Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The club is all of ours to love, as Fans! 

Unfortunately the sad truth is  the staff be that playing, coaching etc etc are just employees. It’s just a job to them and don’t fall for the badge kissers etc. 

It's a job, it pays the bills and they are all loyal to their next pay cheques, it’s not a criticism it’s just the way it is. 

Oh I fully understand this. But Mel would look weak if Rowett were to say no to Stoke and come back to us now. I accept the point your making, but there is not a chance in hell Rowett can stay now.

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

There is still no guarantee that having spoken to Stoke that GR is going to take the role. 

Its all still in the balance, he’s currently “talking” to Stoke that’s all. 

I hope if he doesn’t move to Stoke there isn’t going to be a “Mac type toon” witch hunt. 

He is still our manager and remains so until announced otherwise. 

Well if Mel doesn’t tell him to do one after asking to talk to them he will look like a pushover and I suspect lose a fair bit of respect from the fans.

It’s about time Derby had some luck, this if it happens will be our best bit of business for ages. Gary going and us getting 2/3 million is brilliant. As long as we don’t stuff it in a brown paper bag and give it to Allerdyce

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Glad I’m not Mel is all, tough times ahead for him. 

Mel is now “Damned if GR does stay and Damned if GR doesn’t “

Mel Morris has a bit of sympathy from me, yeah he could have done some things better but I think he’s been well and truly shafted by two people now he put a lot of trust and faith in. That’s got to hurt, even if he only admits it to himself. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Steve McClaren was vilified for having the nerve to commit to Derby when the Newcastle rumours began. He made the playoff final one year, got sacked, then left to go the PL. He was deemed a failure and a traitor.

Gary Rowett is set to leave Derby for another Championship side in Stoke after making the playoff semi-finals. He’s deemed a success and most have the attitude of ‘I can’t blame him for wanting a pay-rise elsewhere, good luck Gary’

Double standards here are disgusting. Hypocrites.

Can you name any posters that have done what you said above?

As I remember it, there were a large number of posters who backed Mac.

Archived