibility

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I took that as Warnock or, at a push, Allardyce. Warnock isn’t impossible, but doubt he would take it as Nixon says.

Agree I read Warnock. But no doubt who we appoint he will spin it to Saturday “ told you so” 

10 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Nigel’s 2nd on the telegraph next manager poll currently. He’s rated highly everywhere but this forum

Not sure how you are reading it as highly rated, Nigel is on 10% looking now, that’s some way behind Dean Smith with 32%. 

And to put Nigel’s 10% into context, Igor Stimac isn't far behind on 7%. 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

What makes you think he would be a good fit for us in our current position? He has had his chance.

Mel needs to say sorry for what went on before between you and Sam rush. How right was nigel about rush by the way. Anyway nige here’s a 5 year deal and get on with it. Do your thing. I’ll back you financially when needed. See you all in the premiership in a few years. 

The Clough legend lives on at derby. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Not sure how you are reading it as highly rated, Nigel is on 10% looking now, that’s some way behind Dean Smith with 32%. 

And to put Nigel’s 10% into context, Igor Stimac isn't far behind on 7%. 

One person has more votes than nigel. Out of about 20 candidates 

2 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Mel needs to say sorry for what went on before between you and Sam rush. How right was nigel about rush by the way. Anyway nige here’s a 5 year deal and get on with it. Do your thing. I’ll back you financially when needed. See you all in the premiership in a few years. 

The Clough legend lives on at derby. 

Would be a backward step, thanks but time to move on......

4 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

There is 10 candidates on the DET poll and a someone else

Dean Smith 32%

Someone else 15%

Nigel Clough & Sam Allardyce 10%

Mick McCarthy 9%

Igor Stimac 7%

Paul Simpson 5%

Darren Wassall, Chris Coleman, Chris Powell, David Moyes 3%

4 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

1 minute ago, David said:

There is 11 candidates on the DET poll

Dean Smith 32%

Someone else 15%

Nigel Clough & Sam Allardyce 10%

Mick McCarthy 9%

Igor Stimac 7%

Paul Simpson 5%

Darren Wassall, Chris Coleman, Chris Powell, David Moyes 3%

On our Manager poll he is well down the list...

Archived