Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Just read one of their forums.. They think he is the messiah with new ideas... Just what they need..

The poor fools.

I think he'll do well there because it's basically a fresh start. The majority of their Prem team will be sold and he'll be able to build the team he wants. But can you imagine if they go through a rough patch like we did? They're expecting to win the league, so I can't see them being patient through a 1-2 month period of poor results and being dominated by the lesser teams 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I've had a spring in my step ever since this development broke.

Spare a thought for Stoke tonight, they still see this as a good move. God help them, although, they'll be well used to hoofball I suppose....

I was knackered early on ,now I'm that excited I can't sleep.

I genuinely think Mel has played a blinder here. He has completely hoodwinked GR with the no money available nonsense and the plonker has bought it! He clearly didn’t trust him to spend it and the drop in attendances is pretty telling . He almost fluked it by stumbling into the playoffs when Olssen got injured but went back to true 11 behind the ball to ensure failure. Get the lawnmower out and clean the ice off the football we are coming back to earth..  happy days are here again, above the sky’s are blue again .. and not filled with hoof! A real weight has been lifted ?  

Ive been on their fourm apparently they're getting Vydra for £8m ? Are they absolutely mental? West Ham have been linked so He'll probably go there & if he did go Stoke they have parachute payments. If we can hold out for £15m plus £2m for Rowett then its a good start on resolving this fair play rubbish & giving the new manager a but of cash to play with.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Can’t wait for this to be finalised and him to be gone. We might actually have some entertainment again at PP next season. 

Well the chances of taking six points off Stoke next season have certainly improved today. Happy days.

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Ive been on their fourm apparently they're getting Vydra for £8m ? Are they absolutely mental? West Ham have been linked so He'll probably go there & if he did go Stoke they have parachute payments. If we can hold out for £15m plus £2m for Rowett then its a good start on resolving this fair play rubbish & giving the new manager a but of cash to play with.

But Vydra didn't suit GR's style and wasn't played so surely he is the last player GR will sign, doesn't make sense?? I am more concerned that he might go after Curtis Davis....

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Can’t wait for this to be finalised and him to be gone. We might actually have some entertainment again at PP next season. 

Well that will depend on who replaces him. If it is Big Mick or Big Sam we won't.....

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

“Rowett wants 4 years” ?

give him 12 months, as soon as he sniffs more money he’ll be off like a shot! 

Nah, he's playing it smart. It'll be an extra 12 months compo when the penny finally drops at Stoke and they have to get rid of him...

13 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

I genuinely think Mel has played a blinder here. He has completely hoodwinked GR with the no money available nonsense and the plonker has bought it! He clearly didn’t trust him to spend it and the drop in attendances is pretty telling . He almost fluked it by stumbling into the playoffs when Olssen got injured but went back to true 11 behind the ball to ensure failure. Get the lawnmower out and clean the ice off the football we are coming back to earth..  happy days are here again, above the sky’s are blue again .. and not filled with hoof! A real weight has been lifted ?  

Must admit the thought has also occurred to me......... Mel isn't behind the door and there's more than one way to kill a cat !!

Archived