Gary Rowett gone to Stoke

Mckram

14 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Expecting Stoke to get Rowett but unlikely to be tonight as Derby holding firm on a number of financial aspects including full compensation (+£2.2m) & waving of loyalty bonuses. Follow @MirrorFootball live blog for updates https://t.co/k0jLH29iLy

Imagine having the gall to ask for your loyalty bonus after openly admitting you're not very loyal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Delighted he's going.

he produced the most boring football i've witnessed in 48 years of watching the Rams.

got to laugh at all the south standers and yes men singing his praises.

p.s. @leedsram you me £20 and a pint.

Ha, it was me not LeedsRam!

You've forgotten that the condition was he still had to be here at the end of 2018/19 though! (The point I was making was that he would bring success if given time - little did I consider that he potentially wouldn't be giving us time....) Happy to shout a pint though!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/28869-manner-of-performances/?page=8

£2m for Rowett, looks like good business from where I’m standing. His football was starting to influence attendances, not usually something managers can survive for long. Much better to cash in now for both parties, than have him dismissed in November. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If the team are actually playing football rather than hoofball,that's half the battle done...I'm quite happy with mid table next season if we are entertained with attacking football,we are developing young players in the side and we use the flair players to the best of their ability instead of stifling them because they are "risky"

The crowds will be back once Gary had gone.

Bookmarked to check attendances next season kash

3 hours ago, eddie said:

I'm not sure that 20 points from 18 games at Swansea constitutes total failure for Carvalhal, considering where they were when he joined in December. Over a full season that sort of points return would have put them in the Bournemouth/Wet Spam bracket.

Fair point - I don't really follow the Premier League that closely, was just aware they had a really bad run and got relegated.

1 hour ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Was he waiting till they got relegated so he wouldn’t have a relegation on his cv then take charge a few months later ? 

Yep you could be very right as I thought Lambert was a very left field appointment , perhaps the job was rowetts whether they stayed up or went down regardless  ? Lambert on the cheap 

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Fair point - I don't really follow the Premier League that closely, was just aware they had a really bad run and got relegated.

Truth be told, I had to look it up.

The reality is am disappointed that the bloke obviously has no integrity, but TBH as a season ticket holder who stopped going to games because I don't like my team to defend for 89 mins & hope to snatch the odd goal on the break. I'm hoping we at last get a manager who will blood youth & go for it ( like Rowett said he was going to) but instead filled the building with has beens 

11 minutes ago, archied said:

Yep you could be very right as I thought Lambert was a very left field appointment , perhaps the job was rowetts whether they stayed up or went down regardless  ? Lambert on the cheap 

Perhaps Mel knew that too?

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I've had a spring in my step ever since this development broke.

Spare a thought for Stoke tonight, they still see this as a good move. God help them, although, they'll be well used to hoofball I suppose....

Archived