Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May work in our favour. Their embargo starts in Jan so they'll need to get players in now. Ridiculous really. We'll put you in embargo but give you 6.months notice so that actually it doesn't affect you. 

I suspect this will now see SM pick up 2 or 3 Derby players before the end of the window. I think Butterfield, Thorne and Martin. All would go knowing they can't be replaced because of the embargo so their place i the side won't be massively at risk. 

On 25/07/2018 at 17:48, StivePesley said:

Seems far too random to be made up. Colitis is indeed nasty - and incurable, the "more serious conditions" would be testing for cancer I imagine. It can be controlled with medication but you have to watch diet very closely.

I had ulcerative colitis many moons ago and was put on a course of steroids.

At the time they weren't too sure what caused it (stress, diet etc).

However I have not had another episode in 25 years, I eat anything that is put in front of me, no one told me different.

Not a nice condition to have though

25 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I suspect this will now see SM pick up 2 or 3 Derby players before the end of the window. I think Butterfield, Thorne and Martin. All would go knowing they can't be replaced because of the embargo so their place i the side won't be massively at risk. 

I think there is more hope than truth in this statement, I suspect he will pick up none of them but would love to be proved wrong

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why would they go?

Same reason Martin went to Fulham and Reading, Butterfield to Sheffield Wednesday when they could have refused to budge. First team football.

Regardless of your thoughts of the players, in particular Martin, there doesn't appear to be much game time on offer or any light at the end of the tunnel for the trio.

Signing Marriott, in negotiations for Waghorn, we don't need Sherlock to come in and tell us Lampard wants to improve our forward line. You can argue Waghorn is no improvement on Martin till you're blue in the face, but it's Lampard who is paid to make those calls which he appears to be doing.

Thorne, barely involved in pre season, heard very little why he hasn't been involved, but with Ledley and Huddlestone taking the DM roles in pre season, hard to see how Thorne fits in to these plans.

McClaren would be a lure for both Thorne and Martin you would imagine, both playing their best football under him. 

We've had our disagreements Roy, but surely you must see why they would leave if offers came in.

I haven't factored in rumours surrounding Martin's "abdominal problem", I know an ITK from another site is claiming he has Colitis which could true, but I don't think it's something which should be taken as fact until confirmed by the player or club, no disrespect to the ITK'er whoever that is.

Having played for the U23s the other day, I would guess there has been some improvement to what ever the problem is to be putting him back on the pitch again, with Eustace and McClaren in attendance they clearly have their eyes on someone. 

8 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Pure hope... 

Maybe but if McLaren and Eustace came all the way to Derby to watch Martin jog around for 45 minutes surely then it’s a wasted journey.

Yes it’s “pure speculation” to borrow a phrase from Mac, but if they have financial trouble and we are a selling club then surely he’d be having a look at more than one player? It’s at least logical

43 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

May work in our favour. Their embargo starts in Jan so they'll need to get players in now. Ridiculous really. We'll put you in embargo but give you 6.months notice so that actually it doesn't affect you. 

These are the three. They're keen on Butterfield but he doesn't want to go do far south, coupled with his missus having a baby. Though I thought that would stop Lamps coming, and happily not! 

Both Thorne and Martin genuinely love the club, but I'm sure they can see the writing on the wall. Not heard anything whatsoever about an ongoing health issue for Martin, but presuming he and gorgeous George want Championship first team football, a return to the Mac has to be their best option. 

But I suspect we are again talking loans. 

51 minutes ago, David said:

Same reason Martin went to Fulham and Reading, Butterfield to Sheffield Wednesday when they could have refused to budge. First team football.

Regardless of your thoughts of the players, in particular Martin, there doesn't appear to be much game time on offer or any light at the end of the tunnel for the trio.

They might go for first team football but they might not - it didn't do Butterfield, Martin or Blackman any good. Anya is always just ducking under the radar. It's not about my thoughts for Martin - you're the one with the obsession it seems. ?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

They might go for first team football but they might not - it didn't do Butterfield, Martin or Blackman any good. Anya is always just ducking under the radar. It's not about my thoughts for Martin - you're the one with the obsession it seems. ?

Well if I was you I would have a word with who else has access to your computer, as someone really really likes Martin in your house. ? 

What really matters is that the loaning club picks up all the wages ??   Now QPR know their fate it could well work in our favour since they know they have to take players on now to cover their whole season as they have no chance to top up or replenish in January

1 minute ago, David said:

Well if I was you I would have a word with who else has access to your computer, as someone really really likes Martin in your house. ? 

I must change my password!

I'd have thought they/some would have been as likely to wait it out until Jan and arrange to go on a free somewhere?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I must change my password!

I'd have thought they/some would have been as likely to wait it out until Jan and arrange to go on a free somewhere?

Martin and Thorne have another season left on their deals after this one, Butterfield would be free in the summer. 

Archived