Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

1) The bar stewards at food factories who produce lunch items for supermarkets, and their uneven and inconsistent filling of sandwich and wraps meaning I have to sift through each item on the supermarket shelf to find the one which looks the most appetising

2) My constant failure to judge this successfully, leading to the creation of a further choice when it comes to eating it - which half is the good one and which is the bad one?

3) My further failings in this regard leading me to eat the 'good half' first, leaving only some dry bread/tortilla & an assortment of garden leaves as the lasting taste of a wasted lunch break

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

1) The bar stewards at food factories who produce lunch items for supermarkets, and their uneven and inconsistent filling of sandwich and wraps meaning I have to sift through each item on the supermarket shelf to find the one which looks the most appetising

2) My constant failure to judge this successfully, leading to the creation of a further choice when it comes to eating it - which half is the good one and which is the bad one?

3) My further failings in this regard leading me to eat the 'good half' first, leaving only some dry bread/tortilla & an assortment of garden leaves as the lasting taste of a wasted lunch break

- four pack of fresh bread rolls (cobs)

- anchor/flora/clover/lurpak spread 

- pack of thick cut Wiltshire or Yorkshire cured ham

- block of pilgrim’s choice or cathedral city mature cheddar

- salad tomatoes (preferably vine)

- onion (red or brown) 

- coleslaw or mayonnaise or salad cream

let me know if you need further instructions, but purchase the above and some kitchen foil, and get out of bed ten minutes earlier. Buy a multipack of yogurts and some Jazz apples and you’re laughing. (Forego the crisps, unless they’re refrigerated!)

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

- four pack of fresh bread rolls (cobs)

- anchor/flora/clover/lurpak spread 

- pack of thick cut Wiltshire or Yorkshire cured ham

- block of pilgrim’s choice or cathedral city mature cheddar

- salad tomatoes (preferably vine)

- onion (red or brown) 

- coleslaw or mayonnaise or salad cream

let me know if you need further instructions, but purchase the above and some kitchen foil, and get out of bed ten minutes earlier. Buy a multipack of yogurts and some Jazz apples and you’re laughing. (Forego the crisps, unless they’re refrigerated!)

Variety is the spice of life and that sounds incredibly boring.

I'd end up having pretty much the same lunch 3-4 days a week, and if I didn't want that, and a heck of a lot of food waste when the ingredients start to go bad

...and don't now tell me to put stuff in my freezer - once things go in there they never come out again! That could be number 4 on today's list.

Edited by Coconut

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Variety is the spice of life and that sounds incredibly boring.

I'd end up having pretty much the same lunch 3-4 days a week, and if I didn't want that, and a heck of a lot of food waste when the ingredients start to go bad

...and don't now tell me to put stuff in my freezer - once things go in there they never come out again! That could be number 4 on today's list.

No imagination you kids. 
-ham

-ham and coleslaw 

-ham and cheese

-ham and tomato 

- cheese and tomato 

- cheese and onion

- ham, cheese, onion, tomato and salad cream. 

any two of the above from Monday-Thursday, Chippy lunch on Friday! 

On 27/10/2020 at 12:34, SouthStandDan said:

A lovely citizen of society today threatened to hurt me and the missus. Chap was a passenger in I'm guessing a work skip wagon. The vehicle was an inch away from hitting my car and others parked on the road and I shouted to warn the driver just to watch it mate and slow it down. A chap came out and squared up to me on the street and gave me every insult in his small vocabulary. I laughed in his face, didnt give it him back. He soon scurried off back to the wagon. 

I can't believe some idiots threatening to hurt other people over absolutely nothing. 

The amount of signs in shops, post offices etc that state "Our staff won't tolerate abuse" (or words to that effect). Don't recall many like that a few years ago. Cannot recall posting this but the above prompted me to.

Edited by TimRam

On 10/11/2020 at 15:36, Van Wolfie said:

I've covered this topic before in here but I've just received this managemet-speak BS sentence as part of an email from a client:

""We are certainly a node in the nexus of the key interest sectors"

triggered bobs burgers GIF

Soon to be ex-client if they're a Derby fan....

1 hour ago, TimRam said:

The amount of signs in shops, post offices etc that state "Our staff won't tolerate abuse" (or words to that effect). Don't recall many like that a few years ago. Cannot recall posting this but the above prompted me to.

Those signs basically should read as; "when we give you crap service and generally treat you like a dog turd, you are not allowed to answer  back"

Taxi drivers,

Make life a lot simpler for yourself whilst waiting for your next fare to be radioed through, by simply parking up directly opposite a T junction, thus making it easy for yourself to shoot off in either of the 3 available directions, once that call does come through.

Don't concern yourself with how that might affect others trying to pass, or pull out from the T Junction.  We really don't mind.

...And after all, The Highway Code is for amateurs anyway, right?

Over.

4 hours ago, TimRam said:

Until the mid nineties, we had a law which forbade any insults directed at government employees.  Some offices had signs in big black letters stating that law, with the added promise of 2 years in prison for infractions.  i got around that law quite easily, utilizing overpraise at every opportunity.

14 hours ago, TimRam said:

13 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Those signs basically should read as; "when we give you crap service and generally treat you like a dog turd, you are not allowed to answer  back"

Having worked in a customer facing role earlier in my life I can say those signs are spot on.

Of course most of the public are good decent people, but there are enough bamfords out there meaning you could easily feel like crap each and every day because they decided to be an utter arse, threatened, swore at, lied about to managers, been lied to about other members of staff.

And of course there is the definition of crap service, quite often people confuse not getting the answer they want with crap service. And even if someone has made a mistake (We all make them), it doent mean shouting and swearing at them is acceptable.

Im sure there are some shop staff who can be arses too of course, but even though im no longer public facing in my job, i witness far more of the public being arses than shop staff.

Of course, the worst people are those at shop checkouts etc that continue to hold a conversation on a mobile phone while they are being served by the shop assistant, that almost worse than being rude or abusive to someone.

The TV Show: Eat Well for Less

OK, so you save a family a load of money off their shopping bill but only if they shop at every known supermarket to buy all the cheaper stuff.

When they present the alternatives at the end you can easily see they're all bought from different shops.

Save a few quid but lose the entire weekend food shopping. Great, thanks for that.

6 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Having worked in a customer facing role earlier in my life I can say those signs are spot on.

Of course most of the public are good decent people, but there are enough bamfords out there meaning you could easily feel like crap each and every day because they decided to be an utter arse, threatened, swore at, lied about to managers, been lied to about other members of staff.

And of course there is the definition of crap service, quite often people confuse not getting the answer they want with crap service. And even if someone has made a mistake (We all make them), it doent mean shouting and swearing at them is acceptable.

Im sure there are some shop staff who can be arses too of course, but even though im no longer public facing in my job, i witness far more of the public being arses than shop staff.

Of course, the worst people are those at shop checkouts etc that continue to hold a conversation on a mobile phone while they are being served by the shop assistant, that almost worse than being rude or abusive to someone.

I once got served at a petrol station by someone who never took their eyes off a TV showning Eastenders, whilst taking my payment and handing me a receipt. No eye contact or conversation whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I once got served at a petrol station by someone who never took their eyes off a TV showning Eastenders, whilst taking my payment and handing me a receipt. No eye contact or conversation whatsoever. 

Yeah im sure it happens....i am sure i have more 'I once' stories from my time serving customers though.

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Once went to the doctors and he sat writing up notes while asking me to explain what was wrong. (no it's not the 'Doctor, doctor - people keep ignoring me' 'Next' joke). So I stopped talking, he said 'carry on, I'm listening' and I started to talk. He carried on writing, I stopped talking, he asked me to carry on, I said 'it's OK, I'll wait till you're done' and sat there in silence till he finished. Fortunately, I was only there for a hay fever prescription - I wouldn't have done it if I had been there to talk about my piles.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Disgusting! They deserve to be abused!

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7