Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be a lot who disagree but I want Lampard. Wants the Ipswich job so would take us on. 

Best pundit out there by a mile (means nothing I know) but he talks and reads the game so well. And would get the respect from everyone. 

We’ve had experienced and it hasn’t worked so why not try something else. 

2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Garcia is the best option for me by a long shot. Other than that, you’re looking at characters like Cook, Hurst, Tisdale and I’m not sure i’d Feel comfortable taking that risk right now

Rowett was a risk never won anything lost two playoffs ,three now .Just saying.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Might be a lot who disagree but I want Lampard. Wants the Ipswich job so would take us on. 

Best pundit out there by a mile (means nothing I know) but he talks and reads the game so well. And would get the respect from everyone. 

We’ve had experienced and it hasn’t worked so why not try something else. 

Part of me thinks it could be a disaster having someone so inexperienced... but part of me also is inclined to agree with you. He may well have fresh tactical ideas that he can bring to the table, and would certainly have some good links in the footballing world. With an experienced assistant (perhaps an ex Chelsea coach?) I think he’d be a decent shout. Mind I could see us appointing him with Redknapp as director of football... that could be interesting..

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I think that's half the problem

the ain't no purse anymore lol 

There is but the leagues ludicrous ffp rules means we cant open it.

Just now, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

The starting 11 from Nigel Clough’s last match. He signed or brought through any single player. 

Get him back now.

You mean those players he couldn't get to play well as a team? Nobody can doubt he can build a team, I still don't think he's a good manager though.

I’m sorry, but 15 pages and not one of you had even acknowledged the fact that B4 suggested three-time Manager of the Month 1998/1999 winner Alan Curbishley as a possible replacement. Alan Curbishley..!

**** it, let’s bring back David O’Leary! ?

It depends on the intentions of the club.

If we are in serious financial strife (and I don't think we are really) and we require somebody to rebuild on a shoestring, then I would go for Nigel Clough any day of the week. I'm afraid that boat sailed a long time ago though. Despite being relegated at Swansea, I think that Carvalhal would be a decent shout, but I feel that his profile might be a little too high now. Probably Warburton.

I don't think he either signed or brought through Adam Smith but I know what you mean. I'd have him back too. He was expected to turn a silk purse into a sows ear hear, then subsequent managers were allowed to spunk millions on getting us only marginally further forward. McLaren added a little bit of spice to Clough's team and nearly got us promoted playing the best football we have seen for a decade or more. I remain convinced that Clough would have done well given a bit to spend 

Archived