Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I said a couple of weeks ago that Rowett should get at least 6 months more, regardless of what happens this season. And nothing has changed.

We should give him the transfer window to get rid of some players not deemed necessary, ageing and the ones that are simply not good enough, and bring in some younger players that has potential to improve.

I would not mind a season of building for the future, regardless of which division we are in. I want us to buy those players with pace and power in the team, I want to see technically good players that need a bit of TLC that will become better players, even if it means that we have a season where we aren't as high in the table as recently, as long as the performances are there and we look like we are building towards a better a future.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rynny said:

I said a couple of weeks ago that Rowett should get at least 6 months more, regardless of what happens this season. And nothing has changed.

We should give him the transfer window to get rid of some players not deemed necessary, ageing and the ones that are simply not good enough, and bring in some younger players that has potential to improve.

I would not mind a season of building for the future, regardless of which division we are in. I want us to buy those players with pace and power in the team, I want to see technically good players that need a bit of TLC that will become better players, even if it means that we have a season where we aren't as high in the table as recently, as long as the performances are there and we look like we are building towards a better a future.

Pretty much my thoughts but I'm not that positive about it.

Keyword would be a direction. Not just sweet words about getting a young and hungry squad but acts supporting it. So far talk and deeds are certainly not in line.

Whatever I like where we are heading at the moment, we will be stuck with him if Ipswich or similar doesn't make a move. Few months old contract will guarantee that.

Yes, but no, but yes, but no........I've flip-flopped more often that Gandhi doing the London Marathon.

I suppose he has intrigued me by adapting the squad a little in the last couple of games - enough to give him an opportunity to see if he can finesse it over the summer, with astute signings, good coaching and a preseason programme that builds good fitness levels, improving understanding and a level of positivity come start of next season - whichever division we are in.

Fail in that, and he should get no longer than Pearson did next season.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

Yes they merge my thread and leave this up 

Why is this thread allowed 

https://dcfcfans.uk/guidelines/

You may not agree with moderators opinions on football which is understandable, but we do ask that you respect the job they do on this forum. If you find that your post/topic has removed and would like to know why, please contact a moderator that is online by private message.

I would hope that MM would sit down with GR after the last game to review the season and tell him that his footballing style needs to change from the one he has employed this season to one in which creative attacking football is the predominant philosophy. If GR was not prepared to accept this then I would want him gone.

Not for me.

Whilst I have not been a fan of teh football we have played this season I like Gary as a person, like his history with the club and I think that we need some continuity as a club. There is also the unknown of what would a pay off cost us in terms of resources for future recruitment.

As others have said give him next season then he gets some more recruitment time and lets not forget that regardless of the style of performance he did get us to second.

9 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Pretty much my thoughts but I'm not that positive about it.

Keyword would be a direction. Not just sweet words about getting a young and hungry squad but acts supporting it. So far talk and deeds are certainly not in line.

Whatever I like where we are heading at the moment, we will be stuck with him if Ipswich or similar doesn't make a move. Few months old contract will guarantee that.

I'm not positive about it that is why I said 6 months and not all of next season ?

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I suppose he has intrigued me by adapting the squad a little in the last couple of games - enough to give him an opportunity to see if he can finesse it over the summer, with astute signings, good coaching and a preseason programme that builds good fitness levels, improving understanding and a level of positivity come start of next season - whichever division we are in.

I have to wonder if he was forced into the style change. He sort of half did it but stayed too negative with the defensive wingbacks. It was almost like he had to but did not want to change too much in doing so.. The fella is one big contradiction in my opinion.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those meetings at PPS.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I have to wonder if he was forced into the style change. He sort of half did it but stayed too negative with the defensive wingbacks. It was almost like he had to but did not want to change too much in doing so.. The fella is one big contradiction in my opinion.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of those meetings at PPS.

I think that's what intrigues me Angry - can he really change his spots, or will a couple of signings in see us revert to a defensively minded 4231? what we've seen is kind of enforced flexibility isn't it?

I think my limited goodwill is based upon a potentially mythical end of season review with Mel and a complete drains up of what was served during the season. If he could find a way of keeping the best of what he achieved (several 3-0 wins) with some greater adaptability and flair to cut out at least some of the rubbish then maybe he can come good.

100% not. This can’t keep on being our answer to everything, success isn’t going to come instantly through changing managers as proven so perfectly by our recent 3-4 years. GR inherited a squad that needed a hell of a lot of work doing to it, so why get rid of him because he hasn’t completely cured it within a season? I didn’t expect play-offs this season, and as the footballing cliche goes, “it’s a results business”. Regardless of performances, he’s getting results above where we should probably be with this team, so he deserves more time.

We’ll only be tearing up the work he’s done to start new with someone else who will have different ideas and yet another manager’s work to undo before he can really have his own impact on the side. And more than that, we’ll be sending out the message to GR’s successor that he has to get us into the top six or he’ll also be gone next year.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

100% not. This can’t keep on being our answer to everything, success isn’t going to come instantly through changing managers as proven so perfectly by our recent 3-4 years. GR inherited a squad that needed a hell of a lot of work doing to it, so why get rid of him because he hasn’t completely cured it within a season? I didn’t expect play-offs this season, and as the footballing cliche goes, “it’s a results business”. Regardless of performances, he’s getting results above where we should probably be with this team, so he deserves more time.

We’ll only be tearing up the work he’s done to start new with someone else who will have different ideas and yet another manager’s work to undo before he can really have his own impact on the side. And more than that, we’ll be sending out the message to GR’s successor that he has to get us into the top six or he’ll also be gone next year.

Tearing up the work hes done i hope so

getting someone with different ideas brilliant,

Telling the new man that hes being hired to bring success to DCFC and if he doesnt he too will be gone ,absolutely.

2 hours ago, David said:

It’s what happens when you run polls within an hour of a defeat, which is when they have all been recently posted.

Monday morning after a draw with one of the top sides in the division, no surprise the results are completely different.

Are you saying @David, Sir, that football fans are a fickle bunch who often "think" emotionally?  ?

For a lot of people I think Sunday's result is irrelevant to their opinion on Rowett's future.

Some would want him sacked even if we thumped them and then went on to do well in the playoffs.

For others, even if we played awful and lost badly, they'd still vote to keep him.

Whilst it would be enormously disappointing (and embarrassing) if we lost, I'm in the latter "wouldn't sack him" camp. 

4 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Not a chance. This is exactly where we had expected to be this season if not higher than we expected.

He's also slowly rebuilding to get us out of this mess of FFP - give him time.

Your first point would be valid if your second point was true 

Archived