Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some on here keep on making-up their own stories and then want the rest of us to believe their ********. What I want that sad minority to do is prove their claims. If they can't, can they shut the **** up?!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irrespective of what happens this season, the fact of matter is GR   has taken the team backwards,further increased the age of the squad,introduced passive football,shown a lack of ability in motivation,tactics and substitutions.

if he doesn't go at the end of the season we will most probably see a repeat of this season .

should he stay, probably until a proven suitable experienced replacement can be found and that could take 12 months.

9 hours ago, Pearson said:

No problem, I live in the real...I think

But the post is just so unnecessary and projects a negative impact for anybody reading.

so. a post created to have a debate is unnecessary on a forum where posts are required to have a debate? really?

8 hours ago, KCG said:

Some on here keep on making-up their own stories and then want the rest of us to believe their ********. What I want that sad minority to do is prove their claims. If they can't, can they shut the **** up?!

Who is? Name them, call them out properly, and show this "sad minority" who keep making up their own stories are.

Maybe get involved properly in the debate instead of throwing out sad reactions to posts you disagree with? 

8 hours ago, KCG said:

what are you referring to?

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

How bizarre. So, regardless of how we perform in the first couple of months next season, what players he brings in and how entertaining the football is you'd get rid if we didn't leave a player on the half way line when the opposition have a corner?

Maybe you're not being serious and I've missed the joke.

I think thet are linked, it’s all about positive tactics and not the negative hoofball we see now. And yes it really annoys me that he puts 11 men in our box every opposition corner, it’s so counter productive. So yes if I was Mel he’d have to change that as part of the overhaul 

So it's a 75/25 split backing Rowett, yet 75% of the comments on this thread are in the "sack" camp...

The phrases "silent majority" and "vocal minority" spring to mind.

Now... where's that Brexit thread...

10 minutes ago, Carnero said:

So it's a 75/25 split backing Rowett, yet 75% of the comments on this thread are in the "sack" camp...

The phrases "silent majority" and "vocal minority" spring to mind.

Now... where's that Brexit thread...

The comments in the main explain why Rowett should not be sacked now but fall way short of unconditional praise. There are as usual 2 extreme camps of in and out plus a probable small majority who don’t like what they’ve seen but have also seen the folly of continual change.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

The comments in the main explain why Rowett should not be sacked now but fall way short of unconditional praise. There are as usual 2 extreme camps of in and out plus a probable small majority who don’t like what they’ve seen but have also seen the folly of continual change.

I disagree, I think the majority of responses (from different posters) are quite reasoned and sensible, and realistic. There are obviously a poster on each extreme end of the spectrum

26 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think thet are linked, it’s all about positive tactics and not the negative hoofball we see now. And yes it really annoys me that he puts 11 men in our box every opposition corner, it’s so counter productive. So yes if I was Mel he’d have to change that as part of the overhaul 

It annoys me too but hardly a sackable offence especially if any/all of your other "strict criteria" are met. I think Gary would have a very strong case for unfair dismissal. 

9 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Irrespective of what happens this season, the fact of matter is GR   has taken the team backwards,further increased the age of the squad,introduced passive football,shown a lack of ability in motivation,tactics and substitutions.

if he doesn't go at the end of the season we will most probably see a repeat of this season .

should he stay, probably until a proven suitable experienced replacement can be found and that could take 12 months.

I agree it hasn't been pretty football, even during our winning streak but, I think many would raise an eyebrow at the statement "the fact of the matter is GR has taken the team backwards" if we manage to reach the play offs in his first full season. All depends I guess on how you define progress which means it's open to debate and therefore not a fact. 

You say "irrespective of what happens this season". Does that mean that even if we won the play off final (pigs might fly, you never know) he's still taken the team backwards?

11 hours ago, superzak said:

will hughes looking a world beater for watford against spurs...i will never be a rowett supporter

Yes and being played as a no 10 .

One of the worst 'crimes' of Rowett is that he decided very early that Hughes did not suit the Rowett Derby way , and so didn't use him much. No wonder Hughes decided the only way was to get out.

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree it hasn't been pretty football, even during our winning streak but, I think many would raise an eyebrow at the statement "the fact of the matter is GR has taken the team backwards" if we manage to reach the play offs in his first full season. All depends I guess on how you define progress which means it's open to debate and therefore not a fact. 

You say "irrespective of what happens this season". Does that mean that even if we won the play off final (pigs might fly, you never know) he's still taken the team backwards?

The team has gone backwards with regards an aged squad with few players remaining of any sell on value of note, players of any significant promise of longevity and value have gone ,wrongly or rightly but we're sold at prices way under their replacement value. For the last two or three seasons most  have believed we had the foundation of a squad capable of automatic promotion with the introduction of two or three players. We are now talking of a complete rebuild promoted or not.So yes in my opinion the team hasn't moved forward or improved. I would also suggest with the exception of Wolves this season has probably been easier than others with the likes of Sunderland,Middlesbrough,villa not doing as well as expected.

I’d sack him even if we get promoted as he’d be out of his depth in the prem. Watford did the same by sacking their manager after promotion and they are doing fine in the premier league.

Ideal scenario: Rowett and Mel Morris leave

Then we get a good manager and new ownership with heavy investment.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I’d sack him even if we get promoted as he’d be out of his depth in the prem. Watford did the same by sacking their manager after promotion and they are doing fine in the premier league.

Ideal scenario: Rowett and Mel Morris leave

Then we get a good manager and new ownership with heavy investment.

Reverse scenario we do a Sunderland 

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Reverse scenario we do a Sunderland 

Or a Wolves. If Wolves are able to attract heavy investment and get involved with super agents like Jorge Mendez, why we wouldn’t we be able to?

No matter how much Morris cares about this club, it has been a disaster under a him. A new start would be what is needed , introducing a clear philosophy of how we want to play and bringing a director of football(Steve McClaren for me as he said he’d be interested in becoming a director of football)

Just now, McLovin said:

Or a Wolves. If Wolves are able to attract heavy investment and get involved with super agents like Jorge Mendez, why we wouldn’t we be able to?

No matter how much Morris cares about this club, it has been a disaster under a him. A new start would be what is needed , introducing a clear philosophy of how we want to play and bringing a director of football(Steve McClaren for me as he said he’d be interested in becoming a director of football)

So let’s get this right you want Mel and Rowett out .

You want foreign investors .

Not for me that sorry .

Archived