Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

2 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

That was a joke, but I don't think it's overreaching to assume Huddlestone, Ledley and Davis (albeit, deservedly) are on among the higher wages in the league. 

I don't imagine Hughes, Ince, Martin and Butterfield would have been on low wages

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By wanting to speak to Stoke and requesting Mels permission is actually the correct way of doing things, so fair play to him on that. 

He would be stupid to completely tell Stoke to GTF without listening to what they are offering, and what their vision of the next 2- 3 years look like. 

After that, he has a decision to make. 

If he goes, can't blame him. On paper Stoke have a better chance of going up, and in theory it would be 1st time he had decent money to spend. If he stays, then he would put down a marker to the fans that he wants to succeed at Derby.  

irrespective of whether you like Rowett or not,  it is appalling that given his pontificating - this is my dream job,  I've got a job to finish here etc etc , new contract in January he has turned from the club to speak to Stoke -  the biggest turncoat in my 38 years of watching the club .  If he goes hope he fails miserably -  if he doesn't sack him anyway the dice has been rolled

20 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

471083166_3297107.jpg?20150430163618

"Hooray!!!"

Quality ,just quality ,, made me laugh on a day whe laughing wasn’t on the agenda

1 hour ago, admira said:

If Stoke were still premier league I might understand it. Just had Rowett down as a good bloke who was truly committed to Derby. That’s why I’m disappointed. 

Clearly he’s been swayed by their 1972 League Cup win

34 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'm hoping GR releases a statement saying he is going nowhere just to see the reaction on here.

Despite Rowettball, I for one would applaud him for that.

I'm glad it looks likely to be sorted rather quickly. I'm not going to hold any malice against him in the slightest, i've never hidden in my opinion that I think he's taken us backwards, perhaps not where results have shown but the quality of our team - or at least the quality of football we have produced - has been at the lowest I've seen it since the early days of Clough. It's probably no surprise that our crowds have been at their lowest since those days as well, all this despite finishing in the play-offs. 

It's given me a little bit more excitement going into next season now. I hope we can bring in a manager who appreciates technical footballers. Jaap Stam & Mark Warburton come to mind, although I think there is a lot of choices out there. I would say that lots of managers succeed at one club & fail at another, very few go around succeeding at every club they touch. I'm open minded providing we bring someone in who: A) implements a system that encourages progressive football. If we don't have the players to make it a success, so be it, just don't stray away to try and 'shortcut' a few good results & B) puts emphasis on technical players, those who want to play the game in the right way. 

Let's become a club that is at least respected for going about things the right way again. 

Poor Stoke have been hood winked good and proper. They thought all that noise echoing from Pride Park on a Saturday afternoon was us Rams fans drooling at Rowetts counter attacking football. The reality is, that all that noise was us snoring at his dour and dross anti-football. Very rarely did his actions correlate with his words. He's a bluffer. Good riddance I say.

31 minutes ago, Gritters said:

What has this club become? Managers leaving for a tin pot outfit like Stoke whose only honour is runners up in the  Ashbourne summer league.

Fair's fair, they are looking to expand. They are planning a ground share with the Uppards next year.

What Rowett has done just meks mi fall out of modern day football even more ... multi millionaires doing a dream job , no loyalty while rest of us idiots pay our hard earned cash . What a set o C ****. Im off ta feed pidgeons .... 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

irrespective of whether you like Rowett or not,  it is appalling that given his pontificating - this is my dream job,  I've got a job to finish here etc etc , new contract in January he has turned from the club to speak to Stoke -  the biggest turncoat in my 38 years of watching the club .  If he goes hope he fails miserably -  if he doesn't sack him anyway the dice has been rolled

It might have been his dream job, but he is also ambitious - why would he want to stay at a club that is going full slash and burn next year.

21 minutes ago, curtains said:

You think relegation isn’t possible don’t be too sure on that one. 

You implied that it's a certainty.

There's big bollicks and little bollicks, but your hyperbolics are on a different level altogether.

Just now, GenBr said:

It might have been his dream job, but he is also ambitious - why would he want to stay at a club that is going full slash and burn next year.

if this was his dreamjob he would have stuck with it ... it's not as if he didn't know we were cutting wages when he took over .  The Birmingham fans were right .  Nothing but a bullshitting ****house

10 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

£43m parachute cash vs Morris austerity.

Well, Mel did have the bloody Tories down at PPS last year.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't imagine Hughes, Ince, Martin and Butterfield would have been on low wages

Two of them are still at the club, had he brought in the likes of CJ on loan then fair enough, but he didn’t.

Archived