Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

People who take up two spots when parking,park at ridiculous angles, park way too close making it hard to get in my vehicle,etc.

Essentially,selfish people who can't be bothered to park like a normal person.

FTFY

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Loud speaker on the train is so annoying (keep it low not that loud ffs) 

Just make it legibile, doesnt have to be loud, how many times it comes on and it sounds like an adult talking in charlie brown and peanuts.

Sith Happens
17 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Loud speaker on the train is so annoying (keep it low not that loud ffs) 

Talking of rail announcements, i had to travel back on a once hourly train a couple of years ago....i checked the board and it stated it was running 15 minutes late, as this was just a few minutes before due i presumed it would not catch the time up so went to get a coffee.

On returning i noticed it had disappeared off the board - so went to ask someone and his reply was 'oh yes the board was wrong it was on time', i said 'could they not announce that it was wrong over the speaker system?' - his response was 'we dont make any announcements you have to watch the board', to which i said 'but it was wrong on the board', his response was to shrug his shoulders and walk off.

Why do people find it so hard to offer an apology, i was being polite, not aggressive, i also know there was nothing they could do but some sort of acknowledgment that there were wrong would be nice, and why can 'procedures' not be adapted to cater for times when the procedures in place are not working.

19 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Directions for use etc., printed in unreadably small lettering, in white on a very pale background. On bottles or containers of potentially dangerous contents, you'd think they'd make the effort.

Perhaps not.

The instruction and electrical CE compliance manuals you get with every appliance .. A great thick book with the same instructions in 12 different languages. 

This is the exit of the petrol station in Mickleover.

168ftpg.jpg

How many times must I queue up behind someone (at times it can be hard to get a gap in traffic here) who's gone down the middle, with no indication of which way they are going to leave? Or even more stupidly...

Just the other day I was leaving the station, headed right. There was a car fully on the left hand side (albeit with no indicator on), so I pulled up alongside him, a few seconds later... beep, beep, honk, the sound of muffled shouting and window-tapping tapping as the irate man in the car to my left was effing and blinding to his heart's content about me supposedly blocking him from exiting the petrol station. Dumb ****!

It didn't annoy me, but I did nearly piss myself laughing at him. I don't need any damp patches in my pants when I'm off to work, thankyouverymuch!

Daft loyalty schemes credit card companies and retailers

save your points, log on remember password "cash in your points for just what you ant"

= a "discount" voucher for something you don't want at a price that you can probably get somewhere else. 

They just want information about your habits in order to sell you something else. I would happily provide this if the "reward" was something useful like .. Money !

Add to that the BS that comes from building societies .. All the introductory rates that vanish very quickly and then they put you on a rate that just about compares with what you would get if you left it under your own bed. Then they send you a letter about this as part of a "promise" to be fair ... so you then go through all the rigmarole role of opening yet another account which involves talking to several eager young people who have all been through the training course and make you listen to all the regulatory stuff several times over. All while addressing you as if you no knowledge of business or commerce and have probably just escaped from a home for the intellectually challenged. I mean, you sit in front of them with a iPhone, their records tell them you have an email address but they still have to ask if you've got internet access ?  They then give you 2 kilos of brochures with all the regulatory stuff repeated again. Look deeper and you see that they have several different current accounts and so many savings accounts that can or cannot be applied for, depending on what account you have or what socks you wear on Tuesdays.

These are money shops they sell money to you at a price or pay interest on money you lend to them. It isn't that complicated. Peoples needs and wants would be much better served by simplicity, clarity and fair dealing .. But like the enegergy companies  there is, in the middle/upper managing level, a self preserving crowd of twerps that need to make it difficult to trade in order to justify their existence. Their Machiavellian games make the lives of the ordinary employees and customers a pain in the neck.  Rant over ...... For now ....

17 hours ago, jono said:

Daft loyalty schemes credit card companies and retailers

save your points, log on remember password "cash in your points for just what you ant"

= a "discount" voucher for something you don't want at a price that you can probably get somewhere else. 

They just want information about your habits in order to sell you something else. I would happily provide this if the "reward" was something useful like .. Money !

Add to that the BS that comes from building societies .. All the introductory rates that vanish very quickly and then they put you on a rate that just about compares with what you would get if you left it under your own bed. Then they send you a letter about this as part of a "promise" to be fair ... so you then go through all the rigmarole role of opening yet another account which involves talking to several eager young people who have all been through the training course and make you listen to all the regulatory stuff several times over. All while addressing you as if you no knowledge of business or commerce and have probably just escaped from a home for the intellectually challenged. I mean, you sit in front of them with a iPhone, their records tell them you have an email address but they still have to ask if you've got internet access ?  They then give you 2 kilos of brochures with all the regulatory stuff repeated again. Look deeper and you see that they have several different current accounts and so many savings accounts that can or cannot be applied for, depending on what account you have or what socks you wear on Tuesdays.

These are money shops they sell money to you at a price or pay interest on money you lend to them. It isn't that complicated. Peoples needs and wants would be much better served by simplicity, clarity and fair dealing .. But like the enegergy companies  there is, in the middle/upper managing level, a self preserving crowd of twerps that need to make it difficult to trade in order to justify their existence. Their Machiavellian games make the lives of the ordinary employees and customers a pain in the neck.  Rant over ...... For now ....

I much preferred Green Shield Stamps.

11_1365.jpg