Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Come on Roy, he's not that bad FFS!! He looked ok once we swapped formations last year. No world beater for sure but no donkey either. Be fair!

Who will you drop to play him? Not even one of the U23s. He's all piss and wind, hates getting stuck in and little end product. But other than that Anya's great.

21 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Surely the primary reason beyond all others for being a football is an initial Love of playing the game . Isn't it?

So why why would you intentionally spend 'large* periods of your short career on the sideline if weren't injured even if were a very large wage.

I understand not all footballers love the game as much as most of us fans do but yet lots of them get paid stupid amounts of money. Make of that what you will...

32 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Surely the primary reason beyond all others for being a football is an initial Love of playing the game . Isn't it?

So why why would you intentionally spend 'large* periods of your short career on the sideline if weren't injured even if were a very large wage.

Pretty sure Bywater was quoted as saying he didn't like football as have others - and there have been plenty of players who have been more than happy to sit on their backsides and pick up a big payslip at the end of each month without caring whether they were actually winning anything (or even if they were playing). It's part of the problem with the 'modern footballer' - the money starts flowing when they are young and comes so easily that unless they have the right mentality (and guidance), a lot will just follow the the money wherever it leads - huge amount of talent wasted by players who want riches first and foremost....

22 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Pretty sure Bywater was quoted as saying he didn't like football as have others - and there have been plenty of players who have been more than happy to sit on their backsides and pick up a big payslip at the end of each month without caring whether they were actually winning anything (or even if they were playing). It's part of the problem with the 'modern footballer' - the money starts flowing when they are young and comes so easily that unless they have the right mentality (and guidance), a lot will just follow the the money wherever it leads - huge amount of talent wasted by players who want riches first and foremost....

That did come across in a lot of his performances. 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who will you drop to play him? Not even one of the U23s. He's all piss and wind, hates getting stuck in and little end product. But other than that Anya's great.

He's a decent wing-back for me - But not good as a winger or a fullback

1 hour ago, Rab a dab doo said:

You have to enjoy being kicked about a lot, certainly. 

19 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Well that's strange because I have been told the same thing by two Gastroenterologists that it's very important to take calcium supplements as the steroids thin the bones.  Unless you are a Gastro Consultant I will take their word and not yours 

How weird! I know a GP and a nutritionist that say the exact opposite! The mistake a lot of people make is thinking that bones are made of Calcium when they are actually comprised of 12 minerals -namely,Boron,Calcium,Chromium,Iron,,Magnesium,Manganese,Potassium,Phosphorus,Selenium,Sulphur,Silicon and Zinc plus 64 other minute amounts of other trace minerals.Clinical evidence that Calcium supplementation helps bones is weak and inconsistent.The BMA have actually said that it can be harmful and can build up in the arteries,causing heart disease,or in the kidneys,causing kidney stones.

He’d be better off,regarding his bones,taking a D3 supplement and getting some sunshine which will increase its synthesis in the body  naturally.

As I said,let’s leave it to the “experts!” and stick to football!?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

It’s been a long emotional day, can we not post in the Chris Martin thread without any Chris Martin news please? Got me all upset for no reason

Lol.....I know what you mean.

Made me think tho:

Is there any reason why so many are clamouring for him to leave when he is seemingly the perfect fit for the hold up striker role in lampards side?....

It's a role that he has performed perfectly in the past but hasn't yet been given the chance to...why do we think that anyone else would perform the role better?

Last Friday it wasn't nugents pace that was required it was someone to hold onto the ball up top until the rest of the team caught up.

I sometimes think in the race to bring in exciting new names into the squad we are liable to throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Archived