Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

6 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

What Rowett has done just meks mi fall out of modern day football even more ... multi millionaires doing a dream job , no loyalty while rest of us idiots pay our hard earned cash . What a set o C ****. Im off ta feed pidgeons .... 

Walter?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to spend, a toxic fan base and having to sell all of the top talent in the squad versus parachute payments for a club that is still local.  It's a no brainer for him - next season would be thankless unless he could oversee a miracle.

A lot of people saying what a mess!

Is it that bad? Yes we've got to cut the budget, get rid of players and get another manager, this might lead us down a different path than we have been going down in recent years which was big money managers and players.

it may mean we bring in a manager we wouldn't have normally bought in with a different type of ethos and player recruitment.

Its safe to say our management recruitment hasn't really worked since Mac 1, but now circumstances could force us into different decisions.

Mel's got some big decisions to make, I say embrace it, it might work out ok!

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Might be able to help guv... 9999 blue European flags going cheap..

I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Two of them are still at the club, had he brought in the likes of CJ on loan then fair enough, but he didn’t.

Well he didnt sign or extend the contracts of either so not sure how that can be held against him.

What contract is CJ on?

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

if this was his dreamjob he would have stuck with it ... it's not as if he didn't know we were cutting wages when he took over .  The Birmingham fans were right .  Nothing but a bullshitting ****house

I disagree. If I was appointed to my dream job, but wasn't given any resources to actually do it properly, had to sell everything that actually did what it was supposed to and worked for a guy who willy nilly fired all my predecessors every 6 months I would be gone at the first sign of a better offer as well - don't care how much I wanted it at the start.

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Knew he wasn't ever going to commit and ensured us a payout off Stoke? Also none of the OAPs Rowett signed were on long deals...

This was a new thread in support of Mel, but has been moved to Rowetts thread. 

Interesting that Rowett has previous and maybe Mel was wary of that?

Just now, eddie said:

I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

10k and we shake hands... ?

Only one problem, there is one star missing off em. The dodgy geezer In Shanghai has had me over.. Nobody will notice, honest guv.

I'm very disappointed by all this. First time in a while I've felt the club is on an even keel. But no doubt Stoke are a more appealing proposition than Derby right now and I've no issue with GR wanting to go. Stoke will have plenty of money and he can shape his team far quicker than he could here.

Compare that to the messages coming out of our boardroom, which are starting to spread rumours now that Mel wants to sell.

It's all a result of the way the club has been run the last couple of years. 

Mel's got an interesting choice to make. Let's hope he doesn't play it too safe. 

I'm not sure I could stomach Mick McCarthy football. 

The sad truth is that Mel is a fan and has shown he has the passion. What he doesn't have is the money to allow us to do what the likes of Wolves has done. So who ever is in charge next year will have to do it on a shoestring.  Or we get in new backers with big money. The only way you will attract a big name manager and players

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The sad truth is that Mel is a fan and has shown he has the passion. What he doesn't have is the money to allow us to do what the likes of Wolves has done. So who ever is in charge next year will have to do it on a shoestring.  Or we get in new backers with big money. The only way you will attract a big name manager and players

He's invested a lot. Unfortunately it's been spent pretty poorly. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well he didnt sign or extend the contracts of either so not sure how that can be held against him.

What contract is CJ on?

How do I know what contract he is on? However it’s safe to say that brining CJ in and loaning Martin out will add to the wage bill long term.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

If he doesn't go to Stoke he should be fired anyway. He wanted to speak to another club. (oh and the other part about him being a naff manager). Mac didn't even speak to Newcastle. 

Yes he did.he even asked one coach at derby"would you come to Newcastle with me". told someone else"its not the money it's the size of the club"

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

I disagree. If I was appointed to my dream job, but wasn't given any resources to actually do it properly, had to sell everything that actually did what it was supposed to and worked for a guy who willy nilly fired all my predecessors every 6 months I would be gone at the first sign of a better offer as well - don't care how much I wanted it at the start.

Point being he new the scenario from the start -  and he did have 16 million to spend .   also as far as I recall  he got a fat juicy new contract only four months ago

I blame whoever put the topic up about dodgy ears ,, trainers you can get away with but question a mans lugs and you’ve crossed a line

Archived