Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tells us it’s his dream job, preaches stability and longevity. . . ****s off at the first sniff of more money. 

Did not think Rowett was like that at all, shocked and dissapointed. 

Birmingham fans warned us this would happen, hats off to them they weren’t wrong.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Well if Stoke don’t offer him the job what would happen 

They will. If he turns it down him and mel will need to come up with some good spin to make it look like its a good thing. Ive never been in the rowett out camp but once you show an interest in leaving you lose credibility with the fan base.

Not that i blame him for looking to advance his career, i do think stoke is a short sighted move myself. 

Read a piece yesterday written in January saying they would wait until the summer to get Rowett and bring in a short fix replacement as an interim - if they stayed up great if not so be it - but in both scenarios they obviously wanted him as a long term manager.

They can have him - 

18 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

The most annoying thing about this whole scenario is Rowett signed a load of old knackers likely on decent wages also gave new contracts to the likes of Forsyth and Hanson  when we had promising young players like Lowe and Elsnik on loan and now he's gonna jump ship what a complete **** pile . 

Perhaps we are destined to be a stepping stone. I don't mind that, as long as Rowett ***** off.

Sith Happens
Just now, TigerTedd said:

Bloody hell. I put my phone down for 3 hours and come back to find an extra 50 pages on thus thread. 

**** reading all that. Someone catch me up. Has he signed yet?

No, curtains has changed his profile pic in the hope it persuades him to stay.

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

Well if Stoke don’t offer him the job what would happen 

He's a goner.  Best to get some compo for him if we can.

I'm like you, very disappointed that Rowett has jumped ship at the 2nd opportunity, having used the 1st to increase his wealth. 

Or perhaps Mel has stated the financial parameters Rowett has to work within next season - and he’s decided to leave it to the next man.

I do recall him saying something to the extent of “we will need to wheel and deal - but I still want to be able to build and be competing at the top end of the division”. 

Maybe he’s decided that won’t be possible?

Mel should be properly fed up with the “dream job” line - but let’s face it for a shrewd businessman he does seem to swallow any old twaddle.

before Gary Rowett we had the Pearson “only candidate who shared the vision” and clement convincing him that he was “our Alex Ferguson “.

looking forward to seeing mick McCarthy unveiled as “the spiritual guardian of total football having taught johann cryuff all he knew”. ?

Archived