Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

I'm convinced we don't need to buy any new players. We could get a manager in to properly sort this lot out, whilst playing football the right way with balance and philosophy, having been under the tutelage of the 2 best managers ever to grace English football.

If he could be persuaded, I'd be hiring Roy Keane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Part of me thinks it could be a disaster having someone so inexperienced... but part of me also is inclined to agree with you. He may well have fresh tactical ideas that he can bring to the table, and would certainly have some good links in the footballing world. With an experienced assistant (perhaps an ex Chelsea coach?) I think he’d be a decent shout. Mind I could see us appointing him with Redknapp as director of football... that could be interesting..

Not the worst idea and we could start getting some decent loan talent in.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

I'm convinced we don't need to buy any new players. We could get a manager in to properly sort this lot out, whilst playing football the right way with balance and philosophy, having been under the tutelage of the 2 best managers ever to grace English football.

You manage Roy Keane, you don't make him the manager. He would be the biggest failure since Jewel

I can’t imagine many things I would like less, but I can’t help but think Redknapp will be the replacement, especially given his previous connection to Mel and recent announcement that he wants another job

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Your post was so good until the last line.......

Jaap Stam or Mark Warburton for me, for a realistic option out of work. 

Both have some concerns, but both play the game in the right way. Stam took Reading from 17th to the play-off final, before taking back down again(?) work that one out. Warburton sacked from Forest, but was definitely on to something there. I was delighted when they sacked him. 

I wouldn't mind Carvahal either, plus I don't think Mad MIck would be as bad as some are making out. 

Now the transfer window is closing before a ball is kicked and being World Cup year we really are up against it time wise.

With that we shouldn’t be making the job more difficult by looking to appoint a head coach and director of football, there simply isn’t time to sync the two together.

We need a manager, and not one from Eastern Europe that has never seen a game of Championship football in his life just because his name sounds exciting. 

Nor should we be looking at ex players like Igor for a romantic reunion. I’ve seen Paul Simpson’s name mentioned which would be slightly different given his managerial record which isn’t too shabby, Igor on the other hand is atrocious, the question you should ask yourself is would you want them had they not played for Derby? 

I say that like we have any say in who’s next, which we don’t!

I have no names to throw in that I would like throw into the fan hat, to be honest it all still feels a bit raw and stings a tad that Rowett would walk away having just been rewarded with a new contract. I’m not seeing it as a time to celebrate as some are, change of manager is the last thing we needed. I do not want to be watching Stoke get promoted next season surrounded by the....”maybe Rowett wasn’t that bad after all” as we prepare for another season in the Championship.

Never had any reason to go to Stoke, but I will be buying a home and away membership to guarantee a Stoke ticket to give him a proper boo from the bottom of my lungs. Why Gary ffs, why. Any idea when the tickets are out?

Anyhow, the names that are being thrown out are not really doing it for me right now, especially Warburton. I just hope we get it right and Stoke do a Sunderland.

Just now, Ambitious said:

Jaap Stam or Mark Warburton for me, for a realistic option out of work. 

Both have some concerns, but both play the game in the right way. Stam took Reading from 17th to the play-off final, before taking back down again(?) work that one out. Warburton sacked from Forest, but was definitely on to something there. I was delighted when they sacked him. 

I wouldn't mind Carvahal either, plus I don't think Mad MIck would be as bad as some are making out. 

Mick would be fine in getting out of the division but wouldn’t last long afterwards.  If we want stability, I don’t think Mick is the man.

wouldnt object to the others though

3 minutes ago, David said:

Now the transfer window is closing before a ball is kicked and being World Cup year we really are up against it time wise.

With that we shouldn’t be making the job more difficult by looking to appoint a head coach and director of football, there simply isn’t time to sync the two together.

We need a manager, and not one from Eastern Europe that has never seen a game of Championship football in his life just because his name sounds exciting. 

Nor should we be looking at ex players like Igor for a romantic reunion. I’ve seen Paul Simpson’s name mentioned which would be slightly different given his managerial record which isn’t too shabby, Igor on the other hand is atrocious, the question you should ask yourself is would you want them had they not played for Derby? 

I say that like we have any say in who’s next, which we don’t!

I have no names to throw in that I would like throw into the fan hat, to be honest it all still feels a bit raw and stings a tad that Rowett would walk away having just been rewarded with a new contract. I’m not seeing it as a time to celebrate as some are, change of manager is the last thing we needed. I do not want to be watching Stoke get promoted next season surrounded by the....”maybe Rowett wasn’t that bad after all” as we prepare for another season in the Championship.

Never had any reason to go to Stoke, but I will be buying a home and away membership to guarantee a Stoke ticket to give him a proper boo from the bottom of my lungs. Why Gary ffs, why. Any idea when the tickets are out?

Anyhow, the names that are being thrown out are not really doing it for me right now, especially Warburton. I just hope we get it right and Stoke do a Sunderland.

He'll be getting a barrage of verbal abuse from me, that's for sure. Can't trust a word of what he's says, its an absolute disgrace 

29 minutes ago, Gap tooth ram said:

A few other names, Jody Morris who's doing an excellent job with Chelsea U23's and Craig Bellamy who's with Cardiff U18's and who although not my cup of tea as a player, speaks a lot of sense now.

This is a massive job for somebody 

bloated squad, massive earners, big contracts, big expectant fan base  

it's going to take someone with a big contacts book to move some of this lot out and to freshen it up with seemingly little wriggle room

id be very very worried if we appointed a relative rookie 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

This is a massive job for somebody 

bloated squad, massive earners, big contracts, big expectant fan base  

it's going to take someone with a big contacts book to move some of this lot out and to freshen it up with seemingly little wriggle room

id be very very worried if we appointed a relative rookie 

Whoever we appoint is going to have to spend a year or two shifting out the players on high wages. It'll take that long because a lot of contracts go on that long and in the interim we'll struggle to shift them.  In the meantime, we won't have room in FFP to make big signings so we just have to wait. I hope during this period we'll blood some youngsters. That's all I want from the next manager.

Derby aren't going to be challenging for promotion in the next couple of years. Expectations need to significantly shift downwards.  

The good news is that in 2 years, when the highly paid players have gone, we'll then have room in FFP to supplement any young players that do meet the bar with some higher paid players again. 

16 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

You manage Roy Keane, you don't make him the manager. He would be the biggest failure since Jewel

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Your post was so good until the last line.......

distinct lack of vision and understanding in what is needed and what this guy brings. 

1 hour ago, Cisse said:

We should get a good manager and stick with him. Changing managers every season doesnt't work for anybody. Look at what has happened to Milan teams. They change the damn manager every season at least once and they end up with nothing. And they have some quality players.

We can't expect to win the lottery with a playmate manager of the month. Get a manager and let him build the team.

Real Madrid have had 13 managers (thank you Wikipedia) since 2000 and they've done okay.

I tend to agree with you, but it has to be a judgment call each time and that call shouldn't be influenced by the previous decision because that just creates sunk cost fallacy. 

You shouldn't be firing managers because you cannot think of what to do and you shouldn't be holding on to them because because you're not sure what to do either.

We do need stability, but not for the sake of stability.

Archived