Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
21 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Cyclists in pedestrian area weaving through pedestrians, **** off and get off your bikes.

Mobility scooters in pedestrian areas, why are they designed to go along faster than walking pace and are not insured? Ban them.

Dont you know its quite acceptable for cyclists to break any law of the road they choose to do so? Red light at pedestrian crossing/Zebra Crossing? Nope i dont need to stop im a cyclist.

And as for your pedestrian areas....im a cyclist its ok i can do what i want.

Oh and of course when there is a group of cyclists, dont expect us to cycle in single file...no we are going to cycle side by side...because we want to, but as a cyclist i AM going to get annoyed and feel harassed because you as a motorist is waiting behind me looking for an opportunity to overtake.

Mobility scooters i suppose they are 'designed' to allow people who cant walk far get about so i sort of get it but as you say they should be going slow.

How many actually need them though? There is a guy who used to go in a pub i went to who turned up on a mobility scooter....limped slowly inside, sank a few beers...then was dancing like a young john travolta by 10pm.

52 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Dont you know its quite acceptable for cyclists to break any law of the road they choose to do so? Red light at pedestrian crossing/Zebra Crossing? Nope i dont need to stop im a cyclist.

And as for your pedestrian areas....im a cyclist its ok i can do what i want.

Oh and of course when there is a group of cyclists, dont expect us to cycle in single file...no we are going to cycle side by side...because we want to, but as a cyclist i AM going to get annoyed and feel harassed because you as a motorist is waiting behind me looking for an opportunity to overtake.

Mobility scooters i suppose they are 'designed' to allow fat people who cant be arsed to walk far get about so i sort of get it but as you say they should be going slow.

How many actually need them though? There is a guy who used to go in a pub i went to who turned up on a mobility scooter....limped slowly inside, sank a few beers...then was dancing like a young john travolta by 10pm.

When the wife comes home with a load of dresses, sort of decides that none of them are quite right but then asks "What do you think?"

If they're from the sales, they're probably being sold off cheap for a very good reason, so you say so, as tactfully as possible. What that means is the final decision has subtley been put in your hands, not hers. "You don't like anything I buy"

Lose, lose situation.

Sith Happens
17 hours ago, Phoenix said:

When the wife comes home with a load of dresses, sort of decides that none of them are quite right but then asks "What do you think?"

If they're from the sales, they're probably being sold off cheap for a very good reason, so you say so, as tactfully as possible. What that means is the final decision has subtley been put in your hands, not hers. "You don't like anything I buy"

Lose, lose situation.

Ha thats not as bad as the 'does it make me look fat'. Thats the worse one to deal with, you say no, then she buys it, then decides it does make her look fat, so it doesnt get worn and you get earache for not telling her how it made her look. But if you try and be diplomatic and say its maybe not that flattering, or you dont like it, you get your earache for being rude about her looks.

Oh and another one....first shop, try something on, cant decide, spend the rest of the day trying other things on only to return and buy the first one.

The missus moans I never take her anywhere and I spend more time and money watching Derby. Yet she will quite happily blow £80 on a hair do that looks exactly the same. If I don't notice she has been to the hairdressers I'm in trouble. The best thing is though the next day she makes out the hairdresser has made a right mess of her hair and she is never going to that hairdressers again. Then 2 weeks later she is back in there getting ripped off again.

This one is for @Alpha

Driving from Sheffield along Baslow road, I saw sprayed on the road.. "BMWs are ****". I can't help but feel they mean the drivers of such cars rather than the vehicles themselves.

People who start to change lanes, pull in front of you and decide to signal after nearly completing the maneuver when you have no choice but stop or slow down for them. Indicators...to indicate your intentions not to confirm the crap I just saw!

3 hours ago, BondJovi said:

This one is for @Alpha

Driving from Sheffield along Baslow road, I saw sprayed on the road.. "BMWs are ****". I can't help but feel they mean the drivers of such cars rather than the vehicles themselves.

People who start to change lanes, pull in front of you and decide to signal after nearly completing the maneuver when you have no choice but stop or slow down for them. Indicators...to indicate your intentions not to confirm the crap I just saw!

I'd shake the hand of the artist. Wonderfully put. 

I pulled straight out on somebody the other day. Right in front of them. Not often I make mistakes on the road but I realised that all the gestures for saying sorry also mean "thank you"

How do you say sorry.

It was really close. I feel bad. But when a Pokémon is nearby it seems daft to let it get away

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

This one is for @Alpha

Ha yeah i hate that, they should signal, check then change lane, yet so many seem to think combining it all as one is adequate.

The one that annoys me the most is, i decide to overtake , so i end up in the outside lane, all of a sudden traffic slows so i have to slow too, keeping a good distance between me and the car in front, yet because i am not driving up the car in fronts rear end the driver behind me assumes i am not going as fast as i should be so undertakes me and then fills the safe gap i have left, and then proceeds to drive right up behind the car i was behind.