Chris Martin

Waffle

Nixon on about Martin playing despite him meant to be injured and also other first teamers there plus it being on a stream.

Maybe we have set it up to put a few in the shop window? Someone did say 5 out this week - Martin, Thorne, Butterfield, Blackman + Hanson?

Eustace there, maybe watching Martin?

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Nixon on about Martin playing despite him meant to be injured and also other first teamers there plus it being on a stream.

Maybe we have set it up to put a few in the shop window? Someone did say 5 out this week - Martin, Thorne, Butterfield, Blackman + Hanson?

Eustace there, maybe watching Martin?

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are on about currently?

Martin isn't injured.  He has an ongoing abdominal problem which is being managed  as they gradually increase his training. Playing for the U23 will be part of his rehab............I presume it is the U23 Nixon is talking about.                        

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are on about currently?

Basically Alan Nixon is implying that Martin wasn't really that injured and that this game has been set up for him and a couple of other first teamers to be in the shop window.

Somebody on here said last week that 5 players are set to leave this week - we have 5 players that you would call first teamers playing in this U23 game, maybe it's these 5.

Also, John Eustace (QPR Assistant Manager) is also there watching the game, only reason for that is to be watching players? McClaren is well known to like Martin, would surely be interested in Thorne as well.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Basically Alan Nixon is implying that Martin wasn't really that injured and that this game has been set up for him and a couple of other first teamers to be in the shop window.

He said nothing of the sort. What he said is that Martin was injured despite the chat. Chinese whispers!

906F5915-DE0B-4376-BEC0-EDDC195BD2F7.jpeg

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Somebody on here said last week that 5 players are set to leave this week - we have 5 players that you would call first teamers playing in this U23 game, maybe it's these 5.

Also, John Eustace (QPR Assistant Manager) is also there watching the game, only reason for that is to be watching players? McClaren is well known to like Martin, would surely be interested in Thorne as well.

I wasn’t aware of the u23 game when I read your post but anyway it’s good that some of the senior players are getting a run out 

10 minutes ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

How is martin doing

He did fine. Clearly lacking fitness. Played the first 45. 

Was a semblance of himself. But was never going to actually do anything of note.

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He did fine. Clearly lacking fitness. Played the first 45. 

Was a semblance of himself. But was never going to actually do anything of note.

Especially with a particularly leaden midfield/forward line up of Butterfield, Hanson, Blackman and Thorne.

As someone else said Nixon was telling people that unlike 'chat' was suggesting Martin had indeed been injured.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Of its true he can't run without having a heart attack or bowel problems, could he not just play and amble about chewing gum so as not to aggravate his fanboys?

#onlyjoking

It’s not the worst team suggestion I’ve seen on here this summer tbh...

I’m hoping it’s not another loan deal ,, that would be so bad for derby and for Martin ,, it’s all gone on too long now , we need to either commit to wanting to keep him or sell and if it is Steve Mac and qpr I hope Mac has the decency to buy him if poss and not some bargain basement loan that leaves Martin up in the air ,

personaly I now think it’s right time to move Martin on ,, not just for derby but also for the player too ,,,

poss Thorne is ripe to be sold if poss too

1 hour ago, archied said:

I’m hoping it’s not another loan deal ,, that would be so bad for derby and for Martin ,, it’s all gone on too long now , we need to either commit to wanting to keep him or sell and if it is Steve Mac and qpr I hope Mac has the decency to buy him if poss and not some bargain basement loan that leaves Martin up in the air ,

personaly I now think it’s right time to move Martin on ,, not just for derby but also for the player too ,,,

poss Thorne is ripe to be sold if poss too

Have you,,,, got Comma Tourette’s? ? 

According to an "ITK" on another site:

"Update on Martin, Lampard wants him to stay but he’s been really ill with colitis and isn’t fit at the moment. He’s doing gym work to build himself up. He will miss the start of the season but shouldn’t be too long before he’s back. He will be a good mentor for the young players coming into the squad."

"At least Derby are supporting Martin in his recovery. When he 1st became ill he tried to play thro it at Reading which has slowed his recovery"

"End of March he was unwell and was having test for more serious conditions"

---

If this is true, then get well soon Chrissy!

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

According to an "ITK" on another site:

"Update on Martin, Lampard wants him to stay but he’s been really ill with colitis and isn’t fit at the moment. He’s doing gym work to build himself up. He will miss the start of the season but shouldn’t be too long before he’s back. He will be a good mentor for the young players coming into the squad."

"At least Derby are supporting Martin in his recovery. When he 1st became ill he tried to play thro it at Reading which has slowed his recovery"

"End of March he was unwell and was having test for more serious conditions"

---

If this is true, then get well soon Chrissy!

Stop stop stop. I’m getting nostalgic for a 4-3-3 led by Chrissy Martin with creative players buzzing around him and playing off his little touches. I know it’s irrational and he’s not the player he was (at least I don’t think he is) but it’s too damn tempting.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I imagine it would have been easier if he'd been fit! Are you saying the same about Vydra?

No ,not saying same at this point about vydra ,,, that’s no reflection on them as players ,it’s just plain and simply the fact that all this messing round ,in out shake it all about has done the club,player and fans no good , time to poo or get off the pot

Archived