Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You a Forest fan then.

He went out on loan to play both times the Derby managers didn’t want him. He’s been ill and is working his way back to fitness. You’re a troll.

You’re blind faith in him is becoming tiresome. I appreciate his time playing for us under Mac. But subsequent managers have ditched that style of play. And far better judges of a player than me have questioned numerous aspects of his ability and character. The fact that you seem inocuous to logic and choose to ignore his failings shows a certain lack of maturity. 

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

You’re blind faith in him is becoming tiresome. I appreciate his time playing for us under Mac. But subsequent managers have ditched that style of play. And far better judges of a player than me have questioned numerous aspects of his ability and character. The fact that you seem inocuous to logic and choose to ignore his failings shows a certain lack of maturity. 

I’ve missed the criticism of his character and “lack of understanding of his own shortcomings” that you have eluded to. I didn’t know his work ethic had been called into question either.

Do you happen to have any links or evidence for these claims? I’d like to do some reading.

Just now, Duracell said:

I’ve missed the criticism of his character and “lack of understanding of his own shortcomings” that you have eluded to. I didn’t know his work ethic had been called into question either.

Do you happen to have any links or evidence for these claims? I’d like to do some reading.

This? 

Ah dammit!

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

None that I can share. 

5 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Ditched 4-3-3? Not anymore. Lol, you’re so funny? Which judges? As for better than you, you’ll have to narrow it down hugely won’t you. ?

1 minute ago, Hathersage Ram said:

None that I can share. 

Can’t share? So the people calling into his question his character and have categorically said that he refuses to acknowledge or work on the flaws of his game have told you privately but won’t say on record?

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Can’t share? So the people calling into his question his character and have categorically said that he refuses to acknowledge or work on the flaws of his game have told you privately but won’t say on record?

That’s correct. But can you not form an opinion based on you’re own. 

13 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

The problem is though, aren’t you expecting people to put blind faith in your opinion? As you aren’t backing up what you are saying with ought factual? Doesn’t that have its own question over maturity?

8 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Just so easy to throw mud around, pretending to be ITK -oooh can’t tell, you have to believe me. Not on is it!

Numerous managers have praised Martin’s attitude even when not in the team.

13 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Okay. So you’ve been told something we don’t know, and the rest of us don’t know who’s told you the information. Maybe you should take his into account before debating with someone who doesn’t agree with you.

You might want to consider how you discuss a public figure on a public forum.

You have said:

- Many in the game have questioned “numerous aspects of his character and ability.”

- he has as no work ethic 

- he lacks understanding of the shortcomings in his own game

- he doesn’t want to do anything about them anyway.

You have made these assertions as if they were facts. Nobody who has actually worked for the club or near the club in a significant capacity has made any of the above claims, to my knowledge, in public. Therefore, on this public forum, we aren’t able to accept them as facts - however much you believe them to be facts yourself.

I think it’s clear that you and @RoyMac5 do not see eye-to-eye on Chris Martin. Maybe it’s possible just to leave it there. I think it’s a bit much to suggest someone is being logical or immature for not accepting gossip about a public figure as fact when we are unable to verify or critique the validity or reliability of your claims.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just so easy to throw mud around, pretending to be ITK -oooh can’t tell, you have to believe me. Not on is it!

Numerous managers have praised Martin’s attitude even when not in the team.

I have never said you must believe me. Rather I base my opinions on my own thought process and discussions with people I respect. Simples 

7 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I have never said you must believe me. Rather I base my opinions on my own thought process and discussions with people I respect. Simples 

But when you put it over that opinion on a public forum then you must be prepared to back it up!

FWIW, I do agree with you in a way, but it's an argument you can put towards the vast majority of championship player with limited ability. Not enough players work at their faults, hence you get players who are amazing at one attribute but struggle with other aspects. I'd even lay those complaints at the doors of Vydra, Ince and many others who have made a move to the Prem. To lay it in the door of Martin feels harsh, and not looking at that situation objectively stands to prove you were looking to give one player a kicking.

Shame as you had a great point if used correctly.

21 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

He was dire tonight. Hopefully no Bristol scouts were around or if they were, then they judge him on his play 3 seasons ago. Otherwise I genuinely can't see any Championship teams taking him on loan with his wages. 

I think that's pretty harsh on a player getting his 1st ninety minutes of the season.

He made several knock-downs and a few passes that maybe would have led to something more productive if he was surrounded by the calibre of player he normally plays with.

I'm a massive Martin fanboy though, so maybe not the most unbiased source tbf.

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lol. How ridiculous. He is the exponent of his own downfall. He thought he was better than he was. Lack of work ethic. Dubious fitness. Lacks the ability to understand his own shortcomings and the ethos to do anything about them. 

Unless it’s alreasy come out in public then saying something like this on a public forum isn’t the smartest thing to do!

irrespective of whether it’s true or not, it’s still defamatory. 

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Unless it’s alreasy come out in public then saying something like this on a public forum isn’t the smartest thing to do!

irrespective of whether it’s true or not, it’s still defamatory. 

I don't think it's defamatory tbh, after all it's just his opinion.

Just wrong!

Archived