Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

20 minutes ago, David said:

Now the transfer window is closing before a ball is kicked and being World Cup year we really are up against it time wise.

With that we shouldn’t be making the job more difficult by looking to appoint a head coach and director of football, there simply isn’t time to sync the two together.

We need a manager, and not one from Eastern Europe that has never seen a game of Championship football in his life just because his name sounds exciting. 

Nor should we be looking at ex players like Igor for a romantic reunion. I’ve seen Paul Simpson’s name mentioned which would be slightly different given his managerial record which isn’t too shabby, Igor on the other hand is atrocious, the question you should ask yourself is would you want them had they not played for Derby? 

I say that like we have any say in who’s next, which we don’t!

I have no names to throw in that I would like throw into the fan hat, to be honest it all still feels a bit raw and stings a tad that Rowett would walk away having just been rewarded with a new contract. I’m not seeing it as a time to celebrate as some are, change of manager is the last thing we needed. I do not want to be watching Stoke get promoted next season surrounded by the....”maybe Rowett wasn’t that bad after all” as we prepare for another season in the Championship.

Never had any reason to go to Stoke, but I will be buying a home and away membership to guarantee a Stoke ticket to give him a proper boo from the bottom of my lungs. Why Gary ffs, why. Any idea when the tickets are out?

Anyhow, the names that are being thrown out are not really doing it for me right now, especially Warburton. I just hope we get it right and Stoke do a Sunderland.

Couldn’t give a monkeys what Stoke do next year, he has choose to go there, happens all the time on football.

That guy at Wolves, he didn’t do to bad without any championship knowledge, oh and then there someone called Wagner or something like that, once again shows that you don’t need to know the league to be successful.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Not sure he would come, but surely Big Sam is a shout. Don't care how terrible the football is in this league just want results. 

I gave Rowett’s style this season the benefit of the doubt, but seeing it layed out so blankly like this is truly depressing. 

Just now, CHCDerby said:

Forget the next manager, I'm thinking well ahead of this and thinking who I want after this new one. Autumn will soon be here. 

Manager of the season has a whole new meaning at Derby!

19 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I think Carlos might just fancy us

Ilich Ramirez Sanchez ? Think he's probably got a history of honouring contracts, but doubt he's currently got a release clause.?

9 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Couldn’t give a monkeys what Stoke do next year, he has choose to go there, happens all the time on football.

That guy at Wolves, he didn’t do to bad without any championship knowledge, oh and then there someone called Wagner or something like that, once again shows that you don’t need to know the league to be successful.

Good point. Football has the same rules and objectives all over the world. there is nothing mysterious about the championship at all.  What works in Croatia or Argentina is likely to work in Derby. We shouldn't be ruling out good managers just because they don't have 'local knowledge' or experience in the championship..

Stefano Eranio, could be a problem trying to get him away from the A.C. Milan youth team and his faux pas while on pundit duty on Swiss T.V. But he would bring with him knowledge of the game, contacts, he could also bring with him some of the youth players who have graduated from he youth academy and he knows he club and is loved by he fans. Who doesn’t remember Eranio in a derby shirt? If you don’t then ask you dad or google him.

39 minutes ago, feisty said:

Whoever we appoint is going to have to spend a year or two shifting out the players on high wages. It'll take that long because a lot of contracts go on that long and in the interim we'll struggle to shift them.  In the meantime, we won't have room in FFP to make big signings so we just have to wait. I hope during this period we'll blood some youngsters. That's all I want from the next manager.

Derby aren't going to be challenging for promotion in the next couple of years. Expectations need to significantly shift downwards.  

The good news is that in 2 years, when the highly paid players have gone, we'll then have room in FFP to supplement any young players that do meet the bar with some higher paid players again. 

Agree with all this

I hope some fans can get that through their heads 

the next manager will need time and patience 

yes I know it's rowett walking out on us but there's plenty on here that were wanting him out after 2 transfer windows 

(and let's be honest January is well documented as a dangerous window to operate in )

shame rowett wasn't afforded the some patience by some 

as u say this is a massive job before rowett arrived and now he's gone 

Whoever we bring in needs to be somebody that's been there and done it. Big Sam probably fits that bill but I'm sure he would want money to spend.

Alternatively, somebody that would have every single Derby supporter drool at the thought of him at the club again. Igor would do that plus if his football is crap, we can just stare at him.

Kevin Keegan with King Arthur as Director of Football. 

Failing that, George Burley with Marcus Tudgay as assistant manager. 

Then there’s Colin. If we wait a few months he will be available and all our troubles will be over. 

Archived