Would you sack Rowett if we lose on Sunday?

Mostyn6

Would you sack Rowett if we LOSE on Sunday Vs Barnsley?  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, curtains said:

So let’s get this right you want Mel and Rowett out .

You want foreign investors .

Not for me that sorry .

Yes I do that’s correct. I believe that it’s the way forward if we want to develop as a club. People may not like it at first, but fans are fickle( as seen with Wolves)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yes I do that’s correct. I believe that it’s the way forward if we want to develop as a club. People may not like it at first, but fans are fickle( as seen with Wolves)

So who would invest in Derby County and are we perceived as a good investment.

We had GSE and never got promoted.

They wanted us to be a Premier League force 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/28/newsstory.derbycounty

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because if you can't list someone then it isn't a good idea. Geddit.

I can’t list potential investors for Derby County no one can other than Mel Morris at this time or his advisors. 

36 minutes ago, curtains said:

So who would invest in Derby County and are we perceived as a good investment.

We had GSE and never got promoted.

They wanted us to be a Premier League force 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/28/newsstory.derbycounty

bad example. They wanted us to be a Premier League force but without realistic investment (in the squad) and without insisting Nigel Clough shuffles his coaching staff. Was never going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

bad example. They wanted us to be a Premier League force but without realistic investment (in the squad) and without insisting Nigel Clough shuffles his coaching staff. Was never going to happen.

Shame really for them though. 

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

The team has gone backwards with regards an aged squad with few players remaining of any sell on value of note, players of any significant promise of longevity and value have gone ,wrongly or rightly but we're sold at prices way under their replacement value. For the last two or three seasons most  have believed we had the foundation of a squad capable of automatic promotion with the introduction of two or three players. We are now talking of a complete rebuild promoted or not.So yes in my opinion the team hasn't moved forward or improved. I would also suggest with the exception of Wolves this season has probably been easier than others with the likes of Sunderland,Middlesbrough,villa not doing as well as expected.

Can't disagree with any of your points however, you say "in your opinion" which means it isn't fact. A word overused. Some would argue that to finish higher in the league represents progress and, a rebuild would be required if we'd somehow managed to get promotion. Also, none of us really know what constraints and pressures he has really been working under in terms of recruitment, getting funds in etc.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Also, none of us really know what constraints and pressures he has really been working under in terms of recruitment, getting funds in etc.

Ah that old chestnut get-out clause. ?

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

I disagree, I think the majority of responses (from different posters) are quite reasoned and sensible, and realistic. There are obviously a poster on each extreme end of the spectrum

That's exactly what I said. Small camps at extremes,  majority in mid range. 

No.  Simply because we've seen him in the last couple of games show what a lot of Brum fans commented about him when he came to us, tactical flexibility.  Things had stagnated, and weren't working, so he's changed things.  Admittedly it could've helped if he'd done it a few games earlier but it's welcome none the less...

I'm not sure I'll be 100% happy either way unless somebody outstanding is lined up and its a no brainer.

I think he has shortcomings that will always hamper us but this couple of week revival, even if it doesn't come to anything may be the catalyst for avoiding or at least reversing the January slump next year.

I've been preaching stability for a long time, and although I'm not sure Rowett is the stability we actually need. I'd be apathetic about him staying or going rather than incensed

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In which case the poll should have been set up to be able to show that.

Ie yes / no / meh

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Good point. Meh is the new pffft! ?

not at all, not having it. It's YOUR decision and you need to make one. We've just been beaten by Barnsley, do you sack him, there are only 2 options, YES or NO. It's not hard! Leaving it a week or a month = NO.

21 minutes ago, Moist One said:

not at all, not having it. It's YOUR decision and you need to make one. We've just been beaten by Barnsley, do you sack him, there are only 2 options, YES or NO. It's not hard! Leaving it a week or a month = NO.

How is life in your binary world?

I bet its 0010110011101 !

Just now, HantsRam said:

How is life in your binary world?

I bet its 0010110011101 !

I don't understand why people struggle to stick to a multiple choice. When you come to the end of the road, you have to go either left or right if they are the only options.

People just like to **** with my OCD!

If he approachs this game with 5 defenders 2 defensive midfielders and lets them have the ball and we lose then he has to go. Simple

however there is a proverb that says you only fall into a ditch so many times that eventually you find a way out. Let’s hope he grows a pair and finally lets the team express themselves. In that case he stays.

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It annoys me too but hardly a sackable offence especially if any/all of your other "strict criteria" are met. I think Gary would have a very strong case for unfair dismissal. 

Yeah but if I had the power to sack him it’d mean I’m loaded so could afford take the case on. I’d be a tough owner and probably not a very good one  ?

Archived